About this event
NEPA & NNJR SCCA Pocono TrackSprint Event (part of the A&A Auto Parts Track Sprint Series)
This event is a single day event and will be held on the East Course.
This event is being held under the SCCA Time Trials and TrackSprint Event Rules
Pocono TrackSprint Schedule
Event Schedule ($70 per Session, each session ~1 Hour with 15min changeover between each session)
|9:00am - 10:00am||Session 1 Runs|
|10:15am - 11:15am||Session 2 Runs|
|11:30am - 12:30pm||Session 3 Runs|
|12:45pm - 1:45pm||Session 4 Runs|
|2:00pm - 3:00pm*||Session 5 Runs|
|3:15pm - 4:15pm*||Session 6 Runs|
|3:45pm - 5:00pm||Clean up**|
*These sessions will open as earlier sessions fill.
**Track is hard locked until 7:00am. Track will consider any persons in the infield area after 5:00pm as trespassing.
Event Lead: Chris Haydu
**Plan to arrive at least 1 Hour prior to your session time. Check-in/Waiver is required. Please make sure you have a COMPLETED Tech Form ready for Check-in. Click here for Tech Form**
Event Entry Prices:
- Registration entries will be capped 120 entries, 20 paid entrants per session. No session limit per entrant, run as many sessions/days as you want.
- SCCA Annual Member Standard Entry Fee: $70
- Discounted Entry Fee: $35
- No joke. Your entry fee is ONLY $35 (instead of $70) if you sign up as a flagger for 1 session that you aren't running. Limited quantities.
- SCCA Weekend Memberships (for non-SCCA Annual members): $15 + Standard Entry Fee
- There will be no walk-up registration for this event. This registration form is the only way to gain access to this event.
- As stated in our refund policy, there will be no refunds of any kind for this event. Please refrain from personally emailing event staff regarding refunds if you can't make it. Being that we are all friends, we already feel bad enough that you possibly can't join us for the event. Don't make one of us be the bad guy and sadly remind you that this is a no refund event. The policy is the same for everyone and ensures that we can continue to have big expensive events like this in the future.
While this event is not an SCCA Solo event, for simplicity's sake, we will be using classing based on SCCA Solo National classes in both Open and Ladies classes.* There will be no Jr Kart classes run at this event.
Competitors are responsible for determining the correct class in which their vehicle is eligible to compete. Class and competition rules can be found in the current SCCA Solo Rule book found here
*While classing will remain SCCA Solo classing, rules must still adhere to SCCA Time Trials Rules. Due to the higher speed of this event, more rigorous safetly rules will need to be adhered to. Those safety regulations are outlined here: https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/safety. Please pay close attention to the convertible restrictions and the safety requirements regarding those items. NO EXCEPTIONS.
This event will not be counted as Points Events the RedShift Competition 2023 NEPA SCCA Solo Points Series.
RULES OF THE EVENT
A. GENERAL RULES: This event is governed by the 2023 SCCA Time Trial Rules (TTR), National Competition Format and National Classing as outlined at timetrials.scca.com plus the rules and procedures found on this page. Drivers must be at least 18 years old with a valid drivers license.
B. PASSING & TRACK PROCEDURES: There will not be any passing permitted on course. If your car fails during your run, you should come to a safe stop preferably off the racing line or in the grass surrounding the track. We will hold cars at start until the broken vehicle is removed or moved to a safer location. Workers will radio the timing trailer for reruns if a faster driver catches a slower car or a rerun needs to occur for any other reason. The event chair has the final word for requested reruns.
C. CLOTHING: Drivers are required to wear the minimum clothing outlined in the SCCA Time Trials Rules for their car and class. Safe apparel must be worn in the pits at all times (shirts and closed toe shoes). Family, friends, and crew will not be permitted at this event. This is a “drivers only” event.
D. PACED LAPS: Paced Laps are intended for Novice Drivers and Drivers who have never seen the track. Other drivers may join with permission of their group's driver coach if they join at the back and track density permits.
