About this event
Thanks for checking out the Badlands Region SCCA. On the weekend of May 20th and 21st we will be hosting a SCCA Autocross event at the Farmers Union Oil / Cenex in Carpio, ND. This will be a special weekend called Intro to Auto-X.
The Saturday event will be focused on introducing new participants to auto-x.It will start with some group discussions that detail what a weekend is like from start to finish, classing, the goals of auto-x, and some other topics. We will then move on to doing tech, and setting up some obstacles that participants will work on, building and adding as we go on. The goal will be to have a full course at the end of the day where there will be some timed runs. We will have a number of members available to help with presenting content, riding with you, taking you for rides, etc.
Sunday will be a "Test and Tune" event. There will be timing like always, but we may change the course 2 or 3 times during the day. It will be relaxed with lots of time for runs, instructors to help, and everyone have a good day.
For more information on the Badlands SCCA, look us up on Facebook and find the event page.
Intro to Auto-X Weekend - This entry covers both Saturday and Sunday.
- $25 + weekend membership if needed.
- ****Please only sign up for the "Intro to Auto-x", this will sign you up for both days.
Test and Tune Sunday - This is open to all, and will be for Sunday only.
- $25 - SCCA Members
- $45 - non SCCA Members. During registration you will have to pick the day you plan to attend, and the SCCA Weekend Membership Option
Pre-registration is requested. If you miss the online registration deadline, we do offer On-site registrations, which will be an additional $5 per day. Only cash is accepted for on-site registrations.
2023 Update: We will have a novice class, for any participants whom are in thier first season, or have ran fewer than 5 events . Please select "N" or "Novice" from the *PAX* drop down. For more info on novice class, see the pinned post on our FB Page.
If you have further questions or need help with classing please contact us at one of the below options:
•Badlands SCCA Facebook Page
- Please be on site no later than 930am so you can check in and get your car tech'd, course walk, and be ready for the 10am Drivers Meeting.
- ATTN Novice, or "new" participants. Please let the person working check in that you are new. They can find someone to go over the basics with you before the event and arrange a novice course walk in a smaller group before the drivers meeting.
- All cars must be properly classed according to the SCCA Solo 2023 rules.
- SCCA 2023 Rules
- If you need help classing your car, please email our club's email or make a post on the Facebook Page.
- One tip when looking in the SCCA Rulebook is using the search feature to find your base class. (CTRL + F, and searching your car model ex: Mustang, Miata, WRX)
- All drivers are required to wear an approved helmet. Please see the below link for listing of approved helmets:
- We will have 2 run groups. You will run in one and course work during the other.