About this event
May 26th 2021 4pm to 7pm at Calabogie Motorsports Park
$225 + HST (first timer discout available)
Please join us and our Motorsports Safety Foundation Certified instructors for an evening of learning and fun at Calabogie Motorsports Park.
Novice drivers, with little or to experience driving a car on a closed circuit? This is the event for you. We'll have lots of support and structure and you'll feel welcomed, safe and you'll have a blast! This evening Advanced Driving School (ADS) event is a perfect follow up to the "Taking Your Car to the Track" webinar https://youtu.be/K_pIBoFV_BY
Experienced drivers (intermediate and advanced)? Come and strech your legs, get the rust out, continue learning. You'll find the lead and follow format effective with your experience level and a good complement to in-car coaching. You'll have a dedicated run group.
In accordance with sanitary measures, we will have an online driver meeting, socially distanced instructor-students meeting in small group in the paddock preceding and following on track session. The format for the evening is a lead and follow program (for both run groups) where we target to have a very small ratio of students to instructor (ideally 2 to 1). While on track, the two students will exchange position every lap behind the instructor.
Schedule event is:
- 4:00 arrival and finalize registration
- 4:30 Instructor-student introductions
- 5:00 Group 1 on track, lead and follow
- 5:30 Group 2 on track, lead and follow
- 6:00 Group 1 on track, lead and follow
- 6:30 Group 2 on track, lead and follow
- 7:00 Closing words
Student evaluation form sent a few days following the event.
The BMW Car Club of Ottawa (BMWCCO) is passionate about driver education and has a strong focus on safety and has been organizing driving school for 15yrs. Also, BMWCCO membership is NOT REQUIRED to participate in this event, nor is it required to drive a BMW (35% of the cars at the past years ADS were non-BMW).
- Track inspection required (Autovation offers free for BMWCCO members. Please bear in mind that if you need fluids or work completed this is not included in your free track inspection). You need to call ahead and book an appointment.
- Helmet Snell SA-2010 or newer (rentals available)
- COVID protocols to be followed
There will be a mandatory instructor/student meeting via Zoom (or another online meeting tool) the week of the event. If you do not attend, you will not be going on track. We will send out an email with the invitation to this meeting closer to the event date.