About this event
This is the registration for BMWCCA, Trillium Chapter & PCA-UCR Autoslalom Event on Sunday September 20th, 2020 held at the CAA Centre, Brampton.
Due to the new Covid19 restriction set out by the government on Sept 16th, we are limiting this event to 20 racers only. Please ensure you arrive alone to the event. There is no spectators allowed, even if they're in your 'household'.
You must be a member of the following clubs to race at the event:
- BMW Club of Canada
- CASC affiliate club
NOTE: PCA members will have the choice to continue with their existing format of non-competitive runs.
If you are currently not a member, an annual membership (for BMWCCA) can be purchased during this event registration process.
All makes/models welcome (not exclusive to BMW & Porsche). The course will be designed to allow beginners a fair chance to get competitive results.
The North-West parking parking lot will be used for the Autoslalom event, race paddock (parking) will be on the far West parking lot.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION IS NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO COVID-19 MEASURES.
Preparing for and Attending a COVID-19 Track Event (or, How to have FUN with COVID-19)
The objectives stay the same:
- Be SAFE,
- Have FUN and
- Become Better Drivers
Let’s get the REALLY important stuff way up front – READ THE FOLLOWING FULLY:
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, coughing, shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in your chest, confusion or bluish lips or face, sudden loss of taste or smell, please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
While on site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers, facility staff and event organizers into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently. Remember, some participants may have underlying health conditions and are very concerned about unwanted contact. Please respect the conditions under which this event is be held.
Please understand the COVID-19 rules for participants are non-negotiable.
- Put these instructions on your phone so you can reference them at the event. They will also be available in a mobile friendly format here:How to Have Fun with COVID-19 Autocross FINAL 200601.pdf
- Print and fill out the waiver ahead of time with ALL SIGNATURES including WITNESS on your Waiver.
- ENSURE all names that go with the signatures are legible (cannot stress this enough – cannot be read, will not be accepted).
- Bring a pen so you will not have to share with an organizer or volunteer to sign paperwork if required (extra pens will be provided for you to keep if needed).
- Bring lots of water, no communal coolers with water will be available.
- Bring coffee and snacks (hit the local drive-thru before you arrive; no breakfast will be available).
- REMEMBER to bring your own helmet, sharing is NOT allowed (unless from same household). Helmets are mandatory. Recommend Snell SA2010 or SA2015 helmets.
- RAIN or bright SUNSHINE, bring an umbrella, consider bringing a pop-up canopy/tent – the facility will not be open for refuge.
- Bring adequate tools – sharing is discouraged!
- Bring masks, gloves (if you intend to wear them), hand sanitizer and wipes for your car (there will be hand sanitizer at locations around the track but don’t count on them being close when needed).
- Set more than one alarm clock and DO NOT BE LATE; if you miss the safety meeting you may go a long time before you see the track through your windshield! Expect registration will take longer than normal.
- Members from the same household are allowed in a car with a member.
WHAT TO LEAVE BEHIND:
- COVID-19: if you think you have symptoms, DO NOT COME (a full refund will be given).
- Unless they are from the same household, girlfriends and boyfriends (with social distancing you cannot kiss them anyway).
- Family members outside your household.
- Friends (no spectators allowed – no car rides unless within your household)
- If possible, your pet (pets are allowed but the owner is fully accountable for them throughout the weekend – they cannot be passed off to a non-family member for care while you are on the track).
- ALL desire for handshakes, hugs, high fives and any variation thereof with another participant.
GENERAL RULES WHILE AT THE EVENT:
- All participants must maintain social distancing. 6 ft. apart throughout the event (unless they are family and from the same household); do not congregate! (Our event insurance evaporates)
- Washrooms: The washrooms in the facility will be available, only one person will be allowed in the washroom at any one time. Thoroughly wash your hands.
- No groups larger than 5 people and the group must maintain social distancing.
- When in the paddock, ensure your car practices social distancing while parked (lots of space, use it).
- Proper hand-washing is encouraged throughout the day (you know the drill, 20 seconds with soap).
