About this event
Performance Driving Experience
Back roads, late night drives on the highway, and the one off ramp that you take faster than the posted speed limit. If you relate to the items listed above, then you are a perfect candidate to sign up for a Performance Driving Experience.
Ever noticed the phrase “Professional Driver on a Closed Course” at the bottom of your TV screen during an ad? We have a closed course; come be the driver!
A PDX event provides the unique opportunity to bring your car on a real racetrack. Do you want to improve your driving skills? Do you want to learn how to better control your car at a higher rate of speed than is legal on public roads? All you need to participate in a PDX event is a registered streetcar, valid drivers license, and a helmet.
You Will Be A Better Driver
First and foremost, a PDX event is about you driving your car. Our primary focus is the safety of you and your car. Getting you as much seat time as possible with instruction is our next goal, so you can become more comfortable behind the wheel of your car at speed.
*If you bring people along, be sure to remind them to ask about “Instructor Ride Along” opportunities available to them for a small fee while they are on site.
What is the schedule at one of the PDX Events?
First you would make sure that you and your car qualify for a PDX event. You must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver license. Convertibles***, unless they are equipped with a hard top or an approved roll bar/hoop, are not allowed. Vehicles with other removable tops (t-tops, targa tops, etc.) must meet appropriate safety regulations. Be sure to check this link to Level 1 PDX Rules. Next, register by following the link on this page.
Note: *** The 2002 Porsche Boxster, the Honda S2000 and the MINI Cooper Convertibles have been approved by the manufacturer as having factory rollover protection and may enter a SCCA Track Day (PDX) Event.
For this event, plan on getting to the track by 8:00 AM. Once you arrive at the track, you will check in, park, unload your vehicle, and prepare it for the track. Next you will need to get your car inspected, and then report to the classroom for a drivers briefing. Once that briefing is over, usually no more than 30 minutes time, the rest of the event should be spent behind the wheel of your car, or riding along with your instructor to gain a better understanding of the track, the proper line, and driving tips. These tips are provided by qualified instructors, most of whom have years of actual racing experience. We have the track from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Should I do anything before I arrive at a PDX?
CHICAGO REGION, SPORTS CAR CLUB OF AMERICA, INC. PRESENTS
- The Level I Time Trial (PDX) October 14, 2012, at Blackhawk farms Raceway, Rockton, Illinois.
- Time Trial Sanction No: 12-PDX-22587-S
- This event is organized by the Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc., (SCCA), and will be held under the current SCCA Time Trial Rules and official updates, except as modified by these Supplemental Regulations.
Name and address of organizers:
Chicago Region, Sports Car Club of America, Inc.
921 Lawn Circle
Western Springs, IL 60558-2262
- Chief Steward: George Laws
- Time Trial Safety Steward: Rick Bentson
Chief Registrar: Linda Novak
Co-Chief Driving Instructors: Erik Vandermey and Patrick Morgan
- This is a Level 1 Time Trial Event. All drivers must be 18 years of age and possess a current valid driver's license issued by his or her state of residence. PDX Group Assignments will be made at the event.
- Registration for this event is online only at www.MotorsportReg.com. Emails will not be accepted as entries.
The registrar for this event is:
210 S. Haman Road
Inverness, IL. 60010
Phone: (847) 934-3905
- If you cannot register on line, you must fill out the entire entry form. Please mail the forms with your payment by check, to the registrar.
- Entry fees: Pre-registered: $50
At the Track: $80
Weekend Membership*: $15
*All Competitors are required to be SCCA Members. Anyone who does not have an annual membership on their person will be required to purchase a weekend membership on site.
Pertinent dates for this event (all dates 2012):
Opening date for receipt of entries: 12 AM CDT - September 1
Online registration closes: 12 Noon CDT - October 12
Late Fee $30: On/After October 7
Cancellation Fee $10: until October 7
Cancellation Fee $50: after 12 Noon CDT October 12
- Please read full rule set at: http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2012_Level_1_PDX.pdf
- The sound limit for this event is 103dB.
The below radio frequencies are reserved for race operations and may not be used by competitors. Race officials reserve the right to designate other frequencies for race administration.
150.890 151.625 151.895 154.570 154.600 451.825 452.750 456.825 456.900 457.075 457.750 463.225 464.325 464.375 464.525 468.225 469.325 469.375 469.525
- Drivers may be held responsible for damages to property, including track and environmental damage.
- All tow vehicles/trailers must be parked perpendicular to the paddock road.
- When entering the track from the pits, drivers must keep their cars to the left of the blend line until it ends. When leaving the pits, scrubbing of tires is not permitted until past the end of the blend line.
- There will be a mandatory driver’s meeting at the media center at 10:00 AM.
- Convertibles and cars with Targa tops must have roll over protection that meets section 11.1 of the Time Trials Rules.
- All participants must have a Snell M-2000 or better helmet. Loaner Helmets may be available at the event.
- PDX groupings and speed limits will be determined by the Chief Driving Instructor.
- Attendees should plan on being at the track by 8:00 A.M. Schedule 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Registration from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. On track sessions to be determined at the track. Safety inspection from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM. On track sessions begin at 11:00 AM.
Vehicles must be cars eligible for street license (pickup trucks, SUVs, vans, and minivans prohibited). If the car is not eligible for street licensure, then it must fit into one of the following GCR or Solo Categories:
GCR Categories Solo Categories Showroom Stock Stock Touring Street Prepared Improved Touring Street Touring Spec Miata Street Modified
Attached are the Blackhawk Farms Raceway track rules. They are considered part of these supplementary regulations, and are enforceable as such. Special Time Trial amendments to these rules:
- On track hours will be per schedule and/or adjusted as needed for event operations
- No race engines may be run past 15 minutes after the last checkered flag of each day or the time published in the track rules, whichever is later. All competitors must vacate the premises by 7:00PM