Chicago Region SCCA Time Trial at Fall SprintsBlackhawk Farms Raceway
About this event
TIMED EVENT FOR ADVANCED AND INTERMEDIATE DRIVERS ONLY.
Come to drive. Stay for racing and the end-of-season party.
Test your skills at this Time Trial at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. This event takes place on the Saturday of SCCA Chicago Region's Fall Sprints races. It is a timed event for advanced and intermediate drivers only. Participants are invited to stay after their sessions end and attend the post-race party and dinner.
The fee is $155 for members for three 20-minute sessions. It's $170 for nonmembers. Not a member? Join now. Transponder rental is $30. You may use your own transponder. You can also use a personal lap timer, but your times will not be recorded or published. Safety equipment requirements are the same as for a non-timed Track Day.
7:00 - 10:00 a.m. Check-in
10:30 a.m. Mandatory drivers' meeting
11:25 - 11:45 a.m. Session 1
11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Lunch
12:45 - 1:05 p.m. Session 2
5:25 - 5:45 p.m. Session 3
Although an SCCA Time Trials license is not required, we are urging everyone who registers to get one. Visit the Time Trials "Driver Eligibility and Licenses" page of SCCA.com to apply. We will accept Time Trials licenses from other organizations. If you have one, please bring it with you when you check in at the event.
Before you sign up, please make sure your driving resume on Motorsportreg is up-to-date so that we can confirm that you are an intermediate or advanced driver.
Hope to see you there!
CHICAGO REGION, SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA, INC. PRESENTS
Level 2 Time Trial (TT) September 7, 2019, at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, Rockton, Ill.
Member, pre-registered: $155
Member, at the track: $180
Nonmember, pre-registered (includes $15 weekend membership): $170
Nonmember, at the track: $195
This Level 2 Time Trial (TT), Sanction No. 19-TTRG-7843, 9/7/2019 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, Rockton, Ill. is organized by the Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc. (SCCA) and will be held under the current SCCA Time Trial Rules and official updates, except as modified by these Supplemental Regulations. Please read full rule set at: https://www.scca.com/pages/scca-track-events - "Track Event Rules."
Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc.
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Chief Steward: George Laws
Chief Registrar: Linda Novak
The registrar for this event is
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
Pre-Registered At the Track Weekend Membership*
$155 $180 $15
*All participants are required to be SCCA members. Anyone who does not have an annual membership on their person will be required to purchase a weekend membership on site.
All drivers must be at least 16 years of age and possess a current valid driver's license issued by his or her state of residence. Any driver under 18 must be a full SCCA member and have a Minor Annual Waiver SCCA Notary 1068 Form on file with the National SCCA office. The original document must be submitted and processed by the SCCA National office before the driver attends the event.
All drivers need to present a completed tech inspection sheet and helmet to registration at the event.
Pertinent dates for this event (all dates 2018):
Opening date for receipt of entries 12:01 AM CDT — August 15
Online registration closes 11:59 PM CDT — September 5
Cancellation fee is $10 until 11:59 PM CDT, September 5; after that time, the cancellation fee is $50.
Entry fee will not be refunded after 11:59 PM CDT, September 5; instead it will be credited toward future Track Events.
Registration and technical inspection 7:00 - 10:00 AM
Mandatory drivers meeting 10:30 AM
On track activities commence 11:25 AM
Debrief and summary session After Checkered Flag
- Drivers may be held responsible for damages to property, including track and environmental damage.
- All registrants will be given car number stickers, which must be placed on the upper area of the windshield of all participating vehicles.
- All convertibles must have a factory recognized roll over structure or SCCA GCR legal rollover protection, unless pre-approved prior to the event.
- All participants must have a Snell M-2005 or better helmet. Loaner helmets may be available at the event.
- All competitors must secure transponders to participating vehicles. Competitors may use their own transponders with approval from staff. Transponders will also be available for rent for $30 each.
Below are the Blackhawk Farms Raceway track rules. They are considered part of these supplementary regulations and are enforceable as such.
ATTACHED TO AND MADE APART OF THE TRACK RENTAL AGREEMENT
BETWEEN BLACKHAWK FARMS RACEWAY, L.L.C. AND
SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA (SCCA) & CHICAGO REGION, LESSEE:
- NOISE POLLUTION REGULATION: No race car or engine, including showroom cars
with open exhaust, shall be run before 8:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m. on any weekend day or
not before 9:00 a.m. or after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays (Monday through Friday). All racing
or on-track activities shall be conducted at a decibel level not in excess of 103 decibels as
measured Fifty (50) feet from the track.
- GATE PASS REQUIREMENT: A Pass indicating you have registered for the event must
be presented to the Guard to allow your entry onto the property of Blackhawk Farms
- All minors must be under direct parental or acting guardian supervision at all times.
- Drivers/Riders are responsible for the conduct of their crews and guests.
- ALL PET ANIMALS MUST BE LEASHED OR CONFINED.
- No two or three wheeled vehicles are allowed except for race officials' use or as race
support vehicles. Only licensed drivers 16 and above may operate race support vehicles
or golf carts.
- Our Concession Stand will be available for most events. Gas, oil, water and air are
available. Souvenirs and other consumables are available in Pit Stop.
- ALL TRASH MUST be placed in receptacles provided. Environmentally hazardous
waste MUST be disposed of in appropriate receptacles. All used tires MUST be removed
or the organization will be charged for their disposal.
- All drivers and members will be responsible for notifying crews and guests concerning
the hours of registration. A closing time will be included on the entry form.
- All karts must utilize a mat while on the grid awaiting a start in order to prevent fluids
from dripping onto the track surface.
- Electric power is available. Tags for the outlets will be issued at time of plug-in and
payment arrangements can be made either with security or in Pit Stop.
- All drivers, members, officials and spectators must comply with the Pit Vehicle Policy of
BFR; including the purchase and display for a Pit Vehicle Pass for each unit present on
ALL CONCESSION ITEM REQUISITES
BLACKHAWK FARMS RACEWAY LLC at