About this event
For our third rallycross of the 2024 season, we are taking it down to Albany, OR! Just an hour south of Portland, this venue is great for our Oregon and NorCal friends. Each year is a little bit different but you can count on a dirt/clay surface and some elevation change.
This is a single day event, with all classes racing on the same day (no fun runs).
Spectators Welcome! Join us to see competitors with all different types of cars and skills compete on the same track. Albany Motocross Park has grandstands with a great view of the course so you won’t miss a thing. Entry is $10 at the gate, cash only.
Fine Print & Administrative Things
Cost: $130 per driver
Number of Entries: Each day is limited to 95 entries.
Car/Safety Requirements: All cars must meet safety requirements and pass technical inspection on race day. Check out the full Rallycross Rules for more info.
Registration Opens: Tuesday, March 19th at 7pm
Registration Closes: Friday, May 31st at 11:59pm
Payments: Payments will be processed on Saturday, June 1st after registration closes.
Cancellations/Modifications: No cancellations or modifications will be permitted after registration closes.
8:00am: Gates open
8:30am-10:00am: Tech inspection, check in, course walking
10-10:30am: Driver meeting (required for all drivers)
10:30am-1:30pm: Morning run group
2:30-5:30pm: Afternoon run group
Lodging: Camping onsite will be permitted ($10/adult, paid at the gate). This venue is less than 10 minutes from hotels, restaurants and stores. The city of Albany is 3 miles south of the venue and there you will find everything you need.
Gate fee: Albany MX charges a $10 gate fee to all entrants (cash only).
Thank you for signing up for the Labor Day Dirtcross! Please take a moment to review the rallycross rules which include the vehicle classifications, competition and conduct requirements.
A rallycross is a motorsports event where vehicles race on a course delineated by cones on generally unpaved, mostly flat surfaces. Elapsed time is tracked by the organizer with time-based penalties assessed for actions such as missed cones and driving off-course. Scoring is the accumulation of timed runs plus penalties where the lowest time wins. One car is released at a time with course workers monitoring cones and penalties.
Rallycross events are structured as a run-work format where competitors race during their class session and work the course when another class races.
Conduct of Competitors
Each competitor must:
- Practice good sportsmanship at all times.
- Register for and compete in the appropriate class for their vehicle. It is the driver’s responsibility to know the correct class based on the rules and vehicle classifications set forth in the Rallycross Rules.
- Be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others.
- Know, understand and follow all rules as stated herein, in competitor communications and required driver meetings.
- Treat all officials, volunteers, spectators, the public and other competitors with respect and courtesy.
- Obey all laws and local ordinances, most importantly as they pertain to traffic laws.
- Not dispose of trash anywhere on site except for designated garbage receptacles.
- Follow the prescribed course. It is the competitor’s responsibility to know the course in order to keep other competitors, course workers and spectators safe. Competitors will be given the opportunity to walk and drive the course prior to competition.
- Fully perform their work assignment as instructed.
Failure to comply with the conduct requirements may result in disqualification and/or suspension.
To be eligible for Rallycross competition, a driver must:
- Not be disqualified from event or suspended from competition.
- Be, at minimum, 15 years old and meet one of the following criteria:
- Possess a valid (not expired or suspended) drivers license in their state of residence, or
- Possess a valid instruction permit and be accompanied by a parent/guardian that has been a licensed driver for at least five years.
You must register with a unique number - no duplicate numbers will be permitted.
Vehicles must have their number and class on the side of the vehicle. The minimum size for the numbers is 6 inches tall with a 1 inch stroke. Class letters may be of any size as long as they can be seen from a reasonable distance away. All number/class decals must be in a contrasting color to the vehicle body. If you have any questions or concerns about your number or class, bring a package of letter/numbers and apply them at the event.
Before 11:59PM, 5/31/2024: Cancellations permitted, no payment will be charged.
After 12:00AM, 6/1/2024: No cancellations or registration modifications after registration closes. No refunds will be given.
Registration is non-transferrable.