Deposit - Trillium, GVC, Allegheny HPDE @PittRacePittsburgh International Race Compl
About this event
Update: This deposit site is now closed, but the full registration site for the event is available at http://msreg.com/TrilliumGVCAllegheny-PIRC-2022.
Trillium, Genesee Valley, and Allegheny BMW CCA chapters have the opportunity to host a HPDE event at Pittsburgh International Race Complex Monday-Wednesday, June 6-8, 2022. All HPDE students and instructors are welcome and encouraged to participate in this event - this is a world-class track, and offers many different opportunities to develop your driving techniques. Driving a track new to you will help round out your driving skills and make you a better driver! Tuesday and Wednesday will consist of on-track and classroom sessions for all levels of drivers, novice through advanced, as well as pre-approved solo. Monday lapping is only available to experienced A students (that is, 3 or more events in the A group at a Trillium, GVC or other BMW club school), pre-approved Solo and Instructors. If you are unsure of whether you qualify to attend on Monday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By paying the $100 USD deposit now, you are helping Trillium, GVC and Allegheny to assess how many drivers will commit - following this early registration period, we will decide if there are enough participants to make the event financially viable for the Chapters. Note that your deposit is in US funds.
If we have enough commitments by December 31, the Chapters will sign a contract with the track and pay a large non-refundable deposit. Once we sign the contract, your $100 deposit will be no longer be refundable.
If we do not have enough commitments by December 31, the Chapters will advise the track that we will not be holding the event, and your $100 deposit will be refunded.
Fees: We expect pricing to be the following (subject to change):
Two-day (Tue/Wed) driving school: $550 USD before April 1; $600 USD after
Three-day (Mon/Tue/Wed);pre-approved Solo and experienced A students only): $700 USD before April 1; $760 USD after
Instructors: $100 USD for all 3 days, or any portion thereof
- To attend this event, you must be a regular or associate member of BMW CCA, with dues paid up, or a current member BMW Clubs Canada.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and have a full driver's license (not a provisional or learners permit), which is not suspended or revoked.
- If your track driving record does not appear in Driving Evals, you will need to send a detailed resume to email@example.com. Your resume must detail:
- Your current driver proficiency level (novice, intermediate, advanced, Solo, and SLIP Level if you have one)
- The make, model, year, and modifications to your car
- Driving/racing organizations and tracks you have experience with
- The total number of track days you have run over how many years
- The type of events (driving schools, club days, open lapping, race schools, time trials, etc.) that you have run.
- If you have been signed off to drive solo, but are not pre-approved A-Solo, Group S, etc., how long ago and approximately how many track days you have been signed off to solo
- The name and email address for two references (e.g., HPDE Chief Instructor, driving instructor/coach or licensed racer)
In addition, please note the following requirements, prerequisites and conditions:
- You must bring an approved and signed pre-event Technical Inspection Form. Your car must be inspected by a competent mechanic (USA only) or a licensed mechanic (Canada only) according to all of the criteria on the club's technical inspection form. At the time of your inspection you must ensure your mechanic completes and signs the form. This inspection should be completed no earlier than 4 weeks before the driving school. A separate technical inspection is required for each and every driving school you attend. You must present the completed and signed form on the morning of the first day of the driving school. Without a completed and signed form, you will not be allowed out on the track.
- You must bring an approved and signed BMW CCA waiver
- PLEASE NOTE: CARS EQUIPPED WITH COLLISION AVOIDANCE BRAKING SYSTEMS AND/OR LANE DEPARTURE CORRECTIVE SYSTEMS: These systems must be turned off prior to entering the track for each track session. All other safety systems must be left on.
- Open-top cars: Convertibles, T-tops or Targa tops are allowed only if they have roll-over protection AND pass the "broomstick" test. Such convertibles must have arm restraints or window nets. If a convertible has a hard top, the top must be mounted. If you are not sure, please ask by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- BMW SAV’s are allowed only in the novice group.
- Vehicles not permitted include: Open-wheeled cars, trucks (including light trucks, i.e. pickups), vans (including minivans), non-BMW SUV/SAV’s, cross-overs, military vehicles, delivery vehicles, three-wheeled vehicles, motorcycles, etc. Basically, anything that isn't a coupe, gran coupe (i.e. sedan without a b-pillar), sedan, station/sport wagon, hatchback, or compact is prohibited.
*Please note the Chapters reserve the right to restrict any vehicle from participation if we believe there is an unacceptable safety risk to either the driver and/or other participants.
- Hybrid / Electric vehicles: If it's a car, you may bring it but please note that we cannot guarantee the availability of a charging station. Please contact the track directly.
- Helmets required: Helmets must meet the Snell SA2015 or SA2020 standard. A very limited number of loaner helmets are available at the track. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Please note an 'M' helmet does not mean Motorsport. It means Motorcycle.
- Occupant safety: The driver and passenger seats and seat belts must be functionally equivalent. This means if your driver seat has a 5-point harness, your passenger seat must also have a 5-point harness.
- Apparel: Long pants and sleeved tops are mandatory on track, no tank tops, no open shoes. Synthetics are strongly discouraged (cotton or silk highly recommended).
- Passengers: Student drivers are NOT permitted to carry any passengers while on track, or during skid pad/autoslalom exercises, except for Trillium/GVC/Allegheny approved instructors. Instructors are the only drivers permitted to carry passengers in their cars, such as school students or guests.
- Refunds: Fees are fully refundable up to 15 days prior to the event. Please note the club is not responsible for currency fluctuations. There are no refunds for cancellations at 14 days or less.
- Driver substitutions: Not allowed.