About this event
The Track Junkies group is Alberta’s premium recreational lapping day experience, with a safe and welcoming environment for people with high-value street and track cars to come out and play. Our events offer both competitive and noncompetitive high-speed lapping with coordinated (point-by) passing.
FORMAT: We use a rotating run group format. These run groups allow drivers with similar skill levels, and cars with similar expected speeds, to run together with minimal congestion. Rotating sessions will be 20 minutes in length. Participants should expect 2+ hours of scheduled track time at this event.
INSTRUCTION is available for novice drivers. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be instituting a "lead-follow" format with each student following their instructor in their respective cars. One instructor per student. The classroom will intake only ten students so that we can keep every person appropriately distanced from one another while receiving classroom content.
TIME ATTACK: We are offering one competitive Time Attack run group at each event, with AMB timing transponders available for rent. Participants electing to run in a timed run group can accumulate points throughout the season and qualify for prizes and trophies at the end of the season.
SCHEDULE: This is a DAYTIME event.
- Gates to the paddock open at 7:30 AM
- Mandatory drivers meeting at 8:30 AM for newcomers and novices/students only. Online "virtual" driver's meeting will be emailed to return participants and regulars.
- Track hot from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM.
- No lunch or liquid refreshments provided to attendees at this time. You must bring your own liquid refreshments.
RATES for this event:
- Fee per driver: $295+GST
- Instruction for novice drivers: add $100+GST
- Helmet: We cannot rent our loaner helmets at this time due to COVID-19.
- AMB transponder rental: add $25+GST
(required for timed competitive lapping)
- VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- SAFE, TRACK-WORTHY VEHICLE INSPECTED IN ADVANCE OF THE EVENT. Please note the following:
- Trucks, SUV's, SAV's and other high center of gravity vehicles are NOT permitted.
- Convertibles, cabriolets, and open-top cars must have structural rollover protection ... if you do not know what this means, please contact us BEFORE registering. A list of convertibles with acceptable factory-provided roll bar protection can be found on our website at http://www.trackjunkies.ca/approved-convertible-list/.
- "Inspected in advance" means downloading the Track Junkies self-tech inspection form found at www.trackjunkies.ca/self-tech.pdf prior to the event and verifying the condition of each item on the form. Vehicles must be inspected separately for each event --- photocopies of previous inspections are not acceptable. The term "self-tech" means you may perform the inspection yourself if you have the required knowledge and tools. If you do not have the technical knowledge or tools required, or are not willing to take the time to properly inspect each item, please have the vehicle inspected by a licensed Automotive Service Technician with knowledge of the rigors expected in road course driving.
- BRAKE FLUID must be less than six months old on event date.
ONCE YOUR TECH INSPECTION FORM IS FILLED OUT, SCAN OR TAKE A PHOTO OF IT AND EMAIL IT TO email@example.com BEFORE 18:00 HOURS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE EVENT. In the event you forget to email it, you will be required to email it first before entering the race facility on the morning of the event. Do it before, please, to avoid delays entering the race facility.
- HELMET: Snell-approved M-2005 (motorcycle) or SA-2005 (motorsport) or newer helmets are required for all participants. ALL Snell-approved helmets bear a Snell rating sticker, typically found by lifting up the helmet liner (you should not need to remove any glued portions of the liner to view the sticker).
- EVENT WILL GO RAIN OR SHINE … please be prepared. No refunds for inclement weather.