BCA ORP Track Day #2 - CounterclockwiseOregon Raceway Park
About this event
Bridge City Autosports will once again be hosting a track day at Oregon Raceway Park!
This track day is on Sunday, August 13th, which is the Sunday following the BCA Autocross on Track at ORP. Registration for Trackcross can be found here.
$215 for Earlybird members, $225 for Standard Members, and $240 for non-members. Cap of 60. There will be three run groups. We will run counterclockwise.
- Group A: First time at ORP - 20 driver limit, for the beginner road course driver. Recommended to have multiple Autocross, other on track experience or Hillclimb(s). Passing will be via point-by in designated areas only (see map).
- Group B: Intermediate - 20 driver limit, for drivers that have more track experience (including other tracks) and/or multiple times at ORP. Passing will be via point-by in designated areas only (see map).
- Group C: Advanced - 20 driver limit, these drivers have run ORP in CCW and CW directions previously, have attended on-track driving schools, and have years of track events/racing. Passing will be via point-by, you may pass anywhere EXCEPT on corners.
- Instructors - We will have 15 spots for ORP approved instructors to sign up. ORP Approved instructors will have a $100 discount. There will be several instructor sessions, and instructors can additionally jump between other groups while instructing.
Sunday August 13th, 2023
- Will be run Counterclockwise
- This is a track day to practice lapping, this is NOT a race. We are not trying to win. You cannot win a track day. Not wrecking yourself or someone else is how you win. If you wreck yourself or someone else, you lose - badly. Don't lose. Don't try to win. Clear?
- Safety is our main priority
- We will be using "Point to pass", so you need to pay attention to your mirrors.
- Groups A and B will utilize point-by passing in designated areas only (see map).
- Group C and Instructors Session will be able to pass anywhere, using point-by, EXCEPT in corners.
Be attentive to people waiting to pass you. We try to break this up by skill level, but there will always be faster drivers and slower drivers. Be thoughtful of everyones experience - let them pass when you can, if you are the slower driver. That does NOT mean that they are winning, there is no competition.
In the passing zones when you come around the corner point to your cars left/drivers side to indicate that they may pass. Give the other driver(s) the WHOLE straight to pass you. If more than one driver is passing you point by each car that you expect to pass you.
There is gas available at the track. It is ETHANOL FREE. Check in at the ORP Office with Brenda. Think about Supporting the track!
Limit of 60 cars! 20 per Run Group, Three run groups.
Lunch will be served for $15, and is available for purchase on the registration page during signup.
No drugs or alcohol allowed on the track, anywhere. At all.
BRING LOTS OF WATER.
Bring whole food snacks, eat well, keep your energy up.
- No passengers, only Oregon Raceway Park Instructors may ride along. Please ask ahead of time. ORP Policy
- No drugs/alcohol allowed on the track.
- No spills or garbage allowed there. Catch ALL your fluids AND garbage. Put it in the bin or take it with you.
- 2 wheels off the track, you get the black flag.
- 4 wheels off the track and you're coming in for the rest of the session. Do it again, and you're done for the day.
- Convertibles/Open vehicles rules ORP: Please click and read "Roll Over Protection Policy"
- A maximum of 110 dbA will be permitted with a warning at 108 dbA. All cars must have a muffler.
These rules are in place for our safety, if we have to use the ambulance, the event is on hold until another emergency vehicle is on site. That driver did not win. Don't be a loser. Be a winner.
- 5 MPH in the pits/paddock areas MAXIMUM.
- Keep your pit area clean.
- Have fun and socialize - everyone is there for fun, even if they drive a Miata.
- Play and share the track with the other drivers
- Share the track, allow passes and then follow whoever passed you, this can be fun and you may learn something!
Schedule of the day (note that we may move people between groups as we see them throughout the day)
7:00am - Gates and Check-in open
8:00am - ORP Orientation (MANDATORY for first timers at ORP)
9:00am - Drivers meeting (MANDATORY for everyone)
9:45am - Instructors to Pre-grid
10:00am - Instructors Session on track
10:20am - Group C on track
10:40am - Group B on track
11:00am - Group A on track
11:20am - Group C on track
11:40am - Group B on track
12:00pm - Group A on track
12:20pm - LUNCH
1:20pm - Instructors Sessions
1:40pm - Group C on track
2:00pm - Group B on track
2:20pm - Group A on track
2:40pm - Group C on track
3:00pm - Instructors Session
3:20pm - Group B on track
3:40pm - Group A on track
----- Somewhere around this time, we may convert to open track depending on the number of drivers remaining, and what we see -----
4:00pm - Group C on track
4:20pm - Group B on track
4:40pm - Group A on track
5:00pm - END
ORP map with highlighted passing
Helmets required. ORP sells Pyrotect on site, check for availability.
Licensed drivers 18 and older, waivers must be signed by all to enter the track.
Stars Project at Oregon Raceway Park does have rental cars and instructors (call ahead to reserve an instructor), please check with Brenda Pikl Office Manager on the ORP website.