About this event
ARPCA Race Test & Tune / Advanced DE at the Pittsburgh International Race Complex
THURSDAY - October 12, 2017
The Allegheny Region of the Porsche Club of America is hosting a PCA Club Race weekend at Pittsburgh International Race Complex (Pitt Race) on Friday October 13th thru Sunday, and October 15, 2017. In advance of this race, ARPCA is hosting a Test & Tune / Advanced DE lapping day on Thursday Oct. 12, 2017.
This will be an excellent opportunity for racers unfamiliar with the new Pitt Race configuration to get their cars set up for this unique circuit. For the advanced DE drivers, this is an opportunity to be on track with some of the nation's best Porsche drivers and some very exciting racing machinery. The Test & Tune / Adv. DE will be divided into run groups of Racers or Advance Drivers.
Pittsburgh International Race Complex (Pitt Race) is a 20-minute drive north of the Pittsburgh International Airport with easy access from the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Exit 13). The circuit was expanded in 2015 and now boasts nineteen corners, over 100 feet in elevation change and is now 2.8 miles in length! The circuit offers plenty of challenges for even the most experienced driver. This event will use the full 2.8 mile combined circuit.
This Open Lapping day is for registered Club Race entrants and ARPCA approved solo drivers / instructors only. If you haven't participated with ARPCA on a lapping day and would like to, please contact Drake Core, ARPCA chief instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Safety / Tech Information
Please read this information carefully as there has been changes for 2017!
- HELMET – 2010 or 2015 SNELL rating REQUIRED with SNELL sticker attached. SNELL SA standard strongly recommended but SNELL M helmets are acceptable. DOT-rated helmets are not acceptable. Please do not arrive with a SNELL 2005 helmet as you will not be allowed to participate!
- SEATBELTS – As a minimum the vehicle shall have the OEM restraints. If you have chosen to install 5 or 6-point harnesses, be mindful that the proper installation of these will require several changes to the automobile to create a safe occupant system. Harnesses must include an anti-submarine strap and be mounted in an approved manner consistent with the harness manufacturer instructions. A seat designed for use with harnesses will have pass-throughs for the correct routing of the harness; both through the back and seat. Equal restraint systems are required for both driver and passenger. Harnesses will be checked for expiration date compliance. Any expired harness will be granted a “one-time pass” to participate in that event but vehicle will not be allowed to be used at subsequent ARPCA events without replacement.
- ROLL BAR – All “non-fixed-metal” roofed cars must have OEM rollover protection (e.g. 996 and later Cabriolets, Boxsters etc.) or a proper roll bar that passes the “broomstick test”. Convertibles will run with the top up or occupants will wear arm restraints.
- AGE – Drivers must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license.
- CO-DRIVER – If two drivers will be sharing a car, only one of them may be a novice participating in the "D" run group.
- CAR SAFETY – The driver of the vehicle is responsible for the proper preparation and operation of the vehicle. All registered drivers will receive a link to ARPCA’s Vehicle Safety Inspection form, which is to be completed by a third-party automotive repair/inspection facility, signed by them,and brought to the event. All non-instructor-driven vehicles will be required to pass tech inspection at the track. No refunds will be given for failure to pass tech inspection. You will be allowed to remedy any failed items and resubmit your vehicle for approval.
- CARS THAT ARE NOT PERMITTED – All open-wheeled cars are prohibited. Cars with fenders attached to the suspension (e.g. Lotus 7/Caterham) and not attached to the body of the car in at least two locations are prohibited.
Should there be any question about the suitability of a vehicle please contact the ARPCA Safety/Tech chairman at Safety@ARPCA.com.
Be alert for new safety procedures in 2017! Details will be emailed to drivers closer to the events.
Tell us about your abilities:
In order to place you correctly, please make sure your driving resume is up to date in Motorsport Reg. A suggested structure is below:
Please make sure that your logbook of experience in your member profile is current. We will use this information to evaluate your experience and track driving abilities so as to correctly place you into your proper run group.
There will be an open lapping day on Thursday October 12 before the Club Race. Drivers who qualify for the lapping day are not provided an instructor and therefore a demonstration of a high level of experience and skill is required to qualify. Club Racers will be approved.
All current ARPCA Instructors are automatically accepted. If you have attended an ARPCA lapping day event before at this track you will also be accepted. Club Racers will be given priority in registration in order to practice for the event.
For all others, indicate your interest in attending the lapping day when completing the registration form. Please make sure that your logbook of experience in your member profile is current. We will use this to evaluate your ability to qualify. We may also ask for a recommendation from the Chief Instructor of your Region and will contact you by e-mail, if we need your CI’s contact information. Lapping days are operated as open track days and we are very careful to only have qualified participants at these events. This precaution is done to insure the enjoyment but primarily the safety of all who will be sharing the track on Friday.
Costs and Options:
- Advanced Solo Lapping Day Cost: $225.00
- Garages are available for rental directly from the track. Those interested in garage rental will be provided information to contact the track directly.
- RV / Trailer hookup rented directly from track. Those interested in electrical hookups will be provided information to contact the track directly.
You will be asked for a credit card when you register. We will charge your credit card on or about Sept 1, 2017 after your registration has been reviewed and approved by the event chairs. Registration fees after this date will be charged immediately.
You may adjust your registration on-line. Any additional charges will be reviewed and charged as appropriate to your credit card. If refunds are appropriate we will credit your credit card. Any refunds will be subject to the standard cancellation policy shown below.
Our refund policy has changed!
Our Refund policy: We do not charge your card until 45 days in advance of the event. After that date, the fee to cancel is $100.00 until 2 weeks before the event.
No refunds are provided less than fourteen (14) days in advance of the event. No refunds will be provided for any type of mechanical failure of your vehicle which reduces your track time or eliminates your ability to participate in the event entirely.
- Changes can be made for free until Sept 1, 2017
- Your credit card is charged Sept 2, 2017
- One Hundred dollar ($100.00) cancel fee in effect Sept 2, through Sept 29, 2017
- No refunds provided after Sept 29, 2017.
Note: Event occurs rain or shine unless track management closes the circuit for any reason they deem sufficient.