About this event
NEPA SCCA Solo Points Event #13 & #14
This is TWO separate events, registration options for each day are available on the registration form. You can register here for both days or individual days.
Regular Season Event Schedule:
- 7:00am to 8:30am: Course/Equipment Setup (Assistance for course/equipment setup is always welcome)
- 8:00am to 9:00am: Registration/check-in (CHECK-IN IS MANDATORY), Tech Inspection, and Course Walks
- SCCA Solo Tech Sheet Fill this out prior to event to save time and minimize contact during tech inspection.
- Competitor must be in line for registration by 9am. Registration after 9am is at the discretion of the Event Chairman. Late fee will apply if approved.
- 9:20am: REQUIRED Driver's Meeting (All drivers must attend!)
- 9:40am: Novice Course Walk with Novice Chief
- 10:00am: The first car off the line!
- We normally run 4 heats throughout the day. Two morning heats and two afternoon heats. Each competitor will run one morning heat and one afternoon heat. You are required to work 1 of the 2 heats that you are not driving. Heat numbers and work assignments can be adjusted prior to the event based on turnout.
- SCCA Member Online Entry Fee: $40*
- Non-SCCA Member: Online Entry Fee + $15 SCCA Weekend Membership Fee
- Onsite/Walk-up Registration Fee: $5 + Applicable Entry Fee
NEPA SCCA runs all SCCA Solo National classes in both Open and Ladies classes. We also provide a Novice class for first timers or those with very little experience in auto-x.
Competitors are responsible for determining the correct class their vehicle is eligible to compete in. Class and competition rules as well as various other rules pertaining to SCCA Solo can be found here.
Important NEPASCCA Rules/Supplementals to Remember
- Anyone under the age of 18 who wants to drive, passenger, work, or spectate needs to have a Minor Waiver filled out before or at the event. Parent or guardian signatures are required. You can get a Minor Waiver sheet at a NEPA Solo Event or download a copy from the downloads section of nepascca.org
- As of the 2020 Solo season, all drivers, passengers, and participants in designated hot zones (grid, course, photographers, etc) will be required to be an SCCA member (annual, weekend, or trial). Annual memberships can be purchased online here. Weekend memberships, required for drivers without an SCCA Annual membership, can be purchased online during registration or onsite during walk-up registration. Trial memberships are free, and can be acquired onsite from an event official.
The NEPA Region has always been a shifter cart "unfriendly" region. Small lots and no local competitors made it difficult to approve and test shifters at our venues. As of 2014, we are slowly trying to change this. We will be working with other shifter cart regions to try and lay a foundation for shifters in the future. There is no ETA at this time for the full approval of shifters at our venues but we are working on it. As of today, shifter cart approval will be given on a "per driver and per event basis" but the following rules will be in place and will not be altered.
- The shifter cart driver must be at least 16yo and have a valid driver's license for competition if the venue is approved.
- The venue and driver will have a much higher chance of approval if they have competed in National Tour or SCCA Pro Solo Events.
- All Pocono Raceway infield course events will have a shifter cart minimum age of 18yo with a valid driver's license..
- We normally run 4 heats throughout the day. Two morning heats and two afternoon heats. Each competitor will run one morning heat and one afternoon heat. You are required to work 1 of the 2 heats that you are not driving. Heat numbers and work assignments can be adjusted prior to the event based on high or low turnout.
- Drones are not permitted at any NEPASCCA venues. Operation of a drove violates our agreement with all venue owners at this and is non-negotiable regardless of SCCA rules. Please leave them at home.
- NEPASCCA will monitor sound levels to ensure appropriate levels of noise are maintained during events. Cars exceeding a decibel rating of higher than 93db will receive a warning. Noise levels equal to or exceeding 96db will be required to modify exhaust systems to ensure compliance or cease competition runs. A "one-time" refund will be available if you can not make the necessary adjustments to quiet your car.
- Any driver whose car leaves the lot/course area during a competition run due to driving recklessly or outside of their limits will be asked to leave the event without refund.
- Year-end trophies, jackets, and awards are only provided to “Annual SCCA Members”. Event trophies are provided to all outstanding competitors once the cones and equipment are cleaned up. SCCA Memberships can be purchased online.
*Solo Chairs from other regions are eligible for free regular priced NEPA Solo events. Chairs should email email@example.com for instructions on how to take advantage of this benefit prior to registration.