About this event
Entrants must be pre-registered on Motorsportreg (MSR). There will be no refunds issued for cancelations or no shows. Registration will be accepted on a first come first serve basis. There will be a 75 car limit for this event. Once we hit 75 cars we will start a wait list and we will notify you when space is available and you will pay at that time.
Location: 205 E Thompson Rd, Thompson, CT 06277
Please be sure to bring your own helmet as they will be required for the event.
WE CAN LOAN HELMETS
Cost For the event will be as follows:
$50.00 Members Cash
$55.00 Member Credit
$60.00 Non-Members Cash
$65.00 Non-Members Credit
Registration the day of the event is $70
If you would like to become a CART member, you can join us on our website www.cartct.com
Although not listed at the link above, the three open/Pro classes (PRO S, PRO R, PRO G) are still available as well and have not changed. Please see our website for more details on these three classes.
What should I do when I arrive?
- Sign the waiver when you enter the lot. All drivers and crew must sign the waiver and have a wristband.
- Find a spot to part. There will be a few cars already there so find a spot and start emptying everything out of your car including floormats, garbage and the spare tire.
- Walk the course! The more you walk the course the better so find a CART officer and introduce yourself and we will be more than happy to give pointers on how to get the most our of your car
- Confirming registration at the trailer will begin and be called out on the speakers. Registration will close at 10:00 no late registrations will be accepted.
- All attendees will be required to work at least one work shift per event. You will be assigned a work assignment when you check in at the trailer. Failure to work your assigned shift will result in loss of ALL recorded times. Multiple violations will result in an entrant being banned from our events.
How do I get numbers on my car?
- If you dont have painters tape then ask a member if they have some that you can use. Use tape when you get assigned your numbers and speak to us about getting better quality numbers and magnets.
- Car numbers should be 8 inches high, class letters should be 4 inches. Car number is required and the class is recommended so others can easily see what C class you are in.
Whats with the C classes?
- C classes are based on your SCCA class. Every production car has an SCCA class and at CART we group classes together so you will always have someone you are racing against. No one car classes here! Some of our classes will have 6-8 cars in a class and very close in times.
What car cant I bring to an autocross?
- Any car (street legal or race) may compete. No trucks, SUV’s motorcycles, horses or shifter carts can compete.
- All cars must be in good mechanical condition. This includes brakes and mechanically secured battery (no elastic cord). All cars must be muffled to a level determined by the Event Chair or any Officer.
How old do you have to be to do an autocross?
- Minimum age to compete is 18 years old for non club member participants and 16 years old for paid club members (any club members 16 and 17 years old must be accompanied by a paid member parent and have a waiver signed by said parent prior to competing). All drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
Do I need a helmet?
- Helmets are required WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND BRINGING YOUR OWN. Every helmet must conform to SCCA Helmet Requirements (https://www.scca.com/pages/rules-and-regulations)
- Helmets must be in good condition (no cracks)
Do I have to be a member?
- You dont have to be a member to participate. Memberships to the club can be purchased on www.cartct.com.
- Membership will keep you in the loop for other events and deals and discounts that we run on merchandise.
- Membership also pays for the parties and the lot fees that we use to book lots.
C.A.R.T. maintains a good neighbor policy: any competitor or crew found driving in the pits or on the street in an unsafe manner will be ejected, and forfeit any fees paid. Vehicles that are judged to be too loud will receive one warning to correct the problem before they will not be allowed to run. Drivers exhibiting unsafe driving skills on or off the property will be banned from future events.