E. PIT LANE: We will not be using a “pit lane” for this event.
F. IMPOUND: Novice drivers will report to impound for post-session debriefs immediately following each session.
G. RESULTS: Results will be available at: http://nepascca.org/time-trials/
H. FLAG PROCEDURES: Black Flag Station and other event-specific flagging procedures will be announced at the event.
I. SCALES: We will not be using scales at this event.
J. EVENT SCHEDULE: Although we plan to run the event on-time with Session 1 beginning at 11am, actual session start times may be delayed from the published schedule due to unforeseen circumstances during the event. Please make sure you arrive at the track at the recommended arrival times. If you arrive late, you will still only be allowed inside the facility for the session that you purchased. It is the driver’s responsibility to pay attention to activity on track. The schedule or run groups may only be changed at the discretion by the Event Lead, or as needed to accommodate situations during the event. Event text messaging will be utilized to keep participants up to date on changes as needed.
K. COMMUNICATIONS: Radio frequencies used by event officials are not public and can not be monitored by personal radios.
A. DRIVER ELIGIBILITY: The event is open to all drivers 18yo and over with a valid state driver's license and a full annual membership to the SCCA. If you don't have a membership you can join prior to registering for the event.
B. TIME TRIALS LICENSES: It will help if you have one, but it's OK if you don't. SCCA members will be issued a Time Trials Novice license following the event. No charge. You can request this license here: https://timetrials.scca.com/pages/driver-eligibility
C. MEDICAL: Please notify the Officials of any pertinent medical condition(s). Any participants involved in an accident in which there is significant damage or any injury, or at a race official’s discretion, MUST present themselves or be transported to the track medical facility for evaluation. Off-site medical transportation fees may apply..
A. VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY: Competition is open to all vehicles conforming to the current SCCA Solo Rule book found here. This is NOT a points event for Solo or Time Trials. We will be running SOLO Classes simply for posting times online after the event and LIVE TIMING.
B. TECHNICAL INSPECTION: All vehicles must be presented at tech to turn in tech forms and pass the event safety inspection (Tech) if required prior to any on-course participation. Tech may also compliance of Vehicle Identification.
D. TIMING & SCORING: Times will be posted on the NEPASCCA LIVE TIMING site and on nepascca.org after the event. All cars will be classed according to Solo classing. Track maps will be available through the MSR event registration page a few days before the event.
POCONO SPECIFIC RULES
Enter the track under NASCAR Turn2 (Tunnel turn). Be ready to head to the hot area at the start time for your session.
Full Guidelines can be located here: https://www.scca.com/pages/time-trials-track-events
Important NEPA SCCA Rules/Supplementals to Remember
- As of the 2020 Solo season, all drivers, passengers, and participants in designated hot zones (grid, course, photographers, etc) will be required to be an SCCA member (annual, weekend, or trial). Annual memberships can be purchased online here.
- Drones are not permitted at any NEPASCCA venues. Operation of a drove violates our agreement with all venue owners at this and is non-negotiable regardless of SCCA rules. Please leave them at home.
- NEPASCCA will monitor sound levels to ensure appropriate levels of noise are maintained during events. Cars exceeding a decibel rating of higher than 93db will receive a warning. Noise levels equal to or exceeding 96db will be required to modify exhaust systems to ensure compliance or cease competition runs. A "one-time" refund will be available if you can not make the necessary adjustments to quiet your car.
- Any driver whose car leaves the lot/course area during a competition run due to driving recklessly or outside of their limits will be asked to leave the event without refund.
- Anyone under the age of 18 who wants to drive, passenger, work, or spectate needs to have a Minor Waiver filled out before or at the event. Parent or guardian signatures are required. The official SCCA Minor Waiver can be downloaded/printed from here.
Plan for a long day at the track and varying weather conditions (snacks, sunscreen, water, etc....). Bring your own tents and umbrellas if you need to stay out of the sun or rain. The timing trailer and event staff equipment tent is OFF LIMITS to non-event staff.