About this event
NEPA SCCA Solo Points Event #12
Regular Season Event Schedule:
- 7:00am to 8:30am: Course/Equipment Setup (if you want to assist in setup)
- 8:00am to 9:00am: Registration/check-in (CHECK-IN IS MANDATORY), Tech Inspection, and Course Walks
- Competitor must be in line for registration by 9am. Registration after 9am is at the discretion of the Event Chairman. Late fee will apply if approved.
- 9:20am: The REQUIRED Driver's Meeting (all drivers must attend)
- 9:40am: Novice Course Walk with Novice Chief
- 10:00am: The first car off the line!
- We normally run 4 heats throughout the day. Two morning heats and two afternoon heats. Each competitor will run one morning heat and one afternoon heat. You are required to work 1 of the 2 heats that you are not driving. Heat numbers and work assignments can be adjusted prior to the event based on high or low turnout.
- SCCA Member Entry Fee: $35*
- SCCA Member Junior Kart Entry Fee: $25
- Non-SCCA Member: Entry Fee (Standard or Junior Kart) + $15 SCCA Weekend Membership Fee
NEPA SCCA runs all SCCA Solo National classes in both Open and Ladies classes. We also provide a Novice class for first timers or those with very little experience in auto-x. Junior carts are permitted at NEPA events (except at the LCCC venue/events) . JC carts (or really slow or unprepared JA/JB carts) may be required to run a "shortened course" at larger venues (like Pocono) due to the length of the track.
Competitors are responsible for determining the correct class their vehicle is eligible to compete in. Class and competition rules can be found in the current SCCA Solo Rule book found here
Important NEPASCCA Rules/Supplementals to Remember:
---Anyone under the age of 18 who wants to drive, passenger, work, or spectate needs to have a Minor Waiver filled out before or at the event. Parent or guardian signatures are required. You can get a Minor Waiver sheet at a NEPA Solo Event or download a copy from the downloads section of nepascca.org
---The NEPA Region has always been a shifter cart "unfriendly" region. Small lots and no local competitors made it difficult to approve and test shifters at our venues. As of 2014, we are slowly trying to change this. We will be working with other shifter cart regions to try and lay a foundation for shifters in the future. There is no ETA at this time for the full approval of shifters at our venues but we are working on it. As of today, shifter cart approval will be given on a "per driver and per event basis" but the following rules will be in place and will not be altered. #1 - The shifter cart driver must be at least 16yo and have a valid driver's license for competition if the venue is approved. #2 - The venue and driver will have a much higher chance of approval if they have competed in National Tour or SCCA Pro Solo Events. #3 - All Pocono Raceway infield course events will have a shifter cart minimum age of 18yo with a valid driver's licence.
---Junior carts are permitted at NEPA events (except at the LCCC venue/events) . JC carts (or really slow or unprepared JA/JB carts) may be required to run a "shortened course" at larger venues (like Pocono) due to the length of the track.
---We normally run 4 heats throughout the day. Two morning heats and two afternoon heats. Each competitor will run one morning heat and one afternoon heat. You are required to work 1 of the 2 heats that you are not driving. Heat numbers and work assignments can be adjusted prior to the event based on high or low turnout.
---Drones are not permitted at any NEPASCCA venues. Operation of a drove violates our agreement with all venue owners at this and is non-negotiable regardless of SCCA rules. Please leave them at home.
---NEPASCCA normally does not use a sound meter to check exhausts. Safety stewarts and Event Chairs will decide if your car is too loud to run. A "one-time" refund will be available if you can not make the necessary adjustments to quiet your car.
---Any driver whose car leaves the lot/course area during a competition run due to driving recklessly or outside of their limits will be asked to leave the event without refund.
—Year-end trophies, jackets, and awards are only provided to “Annual SCCA Members”. Event trophies are provided to all outstanding competitors once the cones and equipment are cleaned up.
*Solo Chairs from other regions are eligible for free regular priced NEPA Solo events. Chairs should email email@example.com for instructions on how to take advantage of this benefit.