About this event
Spring is Coming! Spring is Coming! With spring comes a most excellent way to welcome it... another one of Ed Merry's "Cabin Fever Breakout” Fun Runs.
So, join your First Settlers Region friends on Saturday, 15 April for a run that will end up at Robyn and Gary and Tyer's beautiful home overlooking the Rappahannock River in Water View, VA.
The route covers about 66 miles including 8 new very twisty backroads. It should take about 2 hours including a break.
The per-person cost for the event, including a BBQ lunch and refreshments at the Tyer's is $40.
Event conduct and requirements are as follows:
- We'll meet at the West Point McDonald's (432 14th St, West Point, VA 23181) at 9AM and check-in will run until 9:45.
- After PCA insurance waiver signing, we'll have a Drivers Meeting at 9:45 and the first group will depart at 10:15.
- We'll have 4 groups of 10 cars, including leads and sweeps. Groups will launch 10 minutes apart.
- The fourth group is for Vintage cars, so if you're driving an air-cooled or classic transaxle car, you can sign up for this group.
- The route is 66 miles and takes about 2 hours including a rest stop.
- We expect to arrive at the Tyer's by12:30PM. Recommend bringing a lawn chair.
We hope to see you there!