CART Autocross #10 at ThompsonThompson Speedway Motorsports Park
About this event
This Private Autocross will be held September 26th 2021. This event will have a 100 car limit. Entrants will be required to be a CART member, you can join CART on our website www.cartct.com . Entrants must be pre registered on MSR, and have a valid CART membership. Once we hit 100 cars we will start a wait list. If you register on the waiting list we will notify when space is available and you will pay at that time. There will be no refunds issued for cancellations or no shows.
We will be accepting donations for fun runs at this event and all proceeds will be donated to Safe Haven. Recommended donations are listed below and would be helpful to benefit the Safe Havens womens shelter.
-Non-perishable food items
There will be no onsite registration or payments accepted!
All entries MUST be pre-paid.
Registration will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
Location: 205 E Thompson Rd, Thompson, CT 06277
Paddock B which can be reached by going over the bridge and bearing left going up the hill.
Registration can now be 100% completed on MSR.
ALL ENTRANTS MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED.
CART runs a PAX-grouped classing system, C0 through C6. Please refer to current SCCA SOLO rules to determine your SCCA class, and then cross reference against our CART Autocross Classing Info
Although not listed at the link above, the three open/Pro classes (PRO S, PRO R, PRO G) are still available as well and have not changed. Please see our website for more details on these three classes.
•8:00 AM – 9:00 AM Registration – CART MEMBERS receive a discount on the entry fee. CART also is pleased to offer our active duty military members, member pricing on events. You must have a current year CART issued car number to register. Car numbers are issued at the registration trailer in separate line from regular registration. Your vehicle will be classed at that time, please be prepared to inform us of modifications or changes to your car. If you already know your car’s class, it will speed up the process.
•8:30AM – 9:30 AM Registration and Vehicle Safety Inspection (Tech)
•9:30AM – Novice Walk
•9:50AM – Mandatory Driver & Crew Meeting EVERYONE PRESENT ON THE LOT MUST ATTEND
•10:00 AM – First car off. CART does not run in heats, we use a lot flagging system to direct traffic.
•Trophy presentation on site after the even and clean up
What should I do when I arrive?
- Sign the waiver when you enter the lot. All drivers and crew must sign the waiver and have a wristband.
- Find a spot to part. There will be a few cars already there so find a spot and start emptying everything out of your car including floormats, garbage and the spare tire.
- Walk the course! The more you walk the course the better so find a CART officer and introduce yourself and we will be more than happy to give pointers on how to get the most our of your car
- Confirming registration at the trailer will begin and be called out on the speakers. Registration will close at 9:30 no late registrations will be accepted
- All attendees will be required to work at least one work shift per event. You will be assigned a work assignment when you check in at the trailer Failure to work your assigned shift will result in loss of ALL recorded times. Multiple violations will result in an entrant being banned from our events.
How do I get numbers on my car?
- If you dont have painters tape then ask a member if they have some that you can use. Use tape when you get assigned your numbers and speak to us about getting better quality numbers and magnets.
- Car numbers should be 8 inches high, class letters should be 4 inches. Car number is required and the class is recommended so others can easily see what C class you are in.
Whats with the C classes?
- C classes are based on your SCCA class. Every production car has an SCCA class and at CART we group classes together so you will always have someone you are racing against. No one car classes here! Some of our classes will have 6-8 cars in a class and very close in times.
What car cant I bring to an autocross?
- Any car (street legal or race) may compete. No trucks, SUV’s motorcycles, horses or shifter carts can compete.
- All cars must be in good mechanical condition. This includes brakes and mechanically secured battery (no elastic cord). All cars must be muffled to a level determined by the Event Chair or any Officer.
How old do you have to be to do an autocross?
- Minimum age to compete is 18 years old for non club member participants and 16 years old for paid club members (any club members 16 and 17 years old must be accompanied by a paid member parent and have a waiver signed by said parent prior to competing). All drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
Do I need a helmet?
- Helmets are required WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND BRINGING YOUR OWN. Every helmet must have a DOT or Snell M or SA rating and proof of being manufactured within the current or previous 2 Snell periods.
- Currently SA2010 is the cut off. Helmets must be in good condition (no cracks)
Do I have to be a member?
- This is a MEMBERS ONLY. Event. Memberships to the club can be purchased on www.cartct.com. We also offer a $10.00 social membership for the non drivers.
- Membership will keep you in the loop for other events and deals and discounts that we run on merchandise.
- Membership also pays for the parties and the lot fees that we use to book lots.
C.A.R.T. maintains a good neighbor policy: any competitor or crew found driving in the pits or on the street in an unsafe manner will be ejected, and forfeit any fees paid. Vehicles that are judged to be too loud will receive one warning to correct the problem before they will not be allowed to run. Drivers exhibiting unsafe driving skills on or off the property will be banned from events.