About this event
This is our final 2021-2022 Winter Tour. Due to the large number of participants for the previous two tours, we are considering having two sessions if there’s enough interest and if there’s enough group Leads and Sweeps available. Please pick one of two dates as your preference with the understanding that we’ll do our best to accommodate you based on available event staff. Thank you for your interest in the Winter Tours series.
Greg Halverson, PNWR Tour Chair
Join us for the “March Miles” tour – our fifth and final 2021-2022 "winter" tour. Designed for Members who drive your Porsches year 'round! This tour will feature great food, interesting activities, and scenic small-road driving. We'll start in North Bend just minutes from massive Mt Si with plenty of available parking, breakfast, coffee, and brunch tacos. Come early and enjoy! We’ll be rural almost as soon as we leave the parking lot, finding skinny fun roads less travelled heading north. We’ll spend a few minutes in Duvall for coffee and a spring walk to the banks of the Snoqualmie River. Then more north into the hills and dales about Monroe, Sultan and Gold Bar. Our route has an abundance of curvy roads, rushing rivers, farmlands, and quiet rural neighborhoods – all wonderful NW spring scenery. We’ll wander west crossing over I-5 – that’s as close as you’ll get to a four-lane road – and onward though Stanwood and onto Camano Island. Over the river and through the woods aptly describes this peaceful island gem, and we’ll make a full circuit. Rest stops are several state parks and beaches including one of my favorites: Cama Beach State Park and the Cama Beach Café. Great coffee and fresh baked goodies and local quilts on display! Our final destination is Stanwood for a late lunch. A great early spring tour with fun roads and great views! Prefer not to drive your Porsche? That's OK for these winter tours!
There are at least four options for lunch in Stanwood. There is no need to select a restaurant in advance, but you can review each at the links below. Note that they all offer takeout service if you prefer not to eat indoors.
- Johnny’s Pasta and Pizza =Jimmy’s Pizza & Pasta in Stanwood, Wa (jimmyspizzastanwood.com)
- Taqueria Mi Cocina = Home - Taqueria Mi Cocina (taqueriamicocinawa.com)
- Mammoth Burger Company = Home - Mammoth Burger Co.
- Cancelations and refunds: Cancelations must be made before March 22nd..
- Car club membership: To participate you should be a member of the PCA and PNWR. Porsche owners who are not members may register and receive a special invitation on a case-by-case basis.
- Non-Porsches on the Tour: Non-Porsches ARE allowed on this tour due to the fact it's winter and you may not like to drive your Porsche in cold or inclement weather. As we get into the spring months, we will return to "Porsches Only".
For Adult participants and attendees: The waiver of liability release form must be signed at the tour start point prior to departing on the tour. Minors have a separate waiver form (Minors as Observers Only) that must be signed by a parent or guardian at the tour start point and be witnessed by the person collecting signatures. Waiver(s) may be viewed in advance on www.pca.org-->Forms and Documents-->Event Management-->Waivers. You must be signed in to the website to access the forms.
- Age and driver's license restrictions: All drivers must be at least 18 years old and in possession of a valid US driver's license at the time of the Tour. A driving permit is not acceptable.
- Registering for Passengers: Please make sure to include the names of any passengers riding with you in the space provided during registration. If you are participating with a minor (less than 18 year's old), make sure you include that fact during registration! If you have two cars on the tour each car and driver should register with a separate Motorsportreg account.
- Additional information: See our club website http://www.pnwr.org/ under "Let's Get together--Tours"