About this event
The focus is on improving your driving skills through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience is required. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This school is a special program designed by the Performance Center staff specifically for the National Capital chapter. It will be similar to previous ///M Club Day events, which have included instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, car-control skills, weight-transfer, oversteer/understeer and improved vision. The day is divided into morning and afternoon sessions which mix skill exercises and competitive events, including skid pad wet/dry courses, braking and handling practice, autocross and more.
We will be driving current model BMW ///M Cars for this event. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session contents and the cars available may vary from one school to the next.
Our event hotel is the Greenville Marriott. The special BMW rate includes the breakfast buffet for up to two people plus Internet service. Register at:www.marriott.com/GSPAP and enter BMW as the Corporate code. The Marriott has a great lobby bar for getting together after the driving and dinner events. Remember, no food service is available for breakfast Saturday morning at the Performance Center.
Friday July 18, 2014
- 5:45 AM - Meet and sign-in at the Manassas Cracker Barrel, just off I-66W
- 6:00 AM - NoVa Convoy leaves for Greer, SC
- 2:45 PM - Visit to the Zentrum and factory tour (if the factory is open for tours.)
- 5:30 PM - Hotel Check-In
- 6:30 PM - Group Dinner @ Barley's in Greenville
- 8:00 AM - Meet @ Performance Center
- 8:15 AM - Drive day begins
- 5:00 PM - Drive day ends
- 6:30 PM - Group Dinner @ Blue Ridge Brewing Company in Greenville
- Drive home as a group or on-your-own.
- All drivers must be BMW CCA members or attend with a club member who pays for the event. In other words, the payment for all school attendees must come from a club member. More information is available by contacting the event coordinator.
- NCC and Green Mountain chapter members have first acceptance priority, then BMW CCA members from other chapters.
- The NCC and the Green Mountain event coordinators accept applicants into this school independently (16 NCC and 16 GM) through the MotorsportReg.com registration site.
- Contact BMW CCA Headquarters to become a member of the NCC and/or Green Mountain chapters for priority acceptance.
- Acceptance into this event will be made on or about March 31st, 2014 by the event coordinators.
- Registration on this site does not constitute acceptance into this event. It places you in the queue.
- All drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license.
- The cost of $660.00 includes driving Performance Center cars, tires, gas, instructors and lunch on Saturday at the Performance Center.
- Travel expenses, meals and lodging costs are the responsibility of the attendees and not included in the $660 event registration fee.
- You do not have to own a BMW or M-car to attend this event. (However, be prepared to purchase one when you return home after the event.)
- Factory tours will be available at the discretion and schedule of the factory.
- Completely enclosed shoes are required for the factory tour - No Exceptions
From the Washington, DC, Beltway (I-495)
- Take I-495 to I-66 west.
- Exit at 47B (north 234).
- Turn right at traffic light onto Battleview Parkway to the Cracker Barrel.
- Take I-95 south to I-495 west.
- Follow the directions above.
We anticipate, based on past experience, that this school will fill rapidly. The cost of the school is $660.00 per driver. Registration will open on Wednesday, January 15th and close on April 30th or when the event is full.
For this event, the National Capital chapter will have 32 slots. Completed applications will be accepted first-come, first-served, based on the registration date. Applications will be considered complete upon receipt of both the registration and full payment by credit card or eCheck. Your payment reserves your spot!
Each driver must pay the $660.00 fee to participate. Non-driving guests are welcome for factory tour (if available), social / dinner events and to accompany the instructors at the track. Non-drivers may not ride in the cars on track with participants.
Based on high demand and past experience, you should act early to reserve your spot in this event.
NOTE: Registering on this site does not mean that you are automatically accepted into this event. If accepted, confirmation information and instructions will be sent to your MotorsportReg.com email address on or about April 30th, 2014. Do not make final, non-refundable travel arrangements to this event until you are accepted in writing by the event coordinator. Neither the National Capital or the BMW CCA, will reimburse or be responsible for any travel-related expenses incurred by participants to this event.
You may check your registration / acceptance / wait list status in your MotorsportReg.com account.