About this event
ExciteGP Round 3 - Lanier Raceplex
WHAT: ExciteGP Drift Competition and Open Track
WHERE: Lanier Raceplex (Braselton, GA)
WHEN: July17-18th, 2021 (8am-7pm)
D1 / D2 / D3 Drivers ONLY
ABOUT EXCITEGP ROUND 3:
ExciteGP is style focused grassroots competition drift series put on by iTrack Motorsports. These events are designed to give drivers maximum seat time. With open drift sessions and hot lapping qualifying, there is no shortage of driving. For ExciteGP, all cars are required to have all bodywork, painted, and complete.
ExciteGP Round 3 will kick off on Saturday September 18th at Lanier Raceplex in Braselton, GA. We are extremely excited to be back at the beautiful Lanier Raceplex oval to battle for the final time of 2021! This will be the biggest and baddest ExciteGP finals to date! We believe this track will make for extremely close battles and of course killer big entries!
The event will operate the same way most track days do. Saturday, we will run three (3) separate run groups that will alternate throughout the start of the event, starting at 11am. At 3:00pm, judges will begin making their top 16 brackets for Clubsport and Legends classes. The track will remain hot lapping during qualifiying and judges will take notes on each drivers driving to build a top 16. (No BS qualifying runs) At 5:30pm, we will take a break to do a photo shoot with all of the cars, announce top 16 for both classes, and line up and start the competition for the Legends class. Drivers will battle in a Top 16 bracket until a winner is decided. After Top 16, we will open the track again to hot lapping.
On Sunday morning, we will fix anything we need to on track and have a drivers meeting at 11am. At noon we will kick off the Clubsport Top 16 finals. Once the top 16 battles are over, the track will be open to hot lapping until 7pm when the event is over.
No driver is required to compete in the competition and not running the competition has no effect on seat time! You can just sign up and not compete!
- D1: Expert - This class is for drivers with many years of experience running tandem in competition format and have a fully developed car. Drivers in this class are capable of door-to-door tandems with all cars without issue with extremely fast cars.
- D2: Advanced - This class is for drivers with many years of experience. Drivers is this class are capable of door-to-door tandems with little to no issues.
- D3: Intermediate - This class is for drivers who are comfortable with drifting solo and are working on tandem with other drivers, but can follow comfortably. Drivers in this class are capable of linking a track without spinning and driving a set line.
ExciteGP Series Classes
- Clubsport - Clubsports class is designed for street based vehicles using the original motor available in that chassis. 300tw tire cap and low power make for close driving.
- Legends: Legends class is designed for competition based vehicles using high power motors, lightweight modifications and big sticky tires. This class is the for the fastest cars and drivers.
ExciteGP Series & Track Rules
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
ExciteGP drivers must meet the following requirements:
- Must have previous experience with drifting of D3 level or higher.
- All drivers must use a ExciteGP series banner. All drivers will also be required to display a class number on the front windshield.
- All drivers will be required to have all body work on during the competition portion of the event.
A tentative race day schedule
5:00pm Car Drop Off / Track Setup (driver camping allowed outside of paddock)
8:00am Gates Open / Track Setup
10:30am Drivers Meeting
11:00am Practice D3
11:20am Practice D2
11:40am Practice D1
12:00pm Practice D3
12:20pm Practice D2
12:40pm Practice D1
1:00pm Practice D3
1:20pm Practice D2
1:40pm Practice D1
2:00pm Practice D3
2:20pm Practice D2
2:40pm Practice D1
3:00pm Qualifying D3
3:20pm Qualifying D2
3:40pm Qualifying D1
4:00pm Qualifying D3
4:20pm Qualifying D2
4:40pm Qualifying D1
5:00pm Open Track Qualifying (All Groups)
5:30pm Photo session with all (complete) cars on track
6:00pm Top 16 announcements
6:30pm Legends Top 16 Introduction & Competition
8:00pm Open Track (All groups)
10:00pm END DAY 1
11:00am Drivers Meeting
12:00pm Clubsports Top 16 Introduction & Competition
2:00pm Open Track (All groups)