About this event
Laguna Seca Time Trials & Races
AROSC Racing, Time Trials, HPDE
Wednesday, Dec 30 — Thursday, Dec 31, 2020
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Salinas, CA
Laguna Seca, only $530 for 2 days of racing action!
Single day entries now available. $295 for one day!
All makes and models welcome!
This is a 92 dB sound level event.
Join us at Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway for a great driving experience. Laguna Seca is a hard track to get, so don't miss this opportunity. We have lots of run groups, including Time Trial/Time Attack, and wheel-to-wheel racing. You will get about 2 hours of track time each day. Laguna Seca is the premier race track on the west coast, located in beautiful Monterey, and features the world famous "Corkscrew". Run groups will be limited to 35 cars maximum, and we will likely sell out some run groups!
We will adhere to all State and Local Government Covid-19 Protocols.
Our run groups:
- Time Trial Groups: Your chance to achieve your best lap times at Laguna Seca. Controlled passing in specific sections of the track, or with a point-by. Based on your experience and car, we will assign you to the proper run group.
- "Alfa Only" Time Trial Group: Bring your Alfa out to join the fun of running in sessions comprised of all Alfa Romeos. Nothing is more fun than running the track with cars of similar performance!
- Race: Wheel to wheel racing action. Experienced drivers only! If your car is OK to race with VARA or other sanctioned race series, then it is OK to race with AROSC.
- Lunchtime "Track Intro" Group: Great deal for buddies and significant others! No special safety equipment required. Only $50 for about 30 minutes of lunchtime track driving fun! Includes pre-track classroom session. Snell 2010 or better helmet required. We can usually provide a loaner helmet for you! Please note that the Intro Group is only on WEDNESDAY. There is no Intro Group on Thursday.
NOTE: AROSC always has a Fire & Rescue team at our events. If and when you need them, every second counts!
Laguna Seca Policy Regarding Incident Damage to Track
Facility Incidents: all participants will be responsible for any fees charged by WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca that arise as a result of any incidents, including damage to track facilities/barriers, fluid cleanup, or other.
Laurel Inn Motel
801 West Laurel Dr.
Salinas, CA 93906
The Club has blocked off 30 rooms at the Laurel Inn Motel. The rate per night is about $89.99 plus tax single or double. This is high season for this area, so make your reservation early, don’t wait. To make reservations call 831-449-2474 and tell them you are with the Alfa Romeo Club, confirmation number TBD. The block will be held until December 1, 2020 or until the block is filled. Continental breakfast is included. Refrigerators and coffee makers in all rooms.
You can find more Alfa Club details at: http://www.alfaclubracing.com
Questions contact Don Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org
AROSC, the Alfa Club - Taking it to the track since 1972!
Quick summary of required safety equipment:
Required Safety Equipment:
All Time Trial & HPDE cars require:
- Factory seat belt in good working order.
- Snell 2010 or better helmet.
- Gloves - Leather or Nomex. No holes or synthetic materials.
- Natural fiber clothing extending from neck to wrist & ankles.
- Convertibles: Must have Roll bars extending 2” above top of helmet. “Factory” or “street” bars acceptable for Tme Trial groups only.
Additional safety equipment requirements, Intermediate/Point-by Time Trial cars:
- Five point harness if car is 1999 or older, or heavily modified.
Additional safety equipment requirements, Advanced/Open Passing Time Trial and Race cars:
- Five point harness.
- Fire extinguisher
- Nomex driving suit (Race only)
- Full cage (6 pt min) (Race only)
- Head/neck restraint system (HANS, etc) (Race only)
- Arm Restraints, open cars (Race only)
Please refer to the AROSC Self Tech form for complete tech & safety information.