About this event
NOTE: This event is for current BMW CCA members only. And is limited to 40 cars.
Linn County Covered Bridges Drive
June 13 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
It’s been a few years since we have visited the covered bridges of Linn County. So this covered bridges drive is a return to where it all started plus some added adventures in Marion County. The drive started in 2013 as a fall colors tour but has since evolved into two different events. The drive is more laid back but there are curvy sections mixed in with the picturesque settings. We will start with some curves near Turner then drive thru Jefferson on our way to Scio and Crabtree. We will take a break in Larwood Park and see the Larwood Bridge up close. Then we will shoot through the Richardson Gap on our way to Jordan. Then we’ll head out to Mehama and cross the Santiam River. On the way back we will avoid OR-22 and I-5 and instead see the quaint towns of Shaw, and Pratum. This is a great drive where we will cross 5 covered bridges. At times we will carve corners and other times will be a Sunday drive to soak up the pretty surroundings. This drive really does have it all!
And if you don’t mind a little wait, this is your chance to experience In-N-Out Burger for lunch after the Drive (its right next to the Target where we are starting/ending the Drive)!
We will meet around 9:00am at the Target in Keizer Station Shopping Center in Keizer, OR. The Target is at 6450 Keizer Station Blvd. Keizer, OR 97303
We will have a MANDATORY Drivers’ meeting at 9:30am to explain the route and safety rules. We will head out shortly thereafter.
1. All drivers MUST be pre-registered online and be a current BMW CCA member at the time of registration AND the day of the Drive. Passengers do NOT need a separate registration.
2. Face Masks are encouraged for the unvaccinated while outside of vehicles during the event.
3. Drivers and passengers should stay with their cars until registration is complete.
4. All drivers AND passengers MUST sign the electronic waiver prior to the event.
5. Registration is limited to 40 cars.
6. Drivers meeting at 9:30am is mandatory.
7. Restaurants have rules/regulations for COVID safety. Face Masks may be required. Make sure you have yours handy!
End of Drive:
There are numerous restaurant choices in Keizer Station that have drive thru, takeout, or dine in. Some options are;
- In-N-Out Burger (Recommend to go inside and get take out versus the notoriously slow drive-thru.)
- Bargarten Bavarian Social Haus
- Outback Steakhouse
- Hops N Drops
- Panera Bread
- Café Yumm
- All drivers MUST be pre-registered online by 6/11 and be a current BMW CCA member. No "Day Of" participation allowed.
- Passengers do NOT need a separate registration, but MUST sign the online waiver.
- Face Masks are recommended for non-vaccinated participants while outside of vehicles during the event.
- Registration is limited to 40 cars
- ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST SIGN THE ELECTRONIC WAIVER ONLINE PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
How it works
It all happens on the participants’ personal phones. No physical contact required.
Request an electronic waiver via text message.
Sign the waiver using your own smartphone. No sharing required.
Show your digital credential at the event.