About this event
The INTERNATIONAL RACE DRIVERS CLUB
May 13, 2022:
Competition Driving School:
A unique drivers school sanctioned by the International Conference of Sports Car Clubs (ICSCC). Typically our instuctors are licensed race drivers as well as highly experienced track drivers. This is a non-competitive driver education program, organized by IRDC, and held at Pacific Raceways Kent, Washington. For any specific questions about this event, the chief driving instructor Steve Barnes, may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is limited to 20 participants. Enrollment is on a first come, first served basis. Wait listed drivers will be notified if a spot becomes availiable.
NOTE: Student Registration Closes: May 9, 2022
Following registration the Chief Instructor will contact your via email with additional information and announcements if needed.
Competition Driving School ... $325/driver
You need a valid credit card registered with MSR. Your card will not be charged till the day of the event.
Instructors are needed. You must be a licensed Senior Driver. Please sign-up by using this event.
Driver Training Information:
This driver training course not only a great introduction to performance driving but is also a gateway to competition racing with ICSCC for those drivers who are ready to advance. You will receive a high level of in-car instruction to learn the "racing line" at Pacific Raceway as well as classroom instruction that covers everything from race preparation, car control, passing protocol and advanced flag recognition. If you are thinking about competitive racing, this course is great for taking your HP Lapping skills to the next level whether or not you eventually go racing. Your instructors will all be competition-licensed race car drivers with many miles of race and track experience.
For drivers who want to pursue racing, after successful completion of this driving course, your skills and readiness for racing will be evaluated by your instructor to determine if you can be recommened to the Conference License Director for a Novice racing license. You will be given all the details about the ICSCC Novice Program and how to take that next step at the end of the day.
Requirements for Cars:
- Sound mechanical condition. No loose parts/pieces, nuts/bolts
- Fluids filled - oil, water, transmission.
- Good belts, hoses and BRAKES
- 3/32" minimum tire tread depth or race tires in good condition
- Clean inside and out, including engine compartment
- All loose items removed, including spare tire, jack, etc; Battery secured
- Open top and convertible cars MUST have a properly installed
roll bar at a minimum AND must have 5 or 6 point harness for both driver and passenger
- No after market Miata hardtops, must be factory original hardtop
- The top of the main hoop must be at least 2" above the driver's
helmet when in a normal seated position
- Factory rollover protection allowed only if "structural" and
front windshield frame (A-pillars) are also structural
- Factory "pop-up" roll-over protection is NOT acceptable and there will be no exceptions
- Glass headlights taped to prevent possible breakage.
- Two seats with working seat belts. Prefer the passenger seat harness
to be equal to driver harness
Thank you for using the MotorsportReg.com online entry system for the International Race Drivers Club. Follow these steps to create or review your account prior to entering an IRDC event for the first time. In the future entries with us will be quick and painless! You can also use this same profile to register for other events on MotorsportReg.com.
- If you do not already have one, create an account on MotorsportReg.com following these steps.
- Once logged in, click "My Account" at the top right.
- Add or review your vehicles. For street cars the crucial information is year, make and model. The rest of the vehicle detail applies only to race cars.
- Note that cars on track typically require a number identificaion. Many people starting out don't have numbers for their street cars. If you do have removable numbers bring those along and you can use those. If not we have blue painter's tape!
- Some drivers may have made arrangements for race prepped cars. Two restrictions
- No Open Wheel Cars
- The driver and passenger positions must have equal restraints.
- Review your medical information and emegency contacts to ensure they are up to date.
- Review your credit card information
- Now return to this page and enter the event and pay online.
You will receive an email confirmation of your entry automatically from the MotorsportReg.com system. If you have any questions about the event, please contact IRDC Registrar (email@example.com)
Remember to come to Registration between 7:00 am and 7:20 am with your government drivers license the morning of the event.