About this event
AUTOCROSS EVENT PRICING:
|Pre-registered SCCA member:||$45|
This Event will be capped at 90 entries.
If you need to cancel for any reason, certainly to include COVID-19 symptoms, cancellations made via MSR will receive a full refund.
Event operation changes that will be in effect:
- LOANER HELMETS WILL BE FOR NEEDING DRIVERS ONLY
- MINIMAL SPECTATORS, REGISTERED DRIVERS (AND GUESTS WITH THEM) WILL BE THE ONLY PEOPLE ALLOWED ONSITE
- PLEASE DO NOT BRING MINORS.
- ALL DRIVERS WILL BE EXPECTED TO PRACTICE COVID-19 SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT POSSIBLE
- DRIVERS SHOULD BRING THEIR OWN COVID-19 PRODUCTS (HAND SANITIZER, MASKS, ETC)
- NO WATER WILL BE PROVIDED, BRING YOUR OWN FOOD/DRINK
The schedule is compressed in order to minimize down time and maximize drive time. It requires every participant to focus on:
- Getting to the site EARLY
- Checking In IMMEDIATELY - REGISTRATION (check in) CLOSES PROMPTLY AT 830AM
- Getting Tech Inspection performed
- Walking the Course
|Tech Inspection:||7:45-9:00am (roaming tech, ALL SCCA regional annual tech accepted)|
|Course open to walk:||8:30-9:00am|
|All drivers meeting:||9:00am|
|Event complete:||*normally* between 2:00 - 3:00pm|
St Marys Municipal Airport. Access via North Dandy St.
E1 course map to be posted week of Event.
Not sure what class you're in? Check out the SCCA Solo Rules :
- Determine your modification class (most cars are in Street, Street Touring, Street Prepared, or Street Modified, etc)
- Find you car make and model in Appendix A of the SCCA Solo Rules.
- Dont be overwhelmed by the Rulebook! Drop the Event Organizer a message or join our Facebook group "SCCA Jax Solo" to introduce yourself and get any questions answered quick!
Autocross is drive + work sport. All drivers will be required to work a heat and drive a heat, you must be present for both heats.
Jax Solo offers a few car classes that are unique and not defined in the SCCA Solo Rulebook:
PRO "P": offered for drivers who will complete throughout the season in multiple classes or those who have routinely won a particular class. This class will use a 'modifer' based on the cars actual class index/pax.
(STREET) TIRE "T": offered for cars who class, per the SCCA Solo Rulebook, may run R-comp (treadwear rating <200) tires but instead are running street tires (treadwear rating >=200). This class will use a 'modifier' based on the cars actual class index/pax.
NOVICE "N": this class is intended for drivers participating in one of their first 3 autocross events. Running this class will ensure that a novice gets the attention and assistance from more experienced participants. Furthermore, the class will run in the second heat after working the first heat so that the novice has seen the action before they drive the course for the first time. This class will NOT use a 'modifier' based on the cars actual class index/pax. A novice discussion will be held prior to the drivers meeting to go over the basics. Additionally, a novice course walk will be guided by a (typically) nationally competitive driver who will explain the course elements. The Novice discussion and course walk are open to any participant, not just those registered in the novice class!
DRIVERS WITH PHYSICAL IMPARMENTS:
To keep autocross affordable and available each driver has to contribute to the event by performing a work assignment. A vast majority of the work assignments are course working - standing outside the driving line and watching for cones to be displaced and replacing them. Each heat is typically 1 to 1.5 hours in duration. If you are unable to stand for atleast an hour or unable run or quickly walk short distances PLEASE MESSAGE THE ORGANIZER to request an alternate assignment. Please understand that there is a limited number of work assignments that do not require standing or being able to move quickly. Therefore, please do not request an alternate assignment unless you truly require one.