About this event
STREET HEROES FRONTLINE - BENEFIT AUTOCROSS
Street Heroes Frontline is a nonprofit organization that raises money for and awareness of PTSD and suicide issues among veterans and first responders. They are hosting HeroFest festival and car show at Ripken Stadium on Sunday, 09 October 2022.
BMC is partnering with SHFL to offer an introductory autocross experience for car show entrants and others. Proceeds benefit the cause. Drivers will make a donation for each run, up to a maximum of 8 runs. This is a great opportunity to introduce new enthusiasts to our sport!
We need your help in providing in-car instruction, timing, and course work. The autocross will be run on an abbreviated course in the lower portion of the Ripken main lot. Due to the nature of the event, we intend to provide instruction for every driver on at least their first few runs. We anticipate needing the following volunteers (approximate numbers):
Volunteers will be needed from approximately 10:30a until 3:30p on the day of the event. We expect to run autocross passes between 11:00a and 3:00p in two sessions, with a lunch break in between. We will do our best to rotate work assignments at the lunch break.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- BMC will provide a high-visibility safety vest to wear while working. The SHFL T-shirt will be yours to keep.
- BMC will provide orientation and safety guidelines before the event.
- Volunteers will be responsible for tasks related to safety and management of the autocross event itself.
- All entrants, volunteers, and guests must sign a release and waiver of liability on site.
- If you have any questions, please contact the event administrator. Thank you.