About this event
THE 2020 FRP SEASON - Great events @ 6 tracks - 3 hrs of track time for each run group at each event.
- Pittsburgh International Raceway - June 19-21 - Concluded
Run Groups: Atlantic/Prototypes/F1000/F2000/F1600/RCFFS/FV Challenge Cup
- Mid Ohio Sports Car Course - July 3-5 - Concluded
Run Groups: F1000/F2000/F1600/RCFFS/FV Challenge Cup, with the Canadian Touring Car Championship
- VIRginia International Raceway - July 17-19 -- Guests of SCCA PRO Racing - Concluded
Run Groups: Atlantic -Prototypes/F1000-F2000/F1600
- Summit Point Motorsports Park - August 21-23 - Concluded
Run Groups: F1000/F2000/F1600/RCFFS/FV Challenge Cup, with Woodbridge Kart Club
- Pittsburgh International Raceway #2 - October 17-18
The Double Crown - post Runoffs Blast
Run Groups: Atlantic/F1000/F2000/F1600/RCFFS/FV Challenge Cup
- Road Atlanta - October 30-31
The Pumpkin Cup
Run Groups: Atlantic/F1000/F2000/F1600/RCFFS
Welcome to the 2020 FRP Season!
Below, we outline all you need to know to kick your season off on the right foot.
Please read the entire page before beginning the registration process.
Formula Race Promotions events are sanctioned and insured by SCCA PRO Racing
Registration: Racing License & Crew Credentials
ALL FRP participants — drivers & crew & guests desiring hot pit access MUST BE a member of SCCA.
Guests or Crew may participate in FRP events without being an SCCA member, but will not be allowed in hot pit areas. Anyone found in a hot pit area without proper credentials will be fined ($500), and this fine will accrue to the associated team.
- To join or renew one’s SCCA membership, go to: https://www.scca.com - click on “Join SCCA/Renew” and follow prompts.
- The fee to be a member of SCCA is the responsibility of participants, and is not included in any event fee due FRP.
- One can also join or renew their SCCA Membership when signing up for a Pro Driving License or FRP Crew Card (see links below)
- There is also a “Weekend SCCA Membership ($50), available for sign up at each event.
FRP Specific Crew Credential
For Crew Members desiring an FRP HardCard Credential, (with proof of Annual Waiver signed), go to:
- Follow Prompts - download and fill out the Credit Card Form (if applicable) & Appropriate Annual Waiver, and submit these with picture.
- You will need to be a member of SCCA, and provide your member #, or fill in "New Member" to process all together (needs CC Form).
- There is no additional fee for the FRP Crew Hardcard - The SCCA Membership Fee is the responsibility of participants.
- An FRP PRO HARDCARD MAKES AT TRACK REGISTRATION EASIER -- submit your form at least 2 weeks prior to first attended event.
Drivers — 2020 Racing License Requirements
ALL Drivers participating in any FRP event are required to have, at minimum, an SCCA (Club) “Full Competition License”
(Other sanctioning body licenses may be acceptable, determined on a case by case basis by FRP officials).
Everyone competing in F1600, F2000, Atlantic & NAF1000, for more than two weekends needs to have an SCCA Pro License. Approval for a Pro License is automatic with a full competition (club) license.
An additional $125 fee applies, and this fee is the responsibility of participants (This is the FRP rate, normal cost for a Pro License is $300).
FRP always retrains the right to determine qualifications, and deny entry, of drivers regardless of license held.
First time and non-SCCA drivers: Your driving resume and existing license will be reviewed by SCCA & FRP stewards: upon approval you will be granted a provisional Pro license and observed by FRP staff during on track activities.
For SCCA Pro License Applications and instructions, go to:
Membership in SCCA & Licensing does not have to be completed before entering FRP Events on Motorsportreg, but will have to be completed prior to "wheels on track”. SCCA Pro charges a substantial late fee for License Applications received within 2 weeks of a desired first event, so do this early.
You can also find Links, instructions & forms to all applications on our FRP websites - “Registration Page”, and on the SCCA Pro Website.
Any Questions, contact us:
robertW@racefrp.com or call 855-722-3377 ext. 701
clayH@racefrp.com or call 855-722-3377 ext. 708