GVC Mid-June Ultimate Driving School
BMW CCA - Genesee Valley Chapter
Registration closed June 6, 2014 11:59 PM on June 6, 2014 11:59 PM EDT Registration ends June 6, 2014 11:59 PM on June 6, 2014 11:59 PM EDT Registration opens January 20, 2014 12:00 AM on January 20, 2014 12:00 AM EST Registration runs from January 20, 2014 12:00 AM to June 6, 2014 11:59 PM
Registration is open for Solo, Advanced and Intermediate Drivers who are members of BMW CCA. Novice students not accepted.
Non-member registration opens on May 16, 2014
Join BMW CCA (only $48 /yr) and register today! http://www.bmwcca.org
GVC is very happy to introduce our new mid-June Advanced Driving School and Club Race weekend for our second HPDE of 2014
This school replaces our traditional Fall Driving School and Club Race weekend in late September. The club races this year include the Joel Ajavon Memorial Enduro late Friday afternoon, and the StanParker Memorial Sprint Races that run in conjunction with our driving school on Saturday and Sunday.
Because space is limited, this school is not open to novice students. Registration is restricted to advanced, intermediate, and Solo Group (formerly "A-Solo") drivers ONLY.
There will be only two student run groups: Advanced/intermediate and Solo Group. Only 40 slots are available in each run group, so REGISTER ASAP FOR THIS SCHOOL TO AVOID BEING WAITLISTED!
Students are afforded 4 half-hour track sessions with in-car instruction each day of the school. Between track sessions, students attend lively and interactive classroom sessions appropriate for their skill level. Students also gain experience by riding with their instructors during the instructor track sessions.
The GVC Solo Group (formerly A-Solo) is only open to very advanced, experienced drivers who have been pre-approved to register for this group. Currently approved GVC Solo drivers may register without prior approval, but new applicants must go through a checkout process before being admitted. There is a special "Solo checkout" registration option for this purpose. Please consult the GVC website (link below) for details on selection to this special group.
For Advanced/intermediate students, this is a two-day school running on Saturday and Sunday.
For Solo Group drivers there are three registration options:
Three-day school (Friday - Saturday - Sunday). NOT AVAILABLE to Solo Checkout registrants
Two-day school (Existing Solo Drivers: Friday - Saturday OR Saturday - Sunday; Solo Checkout: Saturday-Sunday)
Solo drivers are charged higher fees, but are afforded additional benefits such as:
· Three hours of scheduled* track time per day: Solo students get 4 half-hour sessions in their own run group, and another 2 sessions with the instructor run group. (*weather permitting)
· Friday open-track day (8:30 AM - 4:00 PM): Solo students registered for either the 3-day (Fri.-Sun.) or 2-day (Fri.-Sat.) options drive in "open-track" conditions with the instructors on Friday. The Solo run group with the assistance of their skilled and highly experienced coaches may arrange for special group exercises to develop and refine more advanced driving techniques (e.g., close-quarter, side-by-side driving in traffic).
· Group debriefing sessions: Solo Group coaches and drivers meet for group discussions that take the place of traditional classroom sessions, At these meetings, experiences will be shared, and driving techniques discussed, compared, and critiqued.
More details about the GVC Solo Group are available from the GVC chief instructor (DS-CI@gvc-bmwcca.org).
Please visit the GVC website for complete details about the school, including the Solo Group program and admission procedure:
Registration and Fees:
- GVC chapter members are afforded highest priority for slots in this school, followed by BMW CCA members from other chapters.
- Non-Members: Registration for non-members is delayed to approximately one month before the registration deadline. Non-members are charged an additional $100 above member fees, and have lowest priority to be promoted from a waiting list.
Membership in BMW CCA is only $48 per year. Join today to register now, and avoid the non-member surcharge! http://bmwcca.org/index.php?pageid=new_member
- Registration after the deadline is only possible by special arrangement, and only if there are still slots available or late cancellations (call or email the Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Advanced, intermediate and novice students: $450 per driver (two-day school). Non-members: add $100
- Solo Group: $475 (two-day school), $675 (three-day school) per driver. Non-members: add $100
- Instructors: $50 (per vehicle) for Friday Orientation Day. Includes three-day shared garage access.
- Fees Include event shirt and after-hours party on Saturday, with hot buffet, beer, wine, soft drinks, open to all participants and guests.
- Registration is not confirmed until payment has been received.
- Fees are refundable before the deadline, less a 10% cancellation charge to cover credit card fees.
- Fees may be credited toward a future GVC Driving School to avoid the cancellation charge.
- Fees are non-refundable after the registration deadline unless another student is available to take the vacated slot.
The host hotel is the famous Seneca Lodge (http://www.senecalodge.com/), located at the upper entrance to Watkins Glen State Park off NY 329. The Lodge is famous for its food and racing heritage. The bar is notable for its collection of over 60 years of racing memorabliia. Another favorite place to stay very close to the track is the Falls Motel in nearby Montour Falls. http://www.thefallsmotel.com. These places fill quickly, so make reservations early.
Camping at the track: Because it's a club race weekend, camping is allowed at the track. Please contact Watkins Glen International to make arrangements well in advance.
Many other types of lodging can be found in Watkins Glen, from cozy bed-and-breakfasts to the luxurious Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel. Camping is available at Watkins Glen State Park and at many other private campgrounds. For more information, please consult our Chapter’s website: http://gvc-bmwcca.org/DrivingSchool/WGInfo.aspx