About this event
AHRMA / LUKE'S RACECRAFT DRAG RACE
HEARTLAND PARK; TOPEKA, KANSAS
Saturday, May 29, 2021
Schedule (subject to change depending on weather)
Enter Facility thru Gate E. Gate Hours: 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
Registration: 3:00 pm
Tech Hour: 5:00 pm (A drag racing tech sticker will be issued to all riders actively competing in Road Race at Heartland Park during staging. All other participants must go thru tech.)
Mandatory Riders meeting: 5:30 pm
Classes are as follows: (Download this file for AHRMA's Roadrace cross over listing.Classic Drag Race Class Cross Reference.pdf)
Vintage Flyweight 0-250cc (up to 1972)
Vintage Lightweight 251-500cc (up to 1972)
Vintage Middleweight 501-750cc (up to 1972)
Vintage Superbike 751cc to Open (pre-1983)
Next Generation Superbike 751cc to Open (1983-1992)
Tire Vendor: Yes, Stickboy will be onsite with Bridgestone tires.
Gate Fee: $40 four days, $30 three days, $25 two days, $15 one day.
Concessions: Yes. Hours of operations, Gate opening to Event ending. Full menu breakfast, lunch, dinner. Full service adult beverage available.
Camping: Yes. Primitive Camping free. HMP has a massive amount of paved pit areas. There is an on site RV dump station. Twelve each air-conditioned private showers and spotless restrooms.
Lodging: For the 2021 season, Heartland Park partnered with the ClubHouse Inn & Suites in Topeka. Guest who call them and book will receive a 15% discount per night, as well as complimentary breakfast buffet and two complimentary drink tickets per guest 21 years and older. Their contact phone number is 785-273-8888. https://be.synxis.com/?hotel=61990&rate=HTPK
Hyatt Place Topeka, 6021 SW 6th Avenue, Topeka, KS 66615, USA, 785-273-8888, https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/TOPZT/G-MOTO
Hilton Garden Inn Topeka, 1351 SW Arvonia Pl, Topeka, KS 66615, Call 1 785-350-1069 to book (mention you are with AHRMA)
Nearby Restaurants: Amigos Mexican Restaurant; 5900 SW Topeka Blvd. 785-862-0255, The Blind Tiger Brewery & Restaurant; 417 SW 37th St. 785-267-2739 https://www.visittopeka.com/restaurants
GPS Coordinates: 38.9325° N, 95.6784° W
Track Address: 7530 Topeka Blvd SW, Topeka, KS 66619
Contact: Devon Hilton
DRAG RACING TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Each participant agrees to familiarize himself with all the applicable rules and requirements prior to competing in this event. In signing the waiver each participant agrees that the act of entering this exhibition shall constitute an agreement by him to be bound by all the rules set forth by the race control.
The participant agrees to be bound by any of the decisions of the drag race director and to release the event and drag race director and all other event officials from liability from an alleged erroneous decision. The word participant shall include any persons directly or indirectly associated with any vehicle lawfully upon the premises for the purposes of this competition including but not limited to the owners, riders, and crew members.
The drag race director has the final say in all situations.
A paramedic crew and ambulance shall be available during active racing. In the event that emergency services are not available due to transport, racing will be suspended until their return.
Rider Gear Requirements
1. All riders shall wear an appropriate helmet that is DOT certified and not older than 10 years (SNELL M2020, M2015, SA2015, SA2010). The helmet must be worn with a face shield or goggles.
2. Vintage Flyweight Class riders on machines with a chain guard shall as a minimum wear leather gloves, heavy blue jeans and a full leather jacket.
3. Vintage Flyweight Class riders on machines without a chain guard and all other classes require as a minimum race gloves with either Kevlar lining or slide buttons and a full leather suit per SFI Spec 40.1/2
4. Leather boots shall be required which are over the ankle and which allow the pant leg to be tucked inside of the boots
5. No skin shall be exposed while the rider is in the tucked position
6. The rider’s feet must remain on the foot pegs after the start and until the machine crosses the finish line, unless the rider has to remove his feet in order to control or stabilize the machine.
1. All AHRMA road-race machines that have passed AHRMA technical inspection for the weekend are eligible.
2. Full functional front and rear brakes
3. Chain guards and clutch covers (except on AHRMA approved road-race machines and dedicated race prepared machines)
4. No Exposed Primary Chains or Belts
5. All master links on the drive chain shall be safety wired
6. An engine kill switch that can be actuated without removing the riders hand from the throttle or the handlebar, or an appropriately attached dead man’s kill switch
7. Tank mounted fuel shut off valve
8. A snap return throttle
9. All handlebars must be at least 10 inches from the center of the fork plane
10. Rigid front forks are not permitted
11. Rear fenders must cover the full width of the rear tire and extend to above and past the rear axle below the rider
12. All machines must have stable and secure seat, foot pegs, and handgrips
13. Any machines using fuel that is something other than gasoline or gasoline race fuel must notify the drag race director
14. Mirrors, windshields and all protruding brackets must be removed. Saddlebags must be empty, secured or removed completely
15. The drag race tech inspector has final say over the safety of any machine
16. All machines shall have an adequately installed oil catch container
17. All machines have either a belly pan or some form of oil containing material under the engine for machines that are older than 1990
18. For street-stock machines that are to be entered, all drivers must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance