About this event
Work a bunch…and earn your lunch!
Come join Team Redwood on Thursday October 5th for:
•A one-hour driving tour to the Redwood Empire Food Bank (REFB) warehouse in Windsor
•A 3-hour shift working to help the hungry of Sonoma, Mendocino, and Lake counties
•A hosted lunch entrée at Barley & Bine Beer Café in Windsor
You’ll sign up on BOTH MSR and REFB websites to volunteer as one of our 20 Team Redwood workers – all free!
•Meet at 8:30 am in the Kaffe Mocha parking lot in Windsor (397 Aviation Blvd Windsor, CA 95403)
•8:50 am circle driving tour to the REFB Warehouse (3990 Brickway Blvd Santa Rosa, CA 95403)
•10 am – 1 pm warehouse shift at the state-of-the-art REFB in Windsor
•1 pm lunch at Barley & Bine Beer Café (7765 Bell Rd Windsor, CA 95492).
Redwood PCA will buy your flatbread, wrap, or salad (you buy your beverage)
About the volunteer shift at the Food Bank:
- This is our special Redwood Region Porsche Club signup link
- The warehouse is clean and well kept but it is also air conditioned, so you may want a light jacket, vest, or a long sleeved shirt to start. You may warm up working though so dress in layers!
- Wear closed-toed shoes rather than sandals.
- Bring a (full) water bottle with you to have nearby during your work shift, and any snacks you may want.
- Restrooms are available and very nice.
- You will be on your feet for the whole 2-3 hour shift, and need to be able to lift up to 20 pounds on a repetitive basis.
- Parking is available at the front of the building.