About this event
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL BRANDS OF CARS
- This is a 92dB event.
- We are running 3 run groups and each group will get seven 20-minute sessions. That's 2 hours and 20minutes of tracktime for only $380.
- $50 discount if this will be your first track event with the GGLC
- Cancelations with full refund are allowed before October 11th.
- All brands of cars are welcome.
- Novice and Intermediate groups will have open passing on the long straights and pointbys required on the short straights and in turns.
- Advanced group will be open passing everywhere except the corkscrew.
- Open wheel cars are allowed in the Advanced Group only.
- Beginner drivers (zero track days previous experience) are allowed and will be required to have a GGLC approved coach in the passenger seat. Space is highly limited.
The Golden Gate Lotus Club has been running open track events for over 20 years. We are a non-profit group and our goal is to provide low-hassle open track days for minimum cost with maximum track time.
All brands of cars are welcome at our events. Typical events are about 20% Lotus and 80% other cars. Lemons-type race cars are allowed if they are in excellent mechanical condition (Lemons cars will receive a special safety inspection at the track). Open top cars must have a roll bar with rear braces or factory installed roll-over protection (pop-up bars or similar). Open wheel race cars are allowed in the Advanced Group only. Roll bars in open cars must pass the broomstick test. (top of drivers helmet must not be above the top off the roll bar and windscreen.
Helmets must be rated SA2015 or later. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Eye protection is required for open cars. Head and neck restraint systems are STRONGLY recommended for all drivers and passengers. If you are using a 4, 5, or 6 point harness then a head and neck restraint system is required.
This event will run rain or shine.
You are solely responsible for the safety of your car. We may choose to inspect cars for safety at any time and for any reason. Lemon's type cars and cars with damaged bodywork will receive a special safety inspection at the track. Any size water, brake fluid, or fuel leaks will disqualify you. Minor oil leaks are typically acceptable.
You are responsible for any damage you cause to the track or facilities. Any extra charges from the track for cleanup, fire, damage, etc may be charged back to you and we will decide this on a case-by-case basis.
Your helmet must be rated Snell SA 2015 or later. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed.
All cars must have numbers on both sides of the cars for Identification. Pick any number. Digits must be 6” tall minimum.