About this event
PCA’s North Country Region invites you to our two full days of fun at Lime Rock Park (LRP). Located in Northwestern Connecticut this historic track is easy to learn but difficult to master. We will be using the seven-turn classic configuration that’s been in operation since 1957. Each day includes four sessions for all levels of experience including two separate instructed run groups led by our nationally registered PCA instructors. Classroom sessions will be hosted each day by local track experts.
LRP hosts multiple professional and club events each year including the Trans Am Memorial Day Classic, Northeast Grand Prix, and the Historic Festival. Over the past eight decades LRP has hosted the Rolex Sports Car Series, American Le Mans Series, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, Sport Car Club of America, NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, NASCAR Welham Modified Tour.
The track has featured many well-known racers including Paul Newman, who supported his own Newman-Haas team with Bob Sharp, Mario Andretti, Stirling Moss, Dan Gurney, Sam Posey, Mark Donohue, Parnelli Jones, Joey Logano, Austin Dillon, Simon Pagenaud, and Alexander Rossi.
Come drive where the pros drive!
For those of you that want to get a head start for your two days of driving, you can sign up for a Virtual Track Walk here. If you want to check out the LRP facilities before the event, an excellent opportunity is the PCA Club race weekend on April 21 and 22.
There are many local accommodations within 30 minutes. They range from small Bed and Breakfasts to national hotel chains. A sample of these accommodations can be found here.
On Monday afternoon kick back and relax with your fellow drivers to share the day's stories and experiences at a Timing Tower Beer and Wine social. Liar's lap times are an expected activity.
- All participants must have the registered vehicle inspected within 30 days of the event. The NCR tech form which can be found at this link must be completed and signed by any approved PCA tech inspector regardless of region or a factory authorized new car dealer for the vehicle registered, or a repair facility that specializes in servicing the vehicle registered. Other approved NCR inspectors can be found at this link.
- Events are held in the rain and cold weather. No refunds for an event canceled after cars have been on the track, or for participants who do not come to the track when an event is not started. Partial refunds may be available to those who come to the track when an event is not started/canceled.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age, must have a valid driver’s license. A current driver’s license must be shown at registration.
- Non-participants are not permitted in either student or instructor cars. Non-participants under the age of 18 are allowed only in spectator areas. Instructors riding in student cars and students riding in instructor cars for instructional purposes are permitted. No student may ride with another student.
- First time drivers and students at a new track to them should be prepared to let their instructor drive their car for a few laps.
- All participants must obey all passing rules set forth in the driver’s meeting.
- Participants must wear long pants, and a long-sleeved shirt (natural, not synthetic fibers), or wear an approved fire-resistant driving suit. Footwear must be enclosed, non-slip, with a relatively smooth sole. Hiking type deep lugged soles are not acceptable.
- Drivers must have completed registration and be through the tech line prior to the driver’s and instructor’s meetings (approximately 8:15 am).
- No non-prescription drugs or alcoholic beverages may be consumed by anyone (participant or guest) during the event. Participants should be aware of the effects of their prescription medications on high performance driving.
- Tracks will be enforcing sound limits (Lime Rock Park - 88db, Club Motorsports - 92db, NHMS - 99db) at their tracks. You will be expelled from the event after your second offense during any given day.
- There is a mandatory Black Flag pit stop for all spins or two (or more) wheels-off. Two Black Flags for these or other driving infractions in a day are grounds for expulsion from the event.
- R-rated track tires are not allowed in Green and Yellow Run Group unless OEM fit or the car is also driven in an advanced run group. Chief Instructor approval required.
- A Snell rated 2015 or newer helmet is required. An SA rated helmet is preferred. M and K rated helmets are acceptable. Limited loaners MAY be available and must be pre-arranged with the track chair.
- A head and neck restraint system commonly known as a HANS device, is mandatory for both students and instructors when a five, six or seven-point harness or certain approved 4-point harnesses are in use. All neck restraints must meet SFI 38.1 or FIA 8885 or its successor certifications. A suitable roll bar or roll cage is recommended when race seats, harnesses and neck restraints are in use. A suitable roll bar or roll cage along with race seats, harnesses and neck restraints provides students and instructors with a complete safety system.
- Windows must be fully down (rain or shine). Window nets are not allowed.
- Your assigned car number must be at least 6 inches in height and be displayed on both sides of your car. A 4-inch-high car number must be displayed on the rear of the car.
- All Cabriolets/Convertibles must have a roll bar or roll cage installed which meets the "broomstick" rule (the driver's helmeted head is below a bar placed on top of the roll bar and windshield). All Targa tops must be installed unless there is additional rollover protection. All sunroofs must be closed. All open car (no top) occupants must wear arm restraints. All Cabriolets/Convertibles with Factory Fitted Popup Rollover Systems must have the system fully deployed before going on track.
- If so equipped, all facets of an Automatic Collision Avoidance System shall be disabled prior to entering the track and driving at speed.
Updated February 7, 2024