About this event
The new ///M Chapter is headed to the BMW Performance Center in Greer, South Carolina on April 11th for our first ///M Chapter Club Day event of 2021. The Performance Center provides current model ///M cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day at the track. Just show up ready to drive!
The focus of this event is on improving your driving skills and having fun through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience are required. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
For this event, two drivers pair up and share a car. This provides plenty of drive time for both participants and allows passangers to focus on the technical aspects of the excercises. This format provides an great mix of learning and driving. Don't worry, you will be exhausted by the end of the day.
We can also offer drivers a car to themselves for the entire day. No sharing, you will drive all day for $1,500.
This school is a special program designed by the Performance Center staff specifically for BMW CCA chapters. It includes instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, car-control skills, weight-transfer, oversteer/understeer and improving your vision. The day is divided into morning and afternoon sessions which mix skill exercises and competitive events, including skid pad wet/dry courses, braking and handling practice, autocross, lapping and more.
We will be driving current model BMW ///M Cars for this event. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session contents and the ///M cars available may vary from one school to the next.
Our event hotel is the Greenville Marriott. The special BMW rate includes the breakfast buffet for up to two people plus Internet service. Register at:www.marriott.com/GSPAP and enter BMW as the Corporate code. The Marriott has a great lobby bar for getting together after the driving and dinner events. Remember, no food service is available for breakfast Saturday morning at the Performance Center.
There will be a caravan leaving from somewhere in the Washington, DC area - location and schedule TBD. We expect people from up and down the East Coast to join, so more information to come later. Anyone wishing to help lead from their respective area, please reach out to Paul Seto, MChapter.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, April 11, 2021
- 8:00 AM - Meet @ the Performance Center
- 8:15 AM - Drive day begins
- 5:00 PM - Drive day ends
The Fine Print. Please read carefully!!!
- Slots will be first-come, first-served to all qualified BMW CCA members. Preference will be given to ///M Chapter members first, then to other chapter members.
- The event coordinators accept applicants into this school through the MotorsportReg.com registration site.
- Contact BMW CCA Headquarters to become a club member and a member of the ///M chapter.
- Acceptance into this event will be made starting on or about January 15, 2021 by the event coordinator.
- Registration on this site does not constitute acceptance into this event. It places you in the registration queue and on the wait list.
- All drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license to drive the ///M cars. Sorry, no exceptions.
- The cost of $750.00 per day per driver and includes driving Performance Center ///M cars, tires, gas, instructors and lunch at the Performance Center.
- Travel expenses, meals and lodging costs are the responsibility of the attendees and not included in the $750.00 event registration fee.
- You do not have to own a BMW or ///M-car to attend this event. (However, be prepared - you may want to purchase one when you return home!)
- This event does not include any other MX1 weekend activities. Other MX1 activities are located here: https://mx1.bmwcca.org/
We anticipate that this school will fill rapidly. The cost of the school is $750.00 per driver per day. Registration will open at 10:00 PM on Thursday, December 11th and close on March 30th or when the event is full, at the discretion of the event coordinators.
Completed registrations will be accepted first-come, first-served, based on the registration date. Applications will be considered complete upon receipt of both the registration and full payment by credit card or eCheck. Your payment reserves your spot!
Each driver must pay the $750.00 fee to participate on each day. Sorry, no one drives for free. Non-driving guests are welcome for Foundation tour, social / dinner events and to accompany the instructors at the track. Non-drivers may not ride in the cars on track with participants.
NOTE: Registering on this site does not mean that you are automatically accepted into this event. If accepted, confirmation information and instructions will be sent to your MotorsportReg.com email address starting on or about January 15th, 2021. Payments will be taken when you are entered into this school by the event coordinator.
Do not make final, non-refundable travel arrangements to this event until you are accepted, in writing, by email, from the event coordinator. The BMW CCA will not reimburse any registrant or be responsible in any way, at any time, for any reason, for any travel-related expenses incurred by participants to this event.
You are encouraged to check your registration / acceptance / wait list status in your MotorsportReg.com account.
NOTE: If you are a BMW CCA member, but are not yet a member of the ///M Chapter, please consider joining us by calling the national office at (864) 250-0022 and ask them to process your request to join the ///M chapter as a secondary chapter.