About this event
CRAFTSMAN AUTO CARE HPDE - BMW National Capital Chapter
Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point!!
Welcome to our annual Jefferson Circuit HPDE at Summit Point Motorsports Park presented by Craftsman Auto Care. This event is open to all run groups/skill levels with the usual 4 track sessions per day (including exercises), skidpad training, and classroom sessions. As you have come to expect, we provide a lot of track time, top-notch instructors, and an abundance of fun!
Note: Fridays are open to Approved Solo drivers! Contact the Registrar if you have questions on your status as a National Capital Chapter Approved Solo driver. Students new to NCC must have approval from the Chief Instructor to register for Friday.
- Student Saturday Only Registration: $275
- Student Saturday and Sunday Registration: $450
- Advanced/Solo Driver 3-day Registration: $550
- A-Solo Drivers Friday Only Registration: $275
- Friday Afternoon Skidpad Sessions: $50
NCC offers an A-Solo option for Advanced students. By Advanced students we are looking for students that have approximately 25 days of track experience, have been cleared A-Solo by NCC or another BMW CCA HPDE driving program, and have experience on the track they wish to drive solo on.
NOTE: All students wishing to drive solo, will be approved and confirmed by the Chief Instructor. If you have not been cleared for A-Solo in the past, never driven Solo with NCC or have never driven the track before, you must attend Friday’s training day (the Friday before the HPDE) and be evaluated by our instructors. Following this evaluation, you will be cleared to drive Solo during the Saturday and Sunday HPDE. If you still have questions, please contact the NCC HPDE Registrar.
During the HPDE, social distancing will be the standard and masks will be expected to be used when distancing is not possible.
We plan to provide in-car instruction during this HPDE. If you are not comfortable with in-car instruction, contact the NCC HPDE Registrar prior to registration.
You can view the BMW CCA National policy by clicking this link: BMW National Covid Policy Update 3 Jun 2021.pdf
NCC HPDE Hotel Partners:
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Winchester
142 Foxridge Ln
Winchester, VA 22603
*Mention NCC BMW to receive discounted rate of $72/night (includes complimentary breakfast!)
BOOK YOUR ROOM HERE
Hampton Inn Winchester N/Convention Center
1204 Berryville Ave
Winchester, VA 22601
*Receive the NCC discounted rate of $99/night by booking room thought the link below
BOOK YOUR ROOM HERE
New for 2022:
- HANS required for 5 or 6 point harnesses (Driver and Passenger)
- 5 or 6 point harnesses must be no more than 5 years old
- HANS date must be no more than 5 years old
- Instructor self-tech require a peer verification
- No R compound tires for novice students
A current BMW CCA membership is REQUIRED to participate in our HPDEs. New BMW CCA members will receive one $25 discount on HPDE registration, join today! https://cdn.bmwcca.org/static/join/index.html. Please note: Any person living in a current BMW CCA Member's household may be added as a BMW CCA Associate Member for only $10 per year by calling BMW CCA at 1-800-878-9292.
Due to strong demand for space in National Capital Chapter (NCC) HPDEs, we are sometimes unable to accommodate all the students who apply. For HPDEs where applications exceed our school capacity, we will admit students as outlined below.
Applicants that exceed our HPDE capacity or instructor load will be waitlisted. Students who sign up for a single day will be placed on the waitlist until it is confirmed that we have enough instructors for students signing up for multiple days.
- Multiple Days (Saturday and Sunday or Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Single Day Saturday
- Single Day Friday
Note: We are not offering Sunday Only registrations
Driver age requirements/credentials
- All driver participants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
- Shorts are permitted; however, long pants are highly recommended while driving on the track for all NCC HPDEs.
- Short sleeve T-shirts are permitted; however, long sleeve shirts or jackets are highly recommended. Sleeveless shirts or tank tops are not permitted.
- No open-toed shoes, sandals or flip flops are permitted while driving on the track.
- Helmets --- Note these requirements --- Must be certified to Snell M- or SA-standards, 2015 or later. Full-face helmets with SA-2015 or later certifications are strongly recommended. The Snell Memorial Foundation’s certification will be found on a sticker inside the helmet.
- Eye protection is strongly encouraged. Either wearing the visor in the closed position or wearing of sun-glasses or other protective lenses.
- All cars (including A-Solo drivers) must have passenger seats and equal restraint systems for both passenger and driver (e.g., if the driver has a five-point harness, the passenger must have a five-point harness as well.) Use of five or six-point harness also requires use of HANS device.
- Trucks, vans and motorcycles are NOT permitted!
- All cars must be quiet enough to allow for in-car communication.
- Summit Point Motorsports Park has a maximum allowable decibel of 103 for HPDE and non-race programs. At the very least, your HPDE registered vehicle must be quiet enough to allow appropriate in car, on-track, communication between instructor and student and must also not interfere with communication between other instructors/students on track. If you're not certain if your car is acceptable, test the decibels or contact us.
- All convertibles, T-tops, targa-tops, or other vehicles with removable tops must run with their tops up / roof panels installed.
- All convertibles, T-tops, targa-tops, race cars, other vehicles with removable tops must be equipped with factory rollover protection (i.e., built-in structural integrity, or be fitted with an approved SCCA / NASA aftermarket roll bar or roll cage).
