About this event
Now you can register for an annual racing number on motorsportreg!
The F.A.Q. is on the next page to answer your questions about the annual numbers.
This is NOT an SCCA weekend Membership.
Numbers in the range 1-199 are reserved for long-time competitors at the discretion of the membership chair.
Note: It may take several days to process your points card. If you purchase a points card, and then attempt to register for an event, your newly purchased number will not be immediately available. In this case, please just register for the event with an available 6XX number and let the folks at the registration table know your points card number when you check in. Don't worry, our check in team will handle it on site!
Q. What is a Cal Club Autocross Points Card?
A. An Points Card provides a number of benefits:
- The ability to accumulate points toward the year-end championship competition
- An "annual" car number for the year (no taping 6xx numbers to your paint)
- Guaranteed entry into Sunday Championships (for those times we run out of 6xx numbers reserved for non-points card holders)
- Priority entry into some practices
- No gate fee
Q. How do I purchase a new Points Card?
A. Check to see if the number you want is available on the Annual Number Listings, then enter it on the next page. If it was used in 2023 it is not available until 1/31/2024.
Q. How long is a Cal Club Autocross Points Card valid?
- An Points Card is valid from date purchased until the end of the calendar year it was purchased
- An Points Card and it's associated annual number expires at the end of the year but subsequently put ON HOLD until 1/1/2024. The member has until 1 month after that to renew it. If at that time the card is not renewed, then the status of the card becomes AVAILABLE to the public on 2/1/2024.
Q. Can I reserve a Cal Club Autocross annual number before paying?
A. Annual numbers are NOT put on hold/reserve by request for anyone
Q. Do I need to join SCCA to get an annual number?
A. Technically no, but you will NOT be able to compete in our events since SCCA membership is required.
Q. Do SCCA members need an annual number to compete for points or receive year end awards?
A. Yes. While an SCCA membership will provide you some of the benefits of a Cal Club Autocross annual number, it will not allow you to compete for points. Points are tracked by car number, so without the annual number, you will not be able to compete for points.
Q. Do I have to join a club to get an annual number?
A. No. You may choose no club if you do not wish to join a club.
Q. When will I receive my Points Card?
A. Points Card are no longer mailed out as they are not required at registration (only driver's license and SCCA membership card. As long you are registered online, your name will appear on the list.