About this event
Saturday July 24th & Sunday July 25th at Putnam Park Road Course
It’s been a year since MOTORVAULT opened its doors! As a thank you to those who have supported us along the way, we have secured Putnam Park Road Course for the weekend of July 24th & 25th! As Indiana’s only authorized Backdraft Racing Dealer, we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than to host an open track weekend for all enthusiasts to join. Participants will have a unique opportunity to drive their vehicles on track at Putnam Park Road Course. We are excited to announce our first hosted track weekend at Putnam Park Road Course!
As this is MOTORVAULT’s first track event, we are hopeful you will share the news with other like-minded enthusiasts! We hope participants will travel to join us for our first event and to entice those to make the drive, have decided to extend this invitation for only $200 per day, $375 for the weekend and garages are limited to the first 18 entries at $50 each day. Sign up as an instructor for only $150 per day!
July 24th - Open to ALL marques
July 25th - Open to ALL marques
|What:||MOTORVAULT will be hosting our Driver Education event at Putnam Park Road Course in Mount Meridian, Indiana. Saturday July 24th and Sunday July 25th open to all marques.|
Please read through all of the following information before continuing
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
- Open to ALL marques
- Any Green group (novice) owners of Backdraft or Cobra cars registering for Saturday or Sunday without two roll hoops will have an instructor performing lead follow.
Current Attendee List
Follow the link on the top right of this page. Available once registration opens.
The Technical Inspection form must be completed and signed prior to event date. It is recommended that a qualified mechanic perform the inspection. We ask that you complete this ahead of time to make registration process go quickly.
Printed copies of the following documents will be provided at the event, so printing them is not required. They are provided here for convenience.
- Tech Inspection will be performed Saturday and Sunday morning at the track
- Three (3) run groups
- Four (4) run sessions each day, 30 minutes each.
- Two (2) Classroom sessions, 45 minutes each (mandatory for less-experienced drivers).
- Instructors for all novice and less-experienced drivers or lead follow.
- Saturday & Sunday open to ALL marques.
- Lunch INCLUDED!
- Trailers and cars can NOT be dropped at the track on Friday.
- Instructors: $150 including lunch
- Driver Education (Saturday and Sunday driving): $200 each day or $375 for the weekend including lunch
- Garage rental $50 each day (18 spaces available)
- Event is rain or shine. All payments are final and non-refundable.
Additional Event Notes
- All registrations must be submitted and pre-paid through the MotorsportReg.com online system.
- Car sharing is strongly discouraged because sessions are back-to-back without the downtime to change drivers between, plus there's the possibility that both drivers might be assigned to the same run groups if skill levels are somewhat similar. Alternating sessions is disruptive to the continuity of instruction if either driver is of lesser experience.
- MOTORVAULT Invitational Driver's Education is not a race or timed event of any kind. This is an instructional activity with the purpose of developing high-performance car-handling skills.
- MOTORVAULT Invitational Driver's Education is not a racing school and should not be considered as such.
- Safety of all participants and personnel is closely monitored at all times. There is no place for unsafe/reckless behavior, and we will not hesitate to exclude drivers from participation should we determine in our sole discretion that such action is appropriate.
- Some suggested items to bring are: chairs of some sort, cooler with water or drinks (bottled water will also be provided), snacks, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, umbrella, tire pressure gauge, large plastic bag to protect your gear, glass cleaner, rags or paper towels, video or still camera, notepad and pen, quart of oil, friends or family.
Please read through all of the following information
- You must have your car number applied to both the driver and passenger doors. The numbers must be of a contrasting color to your car, 1 to 3 digits, minimum 6" tall
- Helmets - Must be Snell Certified Special Application rated. 2020 certification delayed due to Covid and 2010 or 2015 certifications are acceptable. Non-Snell rated helmets will NOT be accepted. Snell certification sticker can be found inside your helmet. Usually under the liner, at the back or on the side – check before you arrive! Helmets will be inspected at Tech Inspection!
- Helmet inspection is for the sole purpose of determining if it displays the proper certification sticker. No guarantee of fitness of use is associated with this inspection.
- Non-participants are not permitted in either student or instructor cars. Non-participants under the age of 18 are allowed only in spectator areas. Instructors riding in student cars and students riding in instructor cars for instructional purposes are permitted. No student may ride with another student.
- Seatbelts - driver and passenger minimum 3-point (harness preferred).
- For Student drivers the passenger seat and seatbelts must be equivalent to the driver's seat / seatbelts.
- Convertibles with factory rollover protection will be permitted.
- Both driver and passenger windows must be fully down (rain or shine). Please be certain your windows are operable prior to arriving at the event.
- Tires must be in good condition, no age cracks. R-rated track tires are not recommended for novice drivers.
- Long sleeve cotton shirt, natural fiber long pants (or driving suit) are recommended.
- Closed toe shoes with leather or canvas uppers are required.
- A current and valid driver's license (must show at registration). Please check before arriving at the event.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Drivers are responsible for the preparation and safety of their cars. You must download, print and complete a Technical Inspection Form. This form must be filled out, signed, and dated prior to the event date. It is recommended that a qualified mechanic perform the technical inspection.
- All vehicles will be inspected and must pass a basic safety check at the event prior to running.
- Students should expect that their instructor may ask to drive their car for several laps at each event.
- All participants must obey all passing rules set forth in the driver's run group meeting.