About this event
Ice Dice is a timed driving competition in which entrants drive one at a time along a course defined by cones. The course is on a mixture of ice and snow.
McGregor Lake. Access has been granted through a private property 5 minutes south of Milo Alberta. Details will be provided after your registration has been confirmed. Spectators are not allowed at this location.
$70 for CSCC or WCMA affiliated club members. $95 for the general public. Online registration only.
- 8:00 - 09:00: *Registration
- 09:00 - 09:15: *Drivers Meeting
- 09:15 - 09:30: Course Lead-Follow - All cars will follow a lead onto the ice and through the course before parking in the paddock.
- 09:45 - 13:00: Driving
- 13:00 - 13:30: Lunch
- 13:45 - 16:00: Driving
- 16:00 - 16:15: Wrap-up Meeting
- 16:15 - 17:00: Fun Runs and Teardown
Lunch will be ordered from a local business in the area. We do recommend that you bring your own assortment of drinks and snacks to keep yourself fed throughout the rest of the day. At the present time we are unable to accommodate specific dietary requirements.
Motorsport is a privilege, not a right. We are here to demonstrate that motorsport can be conducted in an organized, responsible, and respectful manner. We have zero tolerance for:
- Not observing traffic laws in the area.
- Littering (e.g. car parts, cigarettes, garbage, food, vehicle fluids, etc.).
- Mistreatment or disrespect of organizers, other competitors, or the other users of the lake.
- Racing off the track, burn outs, revving engines unnecessarily, or stunting on the lake or within the surrounding community.
- Possession, use, or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Driving on private property off the designated routes.
- You are responsible for your guests, if they display any of the above behaviours, you and they will be asked to leave.
It is extremely difficult to get venues for motorsports these days. There is zero tolerance for the above behaviours because venues have been lost because of them. You'll notice that we have to go a long way from Calgary to run CSCC events these days. We will not tolerate any individual disrespecting our neighbours and risking our venues.
Event cancellation is subject to the condition of the ice and the windchill. As this is a winter event, expect the weather to be cold; you can't go wrong by dressing like it's -40 degrees. The event will only be run if the organizers consider the ice thickness and conditions to be safe. Events will also be cancelled if the weather is too warm due to previous damage to private property when vehicles were driven off designated routes. If we cancel the event, you will receive a credit for a future event.
When you are not driving or in the staging area you are expected to work as a track marshal. Your times will only be recorded if you work when you are not running.
This includes activities that might spill hazardous materials onto the ice. For example, refueling.
While your vehicle is in the paddock area it must be parked on a tarp in order to avoid fluid and leakage spills from under vehicles. Be prepared to clean any spills from your tarp at the end of the day before leaving the ice. Take all rags and trash away with you.
Helmets must be worn by all occupants of the car while the the car is on the track.
Helmets must be worn for all track and autocross events. Helmets certified as meeting the most current or the two most recent applicable Snell, FIA, or SFI standards are acceptable.
- FIA 8859-2015, FIA 8860-2018 and ABP
- Snell 2020 SA, or 2020 M, Snell 2015 SA, or 2015 M
- SFI Foundation 31.1/2020, SFI Foundation 31.1/2015 (not valid after 31.12.2025)
- SFI Foundation 41.1/2020, SFI Foundation 41.1/2015 (not valid after 31.12.2025)
- ECE 22.05 (expiry: ten years after date of manufacture as noted on unaltered, helmet label)
- ECE 22.06 (expiry: ten years after date of manufacture as noted on unaltered, helmet label)
(No loaner helmets are available through the club at the moment. Sharing or donations of acceptable helmets are welcome.)
All season, all weather, and summer tires are not permitted. Cars are classed based on choice of studded or unstudded tires, and drive: FWD, RWD, or AWD.
Studded tires produced by a tire manufacturer (such as the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9), that are DOT approved for use on public roads may be used. These tires must retain, the original amount and type of stud installed at time of manufacture and must not be modified.
Tires in which studs are installed subsequent to the manufacturing process may also be used and the following conditions must be met.
- (a) Studs must protrude no more than 3.5mm from the tread face, and meet the Tire stud Manufacturers Index (TSMI) specifications on size 12, 13, 15 or 16. Stud construction shall have a single base flange, a cylindrical body, and carbide tip with maximum diameter of 2.5mm.
- (b) The studs must be mounted in DOT tires that are designated by the manufacturer as studdable and are produced with moulded holes for the purpose of stud retention.
- (c) There may only be a maximum of 130 studs per tire, regardless of tire size.
- (d) Adhesive may be used to affix the stud into the tire.
- (e) Homemade, competition, specialty, off road or custom studs are not permitted.
All vehicles must have an exhaust system installed including a muffler. Excessively noisy vehicles may be refused entry or asked to leave. We plan to monitor sound levels during the events. Keeping the noise down is important as people live beside the lake.
We ask that you keep the exact location private as our series is generously based out of a local resident's backyard, in the middle of a community that backs onto the lake. The community surrounding the lake has requested we do our best to ensure they're not subjected to motorsport on the lake beyond our pre-arranged events. Failure to keep this location private will result in total loss of access to the club.
Either download, print and bring the following forms to registration on the day of the event:
Personal Waiver Waiver, General_En_Autoslalom.pdf
If the entrant is under 18 years of age, two waivers need to be signed
- Parental Consent Waiver (if entrant is under 18 years of age) Stoneridge_Parental_Consent.pdf
- Minor Waiver (must be filled out by entrant under 18 years of age) StoneRidge_Minor_Waiver.pdf
Safety Plan: 2024IceDiceSafetyPlan.pdf