About this event
Join us for the CVR PCA AutoX!
Autocross is an exciting form of motorsport held at typical street and highway speeds. It emphasizes precise car control in a low-cost, friendly and safe competition that is very gentle on your car. Learn and rapidly refine advanced driving skills and techniques in the non-threatening and safe environment of a course marked by traffic cones in a large parking lot. Through the included AutoX-University lessons, you are encouraged and coached by advanced driving instructors about the basics and the fine points of driving to the edge of your and your car's limits. Each Autocross course is designed to optimize the featured AutoX-U driving skills taught that day so that you learn Better Driving...Faster! Enjoy your car's handling like nowhere else and discover the fun and camaraderie of CVR autocross events. It is recommended to drive autocross before your first Drivers Education event since the skills are directly transferable.
CVR PCA AutoX is open to all Porsche Club of America members. Non-PCA member drivers must be an invited guest of a PCA member driving at the event. PCA members are allowed to invite up to two non-members per event.
Online Registration Fees:
Due to Covid, no walk-up registrations will be allowed.
New Covid Procedures:
Safety of our members, friends and the community is our highest priority. We will respectfully be following all of the latest covid guidelines to make sure this event remains fun for all. Everyone is asked to respect these new safety measures. We all need to do our part:
- Bring your own mask, hand sanitizer, gloves, pen, garbage bag, and use them. Don't forget the usual things like your own water, food, sun-screen, chair.
- Thoughtfully use your sanitizer and gloves for your work shift (flag handles, timing/scoring areas, pylons, etc.). While virus transmittal risk from sun baked items may be low, please be respectfully cautious.
- The main tent will be roped off to maintain distance for the timing and scoring people. Bring your own shade if desired (properly weighted tent, umbrella, big hat?).
- NEW: Pre-registration on Motorsport.reg.com is required! No walk-up registration will be allowed.
- Due to Covid, you may cancel at any time, including that morning, with a full refund or credit. Please do so as soon as you can so that we can re-plan the schedule without you.
- Use "Air fist pumps" and "Air-Fives" instead of handshakes.
- Limited loaner helmets will be exclusively reserved on a first come basis by emailing Paul Kudra firstname.lastname@example.org. It is preferred that you order your own Snell 2010, 2015, or 2020 helmet on-line. Buy the latest Snell rated helmet you can so it remains valid the longest. The Snell “SA” (Special Application) rating is preferred since it is for car motorsports.
- Instruction will be done out-of-car, except for rare same-household Instructor/student situations.
Each AutoX will stand on its own. No AutoX Championship or Hoffman Cup Run-Off will be held in 2020. Please thank Hoffman Porsche as you can this year with service or purchases to show our gratitude for their long term support of CVR.
Due to Covid, the CVR AutoX Championship and Hoffman Cup Run-Off will not be held in 2020. We thank Hoffman Porsche for all of their support and ask our members to return that support in these tough times. Thank you Hoffman Porsche!
CVR AutoX is run with an emphasis on event safety. Full details can be found in the AutoX rules.
AutoX and Novice Info:
CVR AutoX events emphasize learning Better Driving...Faster! Events are designed so that drivers with all levels of experience feel welcomed, enjoy the day, and go home a better, safer driver. Senior CVR AutoX instructors are available all day to provide out-of-car coaching, except for same household instructor/students, and provide advanced driving tips. Loaner helmets available at all events for new drivers if you email in advance to reserve one (subject to first come availability). To see more AutoX and novice information, click here.
Drivers are responsible for the proper classing of their vehicle. CVR AutoX run to PCA Parade Competition Regulations (PCR's) for Medium Sized Regions. Full classification rules can be found here.
- Novice class: This class is for new drivers participating in a Porsche. Drivers may stay in this class for 3 events or until they win the class, whichever is first.
- Other class: This class is for any non-Porsche car.
Fill out the requested information to finish online registration. Pre-Registration will close at midnight, the Wednesday before the event in order to help us set-up the event. Your credit card will be charged the Thursday or Friday before the event. Once charged, there are no refunds. You may register the morning of the event at the higher rate.
Junior Participation Program (minors under 18): Please email the registrar before completing the online registration.
|7:15-7:45||Arrive at Event|
|7:45-8:15||Check-in and course walk|
First Car Off
Hoffman Cup Start
|3:00-4:00||Last Runs & Trophies|
Continue to check in at the CVR AutoX website for directions, details about the 2020 season, event results, and any updates! We run rain or shine (unless it is an all day monsoon) to help enhance dry and wet driving skills.