About this event
Drive to the Crosswinds Restaurant at the Payson Airport for lunch
Thursday, August 19, 2021.
The Crosswinds Restaurant is located at 800 W. Airport Rd., Payson, AZ 85541.
“The Mogollon Rim provides breathtaking views overlooking an expansive forest of pine trees. The rim is a true geological wonder hosting sedimentary, volcanic and metamorphic rock dating back to the Precambrian era” – and the road is fantastic!
The Arizona Mountain Region will begin the drive in the Camp Verde Burger King parking lot located just off the first round-about after eastbound exit 287 from I-17 onto Highway 260.
Arrive at 11:00 am for a Drivers Meeting and to sign the liability paperwork. A “11:30ish” departure to Payson is expected. We will travel E. SR260 and SR87. The travel time to Payson is about one hour.
For those driving from Prescott, the travel time from the Maverick Gas Station at Fain Road and Highway 69 to Camp Verde is about 30 minutes by taking SR169 and I17.
The drive will end at the Crosswinds Restaurant. Their meeting room is reserved for us at 1:00 pm. We will order lunch off their regular menu with individual tabs.
There is no fee for this event; however, participants will be responsible for their own entrance fees at other facilities and meal expenses.
Please pre-register no later than Aug 15th so that we have an accurate headcount for lunch.
Suggestions for AZM members wishing to extend their return trip by visiting:
- The Rim Country Museum and Zane Grey Cabin in Payson
- Tonto Natural Bridge State Park, 10 miles north of Payson off SR 87 (may have reduced hours due to Covid)
- Fort Verde State Historic Park in Camp Verde
- The Cliff Castle Casino in Camp Verde
- Wineries on Page Springs Road and Old Town Cottonwood
- The Arizona Copper Art Museum in Clarkdale
- Jerome and a drive home on SR89a