About this event
Join us for the Methow Valley Overlanding Adventure Weekend (Sept. 16 to 18th). This is the first true off-road/Overland Tour event in PNWR!
Join fellow Porsche enthusiasts and adventurers in the beautiful Methow Valley in North-Central Washington for a weekend of exploring the valley and mountains in your Porsche SUV or lifted Porsche (Safari) sports car. We will be driving primarily on gravel/dirt roads and forest service roads during our excursions in the local area. Roads will not be technical or abusive to your vehicle, but you will encounter dirt, dust, and rocks. Roads and trails are well within the capabilities of any stock Porsche SUV. You just need to be willing to get your rig a little dirty. We will be spending Friday and Saturday nights at Rolling Huts in a natural, park-like setting along the Methow River
Rolling Huts: 18381 State Rte. 20, Winthrop, WA 98862
We have blocked 6 of the Rolling Huts and 6 of the canvas Safari Tents for the weekend. Please see complete details of accommodations and amenities at the Rolling Huts website to ensure a comfortable weekend.
NOTE: Please contact Rolling Huts to book your reservation. Rolling Hut reservations are $330 for two nights and the Safari Tents are $150 for two nights. To ensure lodging at our basecamp you must book prior to July 1st. As of July 1st, any rooms not reserved will be released to the general public.
What to Expect:
Expect to have a fun and relaxing camping-style weekend. Plan on a scenic group drive over the North Cascades Highway on Friday (or join us Friday evening at the Rolling Huts base camp). On Saturday and Sunday plan to travel some great forest service roads during the day. There will be plenty of time for sitting around the base camp swapping stories, campfires, picnicking, hiking and whatever else floats your boat. More specific details and schedule will be made available as we get closer.
There is a restaurant on site as well as a community grilling area. Additionally, there are other dining options, grocery store, and additional services available nearby in the town of Winthrop.
Additional details and itineraries will be provided as we get closer to the actual date of the event.
What to Bring:
� Sleeping Bag and/or Blankets
� Pillows (provided in rolling huts)
� Towels & Wash Clothes (provided in rolling huts)
� Warm sleeping clothes
� Basic camping supplies: Flashlight, Cooler, Ice, bug spray, sun lotion, sunglasses, binoculars, cooler, snacks/picnic food, etc.
� If you plan to cook/eat, on-site consider bringing basic cookware, plates, cups, and utensils (some basics are provided in the Huts)
Registration Opens: 4/11/2022
Closes: 9/1/2022 (To guarantee lodging at host facility lodging must be reserved prior to 7/1/2022 as blocked rooms will be released to the general public after that date).
- Cancelations: Cancelations must be made before July 7th at Rolling Huts...For the tour itself, cancel before Sept 1st.
- Car club membership: To participate you must be a member of the PCA and should also be a member of PNWR. Porsche owners who are not members may register and receive a special invitation on a case-by-case basis.
- Non-Porsches on the Tour: Non-Porsches are not allowed on this tour. This is intended to be a Porsche SUV event..
For Adult participants and attendees: As stated in the tour information, all waivers MUST be signed at the staging area prior to tour departure. Minors under 18 years of age, must have their parent/guardian sign the "Minors as Observers Only Form".
- Age and driver's license restrictions: All drivers must be at least 18 years old and in possession of a valid US driver's license at the time of the Tour. A driving permit is not acceptable.
- Registering for Passengers: Please make sure to include the names of any passengers riding with you in the space provided during registration. If you have two cars on the tour each car and driver should register with a separate MotorsportReg account.
- Additional information: See our club website http://www.pnwr.org/ under "Let's Get together--Tours"