About this event
WELCOME TO SUMMIT POINT
DRIFT NIRVANA®: DRIFT 101
Come Learn to Drift
Get slideways with our DN Instructors, backed by years of drifting experience
The DRIFT NIRVANA® Instructor Team
is eager to share their drifting enthusiasm with you
Entry Fee Per Driver
Limited # of students
Pre-Registration is REQUIRED, includes gate fee, and closes at noon the day before events
Participants will be charged The DAY BEFORE the event
No refunds or credits
Driver- NOT Tandem qualified:
- Must have a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 6mos.and present it at check-in
*Drivers 16-17 must have a parent or guardian present with them and sign a minor waiver
- Helmets: SA2015 or newer rating in good condition and MUST be worn during "On-Track" activities
- Shoes: Closed toe
- Long pants
- Cars must be RWD and 2WD (IE AWD can be converted to RWD. aka “The Woo Clause”)
- Trucks/SUV/4x4 (even converted) are allowed on a case by case basis- contact us for approval
- Electric vehicles or Hybrids may NOT participate in “on track” activities at this time
- All body panels must be attached to the car
- This includes hood, fenders, front and rear glass.
- Bumpers covers not required, but some type of structure, either substructure of bumper or a "bash bar"
- The sound decibel limit for vehicles is 103.
- Convertibles must be equipped with either factory installed roll over protection (may be passive) documented in the owner’s manual or an aftermarket roll bar that meets or exceeds the standards set in the SCCA GCR. Drivers must bring owner’s manual or aftermarket documentation and present it at tech.
- All convertibles/drivers and passengers need to pass the “broomstick test”
- “Style” bars and removable hard tops are not approved for rollover protection
- Retractable Hard Tops, Targa Tops, T-Tops and Sunroofs must remain in place while on track
NOTE: Mazda MX5/Miata, Honda S2000, and Dodge Viper convertibles (among others) all need 4 point roll bars added.
ALSO NOTE: Convertibles with hard tops (especially Mazda Miata PRHT or RF trim levels) are still convertibles and the rollbar rules still apply because hard tops are typically not structural.
- TOW HOOKS or PULL LOOPS-FRONT and REAR- FOR VEHICLE RECOVERY ARE REQUIRED
- Must be easily accessible without manipulation of body work
- Factory tow hooks are allowed
- Removable hooks must be installed prior to on track activities
The passenger’s seat: must provide the same level of safety protection as the driver ie DOT installed vs 5/6 point harness
- We will assign your car number at check-in and our tech attendants will put the # on your car windows
- REMOVE OLD #s from windows
*If you are unsure of the above requirements, please contact us email@example.com BEFORE REGISTERING
*It is the responsibility of the participant to assure safe mechanical condition of the vehicle at all times
It is strongly recommended that vehicles be thoroughly and routinely inspected by a reputable technician beforehand
Refunds or credits will not be issued for vehicles that don’t pass tech.