- If it is not possible to maintain social distancing for a short period, a mask must be worn (close encounters for longer periods are not allowed).
- Participants should bring masks (a limited supply will be available, but volunteers are our first priority).
- There will be hand sanitizer available throughout the event, however, it is not an unlimited supply. We encourage participants to bring their own hand sanitizer if you have some.
- Any participant who is a high risk if they were to contract COVID-19 is encouraged to evaluate if they should be at the event. Refunds are available.
- Any participant who has symptoms before the event stay home. A refund will be provided.
- Any participant who develops COVID-19 symptoms at the event will have to leave but before so doing, shall immediately notify one of the organizers (for contact tracing). If a wheel has not turned, a full refund will be provided.
- Do not share cars, tools, phones, radios, etc., with other participants.
- Also, a reminder that you have not driven an autocross yet this season and you may have street driven a lot less over the last couple of months. Take your time and bring your speeds up slowly as your tire temps and skills warm up.
THE REGISTRATION, PARKING AND SAFETY PROCESS:
NOTE: Family members who are not participants will get their own wrist band and will have to sign the BMW CCA Waiver per the same process below.
- Registration starts at 9:00AM and is held at the at the Main Entrance to the facility.
- Park in a social distancing way, if there is a line-up of cars already, stay in line until a spot opens up.
- You will be met on the west side of the building by a volunteer who will confirm you have your completed waiver and then let you park. This volunteer will also provide you with a pen to keep if you do not have one.
- Legibly print your name and then sign the BMW CCA waiver taped to the registration table.
- Pick-up your wrist band; (PUT IT ON and keep it on throughout the event.
- Place your car number in at least 2 locations visible to the timer on your car.
- Go to your car in a socially distant manner – prep your car and yourself.
- When registration is complete, be in hearing distance of the Kennedy Street Entrance for the Safety Meeting (maintain social distancing throughout the Safety Meeting). You must be at the Safety Meeting to get on course!
NON-COVID19 (Racing) INFO:
Event held at the CAA Centre, Brampton 7575 Kennedy Rd S. L6W 4T2 (NW parking lot, enter from the SE)
Hosted by BMWCCA Trillium Chapter & Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region.
8:30am - Registration check-in will open
9:30am - Mandatory driver's meeting & track-walk
10:00am - First car off (after track-walk).
MEMBER COST: (includes 6 timed runs)
$41.20 per competitor ($40.00 for event, $1.20 online registration admin fee)
By members, we refer to CASC-affiliate clubs including BMWCCA and PCA.
DRIVING EVENT DETAILS:
- Minimum age to compete in this event is 19 years.
- All competitors must have a FULL valid driver's license (no learner permits).
- Minimum is a Snell M2010 helmet for all cars, drivers and passengers (Shared loaner helmets are available free).
- Driver numbers will be assigned at registration check-in. All drivers must display their competition number in a contrasting colour, on both sides of their car.
- Passengers must be minimum of 18 years of age or older and must sign the waiver (available at registration on the day of the event). Passengers are permitted to use loaner helmets.
- All cars will run in numeric order (1, 2, 3, 4 ...).
- Marshalling duties required for this day.
- All pylons hit on the course will be charged a two (2) second penalty per cone. Leaning/pointer cones are not counted.
- The decisions of the marshals on the course, the timing people, and the scorers are final.
- Any practicing and/or warming up of tires in adjacent properties and/or parking lots will result in disqualification from the event and series. Deliberate "burn outs" and "smoke shows' will also result in disqualification from the event.
- All competitors must attend the driver’s meeting prior to the start of each event.
- The Event and/or Series Organizers have the right to refuse entry or disqualify a competitor from competition for any reason
- Two driver cars should only have one number visible while on course. Shoe polish or tape is acceptable.
- If sharing a car, each driver must register and pay separately. Please make sure the shared vehicle is shown on both drivers' MotorsportReg.com profile/garage
- Your insurance is not valid at this event. Any damage you cause (to other cars and/or facility infrastructure) will be charged to you personally.