About this event
YES, WE'RE BACK! IT'S THE FIRST OVERNIGHT DRIVE AND DINE TOUR OF THE SEASON!
Join PCA POTOMAC as we take our Fifth tour through the Maryland and Pennsylvania countryside, bound for the historic THE HOTEL HERSHEY. The weekend will see the famous PORSCHE-ONLY SWAP MEET, now relocated to the Carlisle Fairgrounds on May 1, and we will visit Hershey’s ANTIQUE AUTO MUSEUM on Sunday May 2! Plus fine food and camaradarie (within current COVID-19 guidance, of course) as always!
Drive Date: April 30, 2021
HOTEL (April 30-May 2, 2 nights): The Hotel Hershey. https://www.thehotelhershey.com/
1) Central PA PCA Porsche-Only Swap Meet: May 1, 2021 @ Carlisle Fairgrounds, Carlisle PA. http://cpa-pca.org/swap/2021/index.html
2) Antique Auto Club of America (AACA) Museum visit: May 2, 2021 @ AACA Museum, Hershey PA. aacamuseum.org
Costs and Other Info at a Glance:
a) We will provide booking information to you once you register for this event. Special rate is $279 per night + 11% tax for a room with King Bed.
b) Gen. admission to the swap meet is free + $25 for Porsche area parking, or $60 for the Porsche Corral parking (note the Swapmeet website shows two conflicting numbers). If you want to enter in the Peoples' Choice Concours event, it's $10.
c} All meals are dutch style so costs vary depending on your appetite. Generally our lunches are $10-20 and dinners $30-40 each depending on what you eat and drink.
d) No registration fees upfront will be collected for this event; however, there may be attendance limitations at particular restaurant venues, which we will advise as early as we possibly can.
e) For those who wish to visit on Sunday, the AACA Museum will be $12.50 for adulta and $11.50 for seniors. We willl try to get a discounted rate but like everything else, prices have increased in this time of Corona.....
f) Expected trip length to Hershey about 130 miles with two stops along the way. Please fill up before we meet at the rally point!
Deadline: Monday April 26, but based on hotel availability, don't wait! Hotel deadline is MARCH 26, after which rooms at our special rate may no longer be available.
We will depart Friday April 30 at 10:30 am from south of Frederick MD (location to be provided once you register), and then together take a scenic drive northeastward along a fun route through the hills and valleys of Maryland and Pennsylvania toward Hershey. This year we will completely avoid the Interstate going into Harrisburg! We'll stop along the way for lunch and then a little later we'll stop off for some ice cream before we drive the last stretch into Hershey.
After checking in at THE HOTEL HERSHEY, relax and check out the surroundings. At about 6:30, we will meet in the lobby and head off to our traditional casual dinner Friday night April 30. IN past years we have gone to Fenicci's, but we will need to confirm our arrangements gien the changing capacity requirements due to COVID as well as their changes to operating hours.
Saturday May 1: Given we have learned many spouses have preferred to do other things than attending a fabulous Porsche-only swap meet, we will leave the morning open for people to do as they wish within the fabulous facilities of the Hotel (e.g., they have something calledThe Chocolate Spa) or visiting the shops and amenities of Hershey. Plus HERSHEYPARK's 2021 opening weekend will be April 30-May 2! More info at https://www.thehotelhershey.com/.
For those attending the swap meet, we will provide directions and recommended departure and arrival times at Carlisle. Concours entrants should also head over there early to get your desired spot. Enjoy the festivities, eat some corndogs, ice cream, and funnel cake, and buy that sun visor for your 928 you've been looking for since 1998, or have a look at some 996 exhaust tips you were hoping to decorate your living room with. And remember, this is the only Drive and Dine event where you can arrive in one Porsche and go home in another!
Depending on how long you are at the Swap Meet, you might have time to enjoy the hotel's amenities (like the pool, golf, archery, etc., and something called the Chocolate Spa). Or visit attractions, all with a chocolate theme. There is also some kind of theme park in Hershey. Hmmmmm.
Saturday night, we’ll enjoy our traditional business-casual dinner. In past years this has been at The Mill in Hershey, but we will finalize arrangements shortly, whether there or another venue.
May 2 - Sunday morning, enjoy breakfast and for those of you who registered, we will head out from the Hotel about 9:30 (tentative) for the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum. Admission is $12.50, $11.50 for seniors. Numerous old cars, 60s and 70s muscle cars.....plus their permanent TUCKER exhibit (for those of few of you who are into rear-engine cars....oh wait), And of course, Forest Gump's bus is there along with a myriad of changing and permanent exhibits, plus we may get lucky and see the Hershey Kissmobile out front.......
After the museum, those who are interested may enjoy a stragglers lunch at the Troeg brewhouse, or feel free to do some stuff in Hershey at your leisure, or head on home.
Signup is open now through April 26. However, you must make your Hotel Hershey reservation by March 26. We have a limited number of rooms. The rates will be $279 per night + 11% tax for a room with King Bed. We will provide reservation information only to those registering for this event. Please note we have 12 rooms reserved at the special rate, but additional rooms may be available at that rate depending on whether you book quickly enough. Again we'll send you booking info when you register for this event. We've had as many as 18 rooms in past years.
For more information contact your Tour Guide:
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Great cars, great roads, great fun and all with great people!
Please join us for an event you’ll talk about for years to come and more importantly meet fellow car enthusiasts and make new friends.
- Our events are open to all marques.
- You do not need to be a PCA member to participate.
- Portions of this event has limited capacity to accommodate the venue's facilities, and for the safety of all participants. (late registrations are risky due to capacity). Watch the website for revisions.
- We will notify you of your status by email. You are responsible for updating your profile in the MotorsportReg.com website to include your current contact information.
- We initially list all registrants as “confirmed”, or "wait listed" if the event is filled to capacity. When needed, we will change your status as soon as possible. We will provide formal notification of acceptance into an event by email prior to an event. If you haven’t received any notification, check the MSR website for your status.
- Due to limited capacity of the event venue, walkups are discouraged from attempting to join the event. Special consideration may be given to those who preregister but are wait listed at a future event.
- IF YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL.
- You must cancel please be courteous and cancel as soon as you can in order to allow others from the wait list to attend.
- Cancelations for hotel accommodations are per the policies of The Hotel Hershey, please visit http://www.hersheylodge.com for details.
- If you cannot cancel online, you must notify the Registrar by email and receive an ACKNOWLEDGMENT by email to verify that you have canceled.
- Potomac accepts only credit cards for payment. You are responsible for maintaining VALID CREDIT CARD INFORMATION in your profile.
- Billing problems result in notification by email with limited time to resolve the issue due to the short billing period. If the issue is not resolved, we may cancel you from the event.
- Credit card and billing information uses secure connections and is protected by MotorSportReg.com. You are the only person who has access to your card number. We only see the last four digits for billing purposes.
- Hotel accommodations & payment for services must be made directly through The Hotel Hershey.
- Refunds for hotel accommodations are per the policies of The Hotel Hershey, please visit http://www.thehotelhershey.com for details.
- Contact the D&D Chair to discuss special circumstances. THE D&D CHAIR IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN AUTHORIZE A REFUND OR CREDIT FOR AN EVENT.
- If you are authorized a credit for an event, you must use it before the end of the calendar year. We will not carry credits over into the following year. Credits may only be used for other PCA Potomac events. They can't be used for other clubs who also use motorsportreg.com.