About this event
Minnesota Valley Winter Rally is a Regularity Rally run in the Minnesota Valley near Henderson and Le Sueur. The course traverses the Valleys along the Minnesota river taking advantage of the elevation changes and natural twisty roads in the valleys.
No special equipment is needed other than a smart phone with built in GPS. A free app is available from your favorite app store. The app not only provides the timing but also provides a digital roadbook similar to the one used at Dakar in 2021. The app also does all calculations for you so that you always know if you are on time.
For those without a smartphone or their own navigation systems we have SmartControl devices to do the timing.
The rally starts and ends in Henderson, MN. (Google it)
Date: Jan 30, 2021
In-person sign-in starts at 3:30PM
Time: First car out at 4PM
Length: 3 hours, 102 miles
It is recommended that you have Winter rated tires. Most all season tires are not. We suggest you also bring standard winter travel items such as a blanket, boots, warm weather gear, etc in case you go off the road.
Digital Roadbook Copy this link and open it with your smartphone. Opening on your laptop does nothing.
Roadbook PDF Download and Print this if you want a printed Roadbook
COVID Restrictions. Our assumption is that the RoadHaus will be open for indoor seating. If so, please adhere to whatever restrictions are in place. I addition:
- Wear a mask in any enclosed or gathering area.
- It’s up to you how you deal with in-car masking.
- Don’t come if you have any symptoms
- There will be no awards ceremony.
- All registration will occur online except waiver. (we are looking into online waiver)
- Scoring is done online
- Waiver witness and distribution of SmartControl devices will be done outdoors weather permitting.
- No Handouts. Documents will be distributed as pdf files for contestants to print prior to start.
- Zoom will be used for meetings.
You are responsible for insuring the following are in order:
Headlights (high and low beams) and parking lights
Taillights and brake lights
Horn, windshield wipers and directional signals
Foot brakes and parking brake
Tires (inspect for condition of sidewalls as well as tread)
Seat belts, securely installed for the driver and navigator
Safety triangle (optional)
First Aid Kit (optional)
Tow Rope (optional)
Fire Extinguisher (optional)