Coatesville Vintage GP VolunteersCoatesville VGP Street Course
About this event
LUCKY SEVENTH ANNUAL COATESVILLE INVITATIONAL VINTAGE GRAND PRIX
The popular Coatesville Invitational Vintage Grand Prix will return to the streets of Coatesville, PA for an exhibition of speed featuring vintage race cars and motorcycles.
BMC is proud to continue managing all technical aspects of this driving event. Our volunteer staff made 2022's event run more smoothly than ever, and earned thanks from drivers and riders. If you've volunteered in the past, THANK YOU!
Once again, we need your help in providing staff for technical and safety management of the driving event, such as tech inspection, flagging, grid and track marshalling, communications, and similar tasks. Please sign up here only if you want to help with the technical management of the driving portion of the event. If you wish to volunteer for roles such as event promotion, displays, hospitality, or other tasks related to the overall social event, please visit the CVGP website.
This is a great opportunity to experience these historic race vehicles up close, being driven the way they were meant to be, at no cost to you! We anticipate as many as 60 vintage cars and 24 vintage motorcycles in the following classes:
- Group 1: 1900-1950 Open Wheel Race Cars
- Group 2: 1950-1983 4- and 6- Cylinder Race Cars
- Group 3: 1950-1983 6-, 8-, and 12-Cylinder Race Cars
- Group 4: 1900-1983 Motorcycles - 500cc and Under
- Group 5: 1900-1983 Motorcycles - Over 500cc
Experience as a corner worker / track marshal for racing events is a plus, but anyone who has worked on course at an autocross will have basic knowledge of tasks and conditions involved. We will make every effort to change work stations during the day for a varied experience.
Volunteers will be needed from approximately 7:00a until 4:00p on the day of the event. Lapping sessions are expected to begin at 8:30a, with a half hour break for lunch. Lapping sessions will end at 3:00p.
MARSHAL T-shirt to wear during the event. The commemorative T-shirt is yours to keep.
Lunch and refreshments. BMC will provide food and water for our volunteer workers.
Individual 1-year membership in BMC - good through 2024 (a $20+ value - members receive discounted entry fees for other BMC events).
Last year, a nearby hotel offered discounted rates for volunteers. Details are not available yet, but we anticipate that this offer will be repeated for 2023. We will post information as it becomes available.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- BMC will provide a high-visibility T-shirt and/or safety vest to wear while working. The T-shirt will be yours to keep.
- BMC will provide training and safety guidelines before the event.
- Volunteers will be responsible for tasks related to safety and management of the driving event itself.
- Volunteers will not be responsible for crowd control, track setup or takedown, etc.
- All entrants, crew, marshals / course workers, and guests must sign a release and waiver of liability.
- If you have any questions, please contact the event administrator. Thank you.