About this event
License School, Hosted by NASCC - May 14th, 2022
This event is subject to Alberta Government Orders and AHS Guidelines allowing Rad Torque Raceway to be open.
Credit Cards will not be charged until a few days before the event.
There will be no on-site registration and all entries will be online using MotorsportReg. Please familiarize yourself with all NASCC Covid-19 rules and guidelines as outlined in the NASCC Covid Action Plan.
- There will NOT be a run group for TestnTune.
- There are now three separate run groups for License Students.
- Entry for License Students is by individual and includes Zoom classroom sessions on Thursday evening starting at 6:20 pm. Those wishing to qualify for a WCMA Race License must attend all classroom sessions, take the test and be recommended by an instructor for a license. Students will be assigned an Instructor, and there will be limited in car instruction.
- Team Entry for the 8 hour Endurance Race on Sunday is $750 and $300 for 3 hour Ironman. Maximum of 6 drivers per Team for 8 hour race and 3 drivers per Team for 3 hour race.
- If one of your drivers for Sunday's 3 or 8 hour race is a student from the License School your team qualifies for a $80 discount.
- Schedule for the day will be posted at http://nascc.ab.ca/ close to the event, but the schedule posted for 2021 will be followed fairly closely.
License School Car & Driver Requirements:
- Student must hold a valid drivers license
- Student must supply their own helmet, Snell SA 2005, Snell SA 2010 or 2015, or type M (motorcycle)
- Student must supply their own car.
- Minors must have both parents sign a “minor waiver” in advance and bring to registration
- Car must be properly maintained and safe
- Car must be emptied of all loose items in cabin and trunk
- Convertibles & Cabriolets with factory installed roll over protection are not allowed, an aftermarket 4 point roll bar is required.
- Pickup trucks will not be accepted
- High performance SUV’s with low center of gravity like BMW, Porsche and Jaguar will be accepted, please check with registrar
- A race car is not required to take the school. Besides the Helmet there are no other special requirements unless the car has a full roll cage.
TestnTune Car & Driver Requirements:
- Snell SA 2010 or newer helmets required, along with a HANS device or FIA approved equivalent for Cars with cages.
- For Caged Race Cars: Race Suits, gloves, shoes must be of approved, fire retardant materials; suits must be SFI3-2A/3 worn with fire retardant underwear, or SFI3-2A/5, or FIA homologated multi-layer. No clothing should be made in whole or part of Nylon.