About this event
Before the season comes to an end, come slide sideways with Grip! This is a Skid Pad, Drifting & BBQ. This event is more “Fun” than “Technical”. Bring the family out and come show off your ride while you lose some Grip with us.
Test the limits of your car’s “GRIP” on a sealed and sprinkled skid pad. Spinning out is half the fun in this controlled and safe environment.
Alongside the skid-Pad, is a massive parking lot where we’ll be hanging out, music playing, admiring other cars, and watching all participants drift from the overlook area.
8:00Am — 4:00pm – Open Skid Pad
10:00am — 2:00pm — Festival & Lunch (BBQ)
5:00pm — Load-up & Roll-out
This is one of the few events we host that convertibles can attend.
This is a family friendly event so bring the entire crew.
Event Tickets available:
None Members (Drivers): $250
Grip Members (Drivers): $0
Spectators & Lunch: $50
Spectate Only: $20
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 8 Hours of Skid Pad Drift time shared between all drivers.
- Instructors and well-organized entry & exist to skid-pad.
- Snacks, water, and soft drinks (all day)
- BBQ / lunch
- On-site media team (all day)
- Access to all photos and videos from the event (download on our website)
We will all meet at Summit Point Raceway Potomac Skid Pad facilities on Saturday, September 9th at 8am, When you arrive at the gate, you will need to show your event registration email confirmation for entry (both in-print or digitally on your device will be accepted).
Non-driving guests must be registered online to attend the event. They will be able to partake in all the same activities, except for track time. Please add your guest registration at the same time you complete your driver registration.
There will be no exceptions to the following cancelation policies:
- All events will be held “rain or shine.”
- Once your car hits the track, there will be no refunds or credits of any kind.
- Registration fees cannot be transferred to a future Grip Inc. event.
- No cancelations due to COVID-19.
- Registration is transferable to another person only for the same event you initially paid for and only in the event that the person you wish to transfer your registration to meets Grip, Inc.’s eligibility requirements.
- If you are experiencing car-related issues, your best option is to bring a different car.