About this event
Saturday July 23rd & Sunday July 24th at Putnam Park Road Course
We're excited to host our second annual event!
Why join our event?
Three (3) run groups limited to 20 vehicles each! Limited traffic!
Five (5) sessions on track! Additional session added!
FREE WATER provided by MOTORVAULT!
Cost: $325 per day or $475 for the weekend includes lunch and water
No cost for instructors (limited availability)
Garages are limited to the first 20 entries at $50 each day.
We have made a few changes to this years event and have adjusted the schedule to include five (5) 25 minute driving sessions. As our event is limited to 20 per run group, you'll have plenty of space on track! We are hopeful you will share the event with other like-minded enthusiasts! Not only will you have additional run time, plenty of space on track, but you'll also receive lunch and water at no cost.
As Indiana’s only authorized Backdraft Racing and Futura Trailers Dealer, we are excited host an open track weekend for our customers, friends and enthusiasts!
July 23rd - Open to ALL marques
July 24th - Open to ALL marques
|What:||MOTORVAULT will be hosting our Driver Education event at Putnam Park Road Course in Mount Meridian, Indiana. Saturday July 23rd and Sunday July 24th open to all marques.|
Please read through all of the following information before continuing
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
- Open to ALL marques
- Any Green group (novice) owners of Backdraft or Cobra cars registering for Saturday or Sunday without two roll hoops will have an instructor performing lead follow.
Current Attendee List
Follow the link on the top right of this page. Available once registration opens.
The Technical Inspection form must be completed and signed prior to event date. It is recommended that a qualified mechanic perform the inspection. We ask that you complete this ahead of time to make registration process go quickly.
Printed copies of the following documents will be provided at the event, so printing them is not required. They are provided here for convenience.
- Tech Inspection checks will be performed Saturday and Sunday morning at the track (all vehicles)
- Three (3) run groups
- Five (5) run sessions each day
- Novice/Green group - two (2) Classroom sessions, 45 minutes each (mandatory for less-experienced drivers).
- Instructors for all novice and less-experienced drivers in car or lead follow.
- Saturday & Sunday open to ALL marques.
- Lunch INCLUDED!
- Water INCLUDED!
- Trailers and cars not permitted be dropped at the track on Friday, but can stay overnight Saturday and inside garages if garage space paid for.
- Instructors: $0 (limited availability)
- Driver Education (Saturday and Sunday driving): $325 each day or $475 for the weekend including lunch & water
- Garage rental $50 each day (18 spaces available)
- Event is rain or shine. All payments are final and non-refundable.
Additional Event Notes
- All registrations must be submitted and pre-paid through the MotorsportReg.com online system.
- Car sharing is strongly discouraged because sessions are back-to-back without the downtime to change drivers between, plus there's the possibility that both drivers might be assigned to the same run groups if skill levels are somewhat similar. Alternating sessions is disruptive to the continuity of instruction if either driver is of lesser experience.
- MOTORVAULT Invitational Driver's Education is not a race or timed event of any kind. This is an instructional activity with the purpose of developing high-performance car-handling skills.
- MOTORVAULT Invitational Driver's Education is not a racing school and should not be considered as such.
- Safety of all participants and personnel is closely monitored at all times. There is no place for unsafe/reckless behavior, and we will not hesitate to exclude drivers from participation should we determine in our sole discretion that such action is appropriate.
- Some suggested items to bring are: chairs of some sort, cooler with water or drinks (bottled water provided), snacks, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, umbrella, tire pressure gauge, large plastic bag to protect your gear, glass cleaner, rags or paper towels, video or still camera, notepad and pen, quart of oil, friends or family.
Please read through all of the following information
- You must have your car number applied to both the driver and passenger doors. The numbers must be of a contrasting color to your car, 1 to 3 digits, minimum 6" tall
- Helmets - Must be Snell Certified Special Application rated. 2020 certification delayed due to Covid and 2010 or 2015 certifications are acceptable. Non-Snell rated helmets will NOT be accepted. Snell certification sticker can be found inside your helmet. Usually under the liner, at the back or on the side – check before you arrive! Helmets will be inspected at Tech Inspection!
- Helmet inspection is for the sole purpose of determining if it displays the proper certification sticker. No guarantee of fitness of use is associated with this inspection.
- Non-participants are not permitted in either student or instructor cars. Non-participants under the age of 18 are allowed only in spectator areas. Instructors riding in student cars and students riding in instructor cars for instructional purposes are permitted. No student may ride with another student.
- Seatbelts - driver and passenger minimum 3-point (harness preferred).
- For Student drivers the passenger seat and seatbelts must be equivalent to the driver's seat / seatbelts.
- Convertibles with factory rollover protection will be permitted.
- Both driver and passenger windows must be fully down (rain or shine). Please be certain your windows are operable prior to arriving at the event.
- Tires must be in good condition, no age cracks. R-rated track tires are not recommended for novice drivers.
- Long sleeve cotton shirt, natural fiber long pants (or driving suit) are recommended.
- Closed toe shoes with leather or canvas uppers are required.
- A current and valid driver's license (must show at registration). Please check before arriving at the event.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Drivers are responsible for the preparation and safety of their cars. You must download, print and complete a Technical Inspection Form. This form must be filled out, signed, and dated prior to the event date. It is recommended that a qualified mechanic perform the technical inspection.
- All vehicles will be inspected and must pass a basic safety check at the event prior to running.
- Students should expect that their instructor may ask to drive their car for several laps at each event.
- All participants must obey all passing rules set forth in the driver's run group meeting.