About this event
RallyCross is Back!
Central Florida SCCA RallyCross opens the 2021 year with its annual Two-Day Drivers' School and Test'n'Tune event - two full days of back-to-back Seat Time and RallyCross Fun! Hosted at the St. Lucie County Fairgrounds, enjoy a no-pressure event where you can test out various car (and driver!) configurations, try out new ways of taking that tricky corner, and swap tips and tricks with other drivers in this event. Perfect for both new and experienced drivers alike!
Saturday will be an open Test-and-Tune session where we will set up multiple course elements across the fields, and you can practice your skills and test your vehicle and tune your car for the upcoming 2021 season
On Sunday, put that Tune to the Test and run a full mock event from start to finish - a no-points no-pressure event with full grid, timing and course worker stations. We will be going over Safety, Course Working, Event Flow, and Driver and Worker orientations.
But Wait, There's More!
Saturday Evening (January 30th) we will also be hosting a RallyCross Dinner Social and Awards Ceremony to hand out the coveted Season Points Trophies from the 2020 season! The event will be held at 2nd Street Bistro in Fort Pierce, just a stone's throw away from the Fairgrounds - Event Registration is not required and you do not need to be winning a trophy to attend, this event is open to all!
Stay in Comfort
We have partnered with the Fort Pierce Holiday Inn Express for a group rate offered specifically to CFR SCCA RallyCross Attendees:
Make your reservation today at (772)464-5000, for your special rate refer to:
Central FL SCCA Rally Cross or booking code: CFR
PLEASE READ BELOW FOR IMPORTANT CHANGES TO OUR REGISTRATION AND EVENT PROCEDURES DUE TO COVID-19
What to Do:
- Novices are always welcome!
- Show up early (before 8:00 AM), so you can:
Check-In at Registration (you must check-in even if you have pre-registered)
- All drivers must check-in at the registration tent prior to the close of registration for that event, even if you have pre-registered.
- Only ONE PERSON will be permitted at the registration tent at a time. Please form an orderly queue leaving at least 6 feet of separation between you and other drivers
- Registration is mandatory for all attendees, including Volunteers, Workers and Spectators
- CASH payments will not be accepted - Please contact us if you need to arrange an alternate method of payment
- You must correctly wear a mask or other face covering during check-in, tech inspection, and at any time where you are in close proximity to other people.
Prepare your car as needed
- Remove loose items including floor mats
- Finish all pre-race changes (Tires, etc) BEFORE your vehicle is inspected
- Put your number and class on both sides of the car in a contrasting color - We have temporary number decals available that meet all these requirements!
- Registration will CLOSE and Tech Inspections will begin about 9:00 AM - your car must pass tech inspection and your helmet (if you are not using a loaner) must have a 2021 CFR RX Sticker (indicating that it has been inspected for this season)
- Participating in the mandatory “Novice Walk Through” conducted by one of the Event Staff following the Driver's Meeting (listen for announcements).
Driver's meeting will begin about 9:30 AM
- The driver's meeting will be conducted over loudspeaker to facilitate appropriate social distancing. There may be more than one driver's meeting if regulations limit the number of people in a gathering at the time of the event.
- Breaks between run groups will be extended to allow for cleaning of radios and other shared items.
What to Bring:
- Valid Driver's License (or permit)
Valid SCCA Membership Card (or proof of membership)
- Non-Members must get a Weekend Membership through pre-paying on MSR or on-site the day of the event.
- Minors (under 18), bring a completed minor waiver, see details below
- WATER and SUNSCREEN
- Food or money for nearby food establishments (no food service will be provided at the event site).
- Bright/Light Colored Clothing for Night Races - Reflective vests are cheap and highly recommended!
- Flashlights for Night Races - You must have one when out working on the course
Why Preregister and Prepay?
- Preregistration allows you to secure your number, pay in advance, and allows for the event coordinators to better plan for the number of drivers and workers they will have for each group.
- Prepaying allows you to go through check-in much faster.
- NOTE: Everyone must check-in with registration on the day of the event.
Don’t be a “No Show” and don’t be LATE!
- "No Shows” and “LATE” check-ins slow down the event, and cause everyone to get less runs.
- Prior to the event, we use the registration list to pre-plan the event which includes deciding how many heats we are going to need, the run/work order, and the work assignments.
- Drivers wishing to check-in after registration has closed will be permitted to do so ONLY at the discretion of the Timing and Registration staff
Minors (Under 18)
- Drivers or riders who are minors (under 18) must bring a completed, notarized, minor waiver signed by BOTH parents.
- Notary is not necessary If both parents sign on-site with an SCCA official as a witness
- If parent/guardian has sole custody, only custodial parent signature is required.
- Minor attendees who are not driving or riding must have minor waiver completed by at least one parent/guardian
- Get Minor Waiver here: Minor Waiver
- Minor Waiver must be printed in color. Original will be held by CFR SCCA.
- $40 for SCCA Members
For Non-SCCA Members Only:
- $20 SCCA Weekend Membership fee - one fee covers Saturday and Sunday if it's a two-day event.
- $40 for SCCA Members