About this event
The Heart of Dixie Chapter is headed to the BMW Performance Center in Greer, South Carolina on March 16, 2019 for our ///M Club Day driving event. As always, the Performance Center provides current model ///M cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day at the track. Just show up ready to drive!
The focus of this event is on improving your driving skills and having fun through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience is required. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This school is a special program designed by the Performance Center staff specifically for the Heart of Dixie chapter. It will be similar to previous ///M Club Day events, which have included instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, car-control skills, weight-transfer, oversteer/understeer and improved vision. The day is divided into morning and afternoon sessions which mix skill exercises and competitive events, including skid pad wet/dry courses, braking and handling practice, autocross and more.
We will be driving current model BMW ///M Cars for this event. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session contents and the ///M cars available may vary from one school to the next.
Our event hotel is the Greenville Marriott. The special BMW rate includes the breakfast buffet for up to two people plus Internet service. Register at:www.marriott.com/GSPAP and enter BMW as the Corporate code. The Marriott has a great lobby bar for getting together after the driving and dinner events. Remember, no food service is available for breakfast Saturday morning at the Performance Center.
All times are Eastern Daylight time.
Friday March 15, 2019
- Travel to Greer, SC
- Late Afternoon (TBD) - BMW Zentrum Museum Tour (optional)
- 5:30 PM EDT - Meet in Greenville Marriott to Depart for Dinner
- 6:00 PM EDT - Group Dinner @ Barley's in Greenville
Saturday, March 16, 2019
- 7:30 AM EDT - Meet in the Lobby of the Greenville Marriott
- 7:45 AM EDT - Depart the Greenville Marriott
- 8:00 AM EDT - Check in at the Performance Center
- 8:15 AM EDT - Drive Day begins
- 5:00 PM EDT - Drive Day ends
- 6:30 PM EDT - Depart for dinner
- 7:00 PM EDT - Dinner at Sassafras Bistro
The Fine Print. Please read carefully!!!
- All drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license.
- The cost of $765.00 per day per driver and includes driving Performance Center ///M cars, tires, gas, instructors and lunch at the Performance Center.
- Travel expenses, meals and lodging costs are the responsibility of the attendees and not included in the $765.00 event registration fee.
- The Heart of Dixie event coordinators will accept applicants into the event through the MotorsportReg.com registration site.
- Each BMW CCA member can bring one or more non-member(s) under their membership/registration/payment.
- Successful registration does not constitute acceptance into this event. It places you in the registration queue and on the wait list.
- Acceptance into this event will be made on or about February 1, 2019 by the event coordinators.
- A BMW CCA member of any chapter is welcome to register to participate.
- Heart of Dixie chapter members have priority until January 19, 2019 after which registration will be accepted based on registration date.
- You do not have to own a BMW to attend this event. (However, be prepared to purchase one when you return home after the event.)
- NO CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS AFTER FEBRUARY 9, 2019.
We anticipate, based on past experience, that these schools will fill rapidly. The cost of the school is $765.00 per driver per day. Registration will open on Tuesday, January 2nd and close on March 10th or when the event is full, at the discretion of the event coordinators.
For this event, the Heart of Dixie chapter is allocated 32 slots. Completed applications will be accepted first-come, first-served, based on the registration date. Applications will be considered complete upon receipt of both the registration and full payment by credit card or eCheck. Your payment reserves your spot!
Each driver must pay the $765.00 fee to participate at the event. Sorry, no one drives for free. Non-driving guests are welcome for Zentru/Foudation tours, social / dinner events and to accompany the participants at the track. Non-drivers may not ride in the cars on track with participants.
NOTE: Registering on this site does not mean that you are automatically accepted into this event. If accepted, confirmation information and instructions will be sent to your MotorsportReg.com email address on or about February 1st, 2019.
Do not make final, non-refundable travel arrangements to this event until you are accepted, in writing, by email, from the event coordinator. Neither the Heart of Dixie chapter, or the BMW CCA, will reimburse any registrant or be responsible in any way at any time for any travel-related expenses incurred by participants to this event.
You may check your registration / acceptance / wait list status in your MotorsportReg.com account.