- Factory installed, or aftermarket roll bars and roll cages must provide 2” inch of clearance above the driver’s head with helmet on (The Height Test may be re-checked at the track. If you do NOT pass this test, you will forfeit your registration fee and not be able to run in the event). If you are unsure if your vehicle will qualify, please contact the registrar before you register.
- Drivers of T-top or targa-top vehicles must provide the manufacturer’s certification of his vehicle’s rollover protection during the registration process. (We do not have this information for all makes and models that present themselves to our events).
- Convertibles or other vehicles with removable tops requires a minimum of 5 point harness. Additionally, the rollover protection must be certified by BMW and must provide 2’’ of clearance above the driver’s (and passenger’s head) with helmets on. If the rollover protection is not certified by BMW or does not provide 2” of clearance over the driver’s head, it requires an SCCA-approved roll bar. Note: Tall drivers typically exceed the 2” requirement unless the factory seats are removed and mounted directly to the floor. The driver should do a “broomstick check” with helmet on before arriving at the track.
- If roll bars or cages are installed, they must be fully padded above the level of the front door windowsills (anyplace the driver’s/passenger’s head could come in contact with the roll cage).
- Compact SUVs, including BMW X1, X2, X3, X3M, X4 and X4M. Porsche Macan, Mercedes GLA & GLC, and Audi Q3 & Q5 are permitted in the Novice and Lower Intermediate run groups only.
- 2016 or newer vehicles equipped with active driver assisted technology (i.e., lane keeping, collision avoidance or auto braking) must have the capability to be completely deactivated. (These active driver assisted systems must be turned off for all HPDE sessions)
- Video recording equipment is permitted; however, in addition to a suction cup or other rigid mount, equipment mounted inside the car must be tethered by a lanyard (i.e. a second means of securing the equipment should the primary mount fail). External mounting is permitted, as long as the location does not obstruct the driver’s or instructor’s view: cannot come in contact with another vehicle on the track (i.e. on the sides, front or back of your car), or bounce off of the pavement should the suction cups fail (i.e. down low).
- The Chief Instructor has the final determination on the safety of all vehicles prior to admittance on track! If you are uncertain, please contact us prior to registration to confirm.
- Cars must be inspected within 4 weeks of every HPDE by a qualified service facility. A properly completed tech inspection form (supplied) must be presented at the track. It is your responsibility to ensure that your car is safe and road-worthy. If you are bringing a race car, or car not currently inspected for road use, you must present proper race car safety and certification material (i.e., annual race inspection).
- Grid inspections will be performed at the track on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning prior to registration. (Your tech and grid inspection are required to complete registration).
- All students and instructors are required to complete and turn in at registration a medical form with emergency contact information that can be used by event organizers to make any necessary notifications in the unlikely event of an on-track incident or injury. The forms are kept strictly confidential and are destroyed (or returned to the student upon request) following every event.
ATTENTION BMW E36 CAR OWNERS: The original radiator must have been replaced in ANY E36 BMW that drives in our schools. This is a safety issue and not negotiable. Download and read the Tech Inspection form on the NCC website (nccbmwcca.org) for the rules concerning your car. It is your responsibility to understand these rules prior to registration. If you wait too late and cannot meet the radiator requirement before the school, you run the risk of forfeiting part or all of your registration fee based on the Refund Policy noted below.
Prior approval is required for students intending to share cars and for changes in car type after registration!
Student and instructor schedules are finalized approximately fifteen days prior to the event. Our HPDE costs are fixed and based on financial obligations we enter into once you register, and we accept you into the event. Tuition is priced as low as possible based upon your acceptance and attendance.
If you cancel your registration two weeks before the Friday of the relative event, you'll not be charged for your registration. If you cancel your registration between 14 and 7 days before the relative event, you'll receive a 50% refund of your payment. If you cancel your registration within 7 days of the relative event, also known as the 'Freeze' date, you'll receive no refund.
Registrations canceled after 5pm on the Freeze Date, will receive no refund. Cancellation is the responsibility of the registrant and can be executed through MSReg. Notification to the Registrar may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you fail to attend the HPDE without notifying the Registrar prior to 5:00 p.m. the Friday before the event, you will forfeit your entire tuition for that weekend.
If you damage your car or your car breaks for any reason and you cannot drive or continue in the school, there will be no refund provided for the remainder of the event that is missed. For example, if you run off the track and break your suspension or if your radiator breaks on Saturday morning at 9:00am and you cannot run any more laps that weekend, you will not be reimbursed for any of your event fees for that event.
The National Capital Chapter reserves the right to decline entry to any individual and to any vehicle deemed unsafe or unsuitable for track use.
There will be no exceptions made to these cancellation and refund rules. They have been developed over many years of experience operating NCC driving schools. Please do not ask us to make an exception to your 'unique' situation. Thank you for helping us run a safe and financially successful HPDE program.
Summit Point Motorsports Park Rules and Regulations
You are responsible for following all Summit Point Motorsports Park rules and regulations. You can view them by clicking: Park-Rules-and-Regulations.pdf