DelVal BMW CCA - PittRace HPDE sponsored by Otto'sPitt International Race Complex
About this event
BMW CCA - Delaware Valley Chapter - Event Sponsored by Otto's BMW
Join us October 28th & 29th for our FIRST EVER PittRace HPDE on Pittsburgh International Race Complex's full 2.78 mile 19 turn course! We'll have two days of driving fun and education with the best classroom and in-car instructors in the business! No races are scheduled for this event, so all our students will get maximum track time! Also plan to stick around after the track goes cold Staurday when we'll provide food and beverages for some social time with other attendees.
When: Saturday October 28th - Sunday October 29th
Where: Pittsburgh Internation Race Complex - Full Course
Last day to register:
Sunday, October 22nd, 2022
Student Cost for Saturday/Sunday: $699
Early Bird Special price until 9/2: $649
Late Registration price after 10/6: $749
Instructor Cost for Saturday/Sunday: $195 (FREE FOR FIRST 60 INSTRUCTORS TO REGISTER!)
Young drivers (under age 25) are eligible for a $50 discount at DelVal events (proof of age is required, not combinable with first time discount below.)
If this is your first time registering for and attending a DelVal Chapter BMW CCA HPDE, get a $50 credit to your MotorsportReg account!
Shirts - A commemorative event t-shirt is often included in our events. We reserve the right to substitute an item other than a t-shirt. Commemorative items are not a guaranteed element of your registration.
Please keep in mind that this is not a racing school but rather a high speed driving school, conducted on a race track under close supervision by experienced instructors. You will learn how to handle and control your vehicle at speeds not normally attained on public roads. This will help to prepare you for emergencies in normal driving. It will also allow you to explore your capabilities as a driver and those of your vehicle.
At no time will you be pushed or encouraged to go any faster than is comfortable for you. All participants will be organized into run groups in accordance with experience, skill, and type of vehicle. Participants not "signed off" will be required to drive with an instructor on board.
The Delaware Valley Chapter has developed a STUDENT HANDBOOK especially designed for the novice student. If you are a new Driver School Participant, we urge you to read this material to familiarize yourself with the program, safety issues and concerns and to obtain a better understanding of our events for your benefit and for the benefit of your fellow participants.
Pre-event tech inspection and registration for the prior evening will be announced and will also be at the track on Saturday morning (14th).
Cars with automatic braking and/ or lane drift correction systems will not be permitted to participate unless the systems can be fully turned off for the track sessions; proof that the systems can be turned off must be provided (i.e., information in Owner's Manual, etc.)
Be sure to visit the Chapter website, www.delvalbmwcca.org to read the Track Bulletins and Driver School event materials thoroughly.
See you at the track!!!
Everyone must read, understand and accept the WAIVER & RELEASE FORM prior to registering to participate in a Delaware Valley Chapter Driver School. The WAIVER & RELEASE FORM can be viewed above or downloaded from the Chapter Website.
Please review the following information that is applicable to 2023 Delaware Valley Chapter Driver Schools:
- Participation in Delaware Valley Chapter Driver Schools is limited to BMW CCA Members only. Proof of BMW CCA Membership is required and may be verified. Join BMW CCA online or call the National Membership toll free number 1-800-878-9292. However,while we strongly encourage membership, non-BMW CCA members are welcome to participate for their FIRST event. Membership is required for participation in all subsequent events.
- Participants must be 18 yrs old or more and hold a valid Driver's License. This may be verified at registration at the track.
- We recommend that you have your vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic no more than 30 days prior to the date of the event.
- You must present your completed Student Tech Form or Instructor Tech Form to the tech inspector prior to event registration at the track. (Do not mail your Tech to the registrar.)
- Once your Tech Form has been approved by the tech inspector, you must present the form and your completed Medical Form to the registrar to obtain your registration packet.
- We require equal passenger restraint (minimum 3 point).
- This is a driver's education school and is not practice for any racing or speed contest. All participants are required to attend classroom sessions to learn vehicle dynamics and driving techniques. These sessions will continue throughout the day to help you understand the fine art of high speed driving. Failure to attend as required will result in loss of driving privileges.
- Clothing - Shirts and long pants are required (no tank tops, sleeveless shirts or shorts.) We recommend cotton or natural fibers.
- Helmet - We prefer full-face helmets with shield installed. SNELL 2015 OR NEWER HELMETS REQUIRED.
- Cars must be muffled.
- After-market window tinting / rear & side glass - you must be able to see through the vehicle while standing 20 feet away. Since it may be difficult to assess whether your aftermarket window tinting is allowed it is strongly recommended that if you have any doubts that you contact Tech Chairman, Dave Somma, prior to the event to have the tinting inspected and approved. email@example.com
- SUV's are not eligible. If you're not sure if your vehicle qualifies, contact Tech Chairman, Dave Somma (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the event.
- No Convertible Cars Allowed
Cancellations will be accepted until two weeks prior to the start date of an event. Any cancellation received on or prior to the respective cancellation date will be charged a 10% fee to cover processing costs. Any cancellation request following the cancellation date is subject to forfeiture of the entire entry fee if the Registrar is unable to fill your slot. If your slot is filled, only the 10% fee will apply. If you are a “no show” at the event, no refund will be given. All cancellations must be communicated in writing via e-mail or letter through the Registrar. If DelVal BMW CCA must cancel an event for any reason, registrants will be provided a full refund; however, DelVal BMW CCA will not be liable for any charges or costs registrants may incur other than the registration fee. Refunds will be issued following the event.
Event Registrar: Lisa Mellott, 4 Cricket Lane, Westport, CT 06880 - E-mail address email@example.com - Evening Phone - 203-858-0262
Pre-event tech inspection and registration will be at the track on Saturday, October 28th starting at 7:00 a.m. (Registration and event tech inspection on the evening before the event will be announced closer to the date of the event).
Be sure to visit the Chapter website, www.delvalbmwcca.org where any event updates, Track Bulletins and other Driver School event forms and information may be found.
Wait List – Student applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, provided all eligibility requirements have been met. There are a limited number of Student spaces available for our events. This number may vary from one venue to another. Additionally - Students are divided by Run Groups (Novice, Intermediate & Advanced) based upon the experience level of the Student. If we receive event applications after a Run Group is full, a Wait List will be created. Wait listed applicants will be accepted on a first cone first serve basis if a vacancy is created due to a cancelation. The event registrar will inform you of your status (confirmed or waitlist) approximately one month before the event.
When you are ready to register, click continue.