About this event
The Boar's Head Resort
Charlottesville and the Piedmont Region are home to many Presidential estates such as Monticello, Montpelier, fantastic shopping, great restaurants, outstanding wineries, and some of the best roads in Virginia. We are planning a diverse set of activities including historic tours, scenic drives, fine dining, and quaint towns.
We will stay at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains for two nights at the Boars Head Resort - the only AAA Four Diamond resort in Charlottesville. Enjoy a warm and intimate ambiance with southern hospitality, a luxury spa, scenic hikes, outdoor pools, multiple restaurants, and bars. The Boars Head Resort combines the classic with the contemporary, the refined with the casual, and the tranquil with the dynamic. Confirmed tour participants can book rooms at $200/day, representing a substantial discount to regular rates. Once your registration status has been "Confirmed", we'll email the link to this group rate. Please do not try to make a reservation before being Confirmed and receiving this link.
FRIDAY August 12
Participants from the Potomac Region will start their journey in the Manassas area on Friday morning. A short briefing and roll call before driving on some fun roads to Orange, VA where our destination is Provisions Market Table restaurant for lunch. You will have a choice of:
- Croque Monsieur - Ham and Cheddar with Mornay Sauce on Focccia House Salad
- House-Smoked Pulled Pork BarBeQue - with Cole Slaw, German Potato Salad, Tomato Based Sauce
- Roasted Summer Vegetables - Garden Array of Local, Organically Grown Roasted Vegetables, Dressed in Olive Oil Alabama White Sauce
- Chicken Napoleon - Chicken Breast Layered with Spinach and Tomatoes, Bechemel, Dressed Greens
Wine, beer, and dessert are optional and available for purchase separately. See more details at https://provisionsmarkettable.com
After lunch, more fun roads to drive to our accommodation at The Boar's Head, Charlottesville, VA.
On Friday we are having a four course, group dinner at Vivace Italian restaurent. Menu details are still being finalized but is expected to include appetizer, salad, main entree (Chicken marsala, Veal parmesan, Shrimp Scampi, Steak, or Eggplant parmesan), a choice of dessert, and non-alcholic beverage. You can pay for wine and cocktails separately as it is not included in the registration fee.
SATURDAY August 13
Our Saturday agenda starts after breakfast with a short drive and tour of the historic Monticello. Get to know Thomas Jefferson—author of the Declaration of Independence and the Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom, third president of the United States, and founder of the University of Virginia. We will be guided through a 45 minute tour and have ample time to explore the beautiful grounds and site. The tour is a guided experience that includes first floor spaces in Thomas Jefferson’s home, the West Lawn, and the South Wing. You’ll learn about Jefferson and his vision for America, the realities of slavery on the Monticello plantation, and the mountaintop’s iconic architecture. This popular pass includes access to our gardens, grounds, walking tours, family-friendly activities, and exhibits.
More details are here: https://www.monticello.org/
We will then drive to a local Charlottesville restaurant for lunch. Location TBD.
Saturday afternoon is Porsche Time! We have designed a driving route that guarantees mile upon mile of smiles. Mountains and valleys, with switchbacks, zigs and zags to reveal your inner Porsche.
We will visit the famous Devils Backbone Basecamp Brewery, Distillery and Meadows on our way to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway back to the Boar's Head. Check out the amazing camp facilities and offers here www.dbbrewingcompany.com/location/basecamp
On Saturday evening, you will be free to visit any of the vast array of excellent restaurants in the area. We will be providing some recommendations.
SUNDAY August 14th, 2022
Sunday is a free day for everyone. You can visit other local attractions, lounge at the resort or head for home. There will be an informal invitation to meet at a winery for brunch/ lunch before you head for home.
Where to: Charlottesville, VA and surrounding areas
Rally Point: Manassas, VA (specific details will be sent to you as the date approaches)
Dates: Friday August 12 - Sunday August 14
Costs: The Registration cost is $135 per person and CHARGED WHEN YOU ARE CONFIRMED on the Tour. The cost includes lunch and dinner on Friday and the Monticello tour on Saturday. Lunch on Saturday will be pay as you go.
Your Hosts: Larry Finkel & Greg Kahles
PCA Potomac COVID procedures and local Virginia regulations will be adhered to.
- Our events are open to all marques.
- You do not need to be a PCA member to participate, but you must be at least 21 to visit certain venues on this tour.
- Portions of this event have limited capacity to accommodate the venue's facilities, and for the safety of all participants. (late registrations are risky due to capacity). Watch the website for revisions.
- We will notify you of your status by email. You are responsible for updating your profile in the MotorsportReg.com website to include your current contact information.
- We initially list all registrants as “New”, or "Waitlisted" if the event is filled to capacity. When possible, we will change your status as soon as possible. We will provide formal notification of acceptance into the event by email prior to an event. If you haven’t received any notification, check the MSR website for your status.
- Due to limited capacity of the event venue, walkups are discouraged from attempting to join the event.
- IF YOU CAN'T PARTICIPATE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL.
- If you must cancel please be courteous and cancel as soon as you can in order to allow others from the wait list to attend.
- Cancellations after July 12 will not be refunded unless we are able to confirm someone else from the waitlist. See Refund details below.
- Cancellations for hotel accommodations are per the policies of The Boar's Head Resort, please visit https://www.boarsheadresort.com/ for details.
- If you cannot cancel online, you must notify the Registrar by email and receive an ACKNOWLEDGMENT by email to verify that you have canceled.
- Potomac accepts only credit cards for payment. You are responsible for maintaining VALID CREDIT CARD INFORMATION in your profile.
- Billing problems result in notification by email with limited time to resolve the issue due to the short billing period. If the issue is not resolved, we may cancel you from the event.
- Credit card and billing information uses secure connections and is protected by MotorSportReg.com. You are the only person who has access to your card number. We only see the last four digits for billing purposes.
- Hotel accommodations & payment for services must be made directly through The Boar's Head Resort.
- Refunds for hotel accommodations are per the policies of The Boar's Head Resort, please visit https://www.boarsheadresort.com/ for details.
- Contact the D&D Chair to discuss special circumstances. THE D&D CHAIR IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN AUTHORIZE A REFUND OR CREDIT FOR AN EVENT.
- Refunds for cancellations after July 12 are at the disgression of the D&D Chair.and are only possible if we can confirm another guest to take your place from the waitlist.
- If you are authorized a credit for an event, you must use it before the end of the calendar year. We will not carry credits over into the following year. Credits may only be used for other PCA Potomac events. They can't be used for other clubs who also use motorsportreg.com.