AXS Autocross Series & Time Attack- Round 3Atlanta Motorsports Park
About this event
AXS Autocross Series & Time Attack at Atlanta Motorsports Park will run on the same days as the Main Track Summer Series. Autocross is open to all drivers Age 16+ with a valid drivers license. Time Attack is open to all drivers 18+ with a valid drivers license. Register early (>2xweeks) and save $15. (1) Free Lunch included for anyone registered 3-days before the event.
(1) FREE LUNCH is included with registration. Additional Lunch Ticket: $15 (add during checkout)
MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING AT 9:30AM for Autocross and 10:00AM for Time Attack. Located 2nd Floor of Club House.
Parking in South Paddock or Grass Lots Only. No parking in North Paddock, Fuel Paddock or SkidPad.
All drivers will be grouped based on power to weight (PPP Scale) and whether or not they are Stock/Modified. We are using the honor system and you will fill out a self tech form upon registering. We will tech according to SCCA rules for any group of 6 or more drivers that want to follow SCCA rules, otherwise all vehicles must pass a basic safety tech and quick visual to verify their competition subclass. We reserve the right to send a car back across tech if a complaint is filed.
- PPP Score (Pounds Per Pony)
- Calculated: (Curb Weight) ÷ (Horsepower), EV’s (-1) to final score
- Classes: Street Stock(PPP), Modified(PPP)
- Stock: Must be stock with OEM tire size and street tires. can run any aftermarket cold air intake or cat back exhaust. Over the counter flash tunes are OK, but must be reported on your self tech form and you must add the claimed +HP gains from the tuners website to your cars stock HP (as reported by the manufacturer). Convertables Allowed. Tire must have a minimum UTQG Treadwear Grade of 200.
- Modified: A car is considered modified if it has any aftermarket parts (other than CAI, Catback exhaust, or ECU Flash tune) that have replaced stock OEM parts with the intention of improving performance. This includes anything that improves power, handling or aerodynamics of the vehicle over stock.
- Electric Vehicles (EVs): If 6 or more EV’s drivers want to breakout (Group E) into an EV only class, we will follow SCCA EVX rules. Otherwise will follow (-1) penalty when calculating PPP Score.
- Sub-Classes (PPP Score):
- (Stock) Group A = 1.0-4.9
- (Stock) Group B = 5.0-6.9
- (Stock) Group C = 7.0-8.9
- (Stock) Group D = 9.0-10.9
- (Stock) Group F = 11.0-12.9
- (Stock) Group G = 13.0-14.9
- (Stock) Group H = 15+
- (Mod) Group A = 1.0-4.9
- (Mod) Group B = 5.0-6.9
- (Mod) Group C = 7.0-8.9
- (Mod) Group D = 9.0-10.9
- (Mod) Group F = 11.0-12.9
- (Mod) Group G = 13.0-14.9
- (Mod) Group H = 15+
- Track and Penalties:
A cone course will be set up in the paddock. Drivers will start from a stand still in the designated starting area and will drive the cone course as fast as they can trying to avoid knocking over any cones and coming to a complete stop before time is counted. Any cone(s) knocked over during a run will result in a 1.0s or 2.0s penalty (depending on track length) being added to the run time. All cars will stage single file and drive first come first serve until time is up. Once finished with a run, each car will go to the back of the line and wait for their next run. If enough drivers are participating, groups will be separated into assigned times. Track layout will change each month.
DRIVERS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SHAG CONES!!!
- Eligibility and Pricing:
Anyone 16+ years of age with a valid (US) drivers license is eligible to participate. Cars must pass a basic safety check to make sure they have functional seat belts, are road worthy and have no unsecured items in or outside the car. All drivers must have a Snell rated helmet manufactured within the last 15 years. Helmets available for rent at Discovery Parts.
AMP Club Members: $75
Non Members: $85
- Track and Competition:
Time Attack will take place on the 1.18 mile short course utilizing the turn 10 cut through. Participants will get 1x 20min open lapping practice session and 1x timed run. For timed runs, cars will release in groups of three with a 20s gap between each car. Your time starts first pass of the start/finish line and you get 2 laps to set your fastest time. Top times in each class win.
- Eligibility and Pricing:
Anyone 18+ years of age with a valid (US) drivers license and prior HPDE track experience is eligible to participate. Cars must pass a basic safety check to make sure they have functional seat belts, are road worthy and have no unsecured items in or outside the car. All drivers must have a Snell rated helmet manufactured within the last 15 years. Helmets available for rent at Discovery Parts.
We run a MyLaps X2 scoring system and use RaceMonitor to publish live scoring data. You will need a MyLaps TR2 transponder to be scored. We have some for rent ($45/Day) or you can purchase one at Discovery Parts
AMP Club Members: $100
Non Members: $125
Transponder Rental: $45
Drivers will compete for top time in their class for both Autocross and Time Attack. We will follow SCCA guidelines for awarding Podium awards, meaning there must be at least 2 people competing in a class for a 1st place to be awarded. We will crown a season champion on November 11th!
- Best in Class: Fastest (up to 5) drivers in each subclass. Lowest time after penalties. Fastest time can be from any run during the day.
- Season Points: Each event score season points calculated; Points = 100 – 900 * [(your time – best time in class) / best time in class]; Best 6 out of 8 events count towards season total. Highest score after 8 events wins the class championship.
** AXS will be run RAIN or SHINE **
** Registration Fees are not refundable **
** We will allow one grace application of the fee paid towards another race for cancellation, within that calendar year only **
Autocross at Atlanta Motorsports Park is open to anyone age 16+ with a valid drivers licenses. Time Attack is open to anyone age 18+ with prior HPDE experience
If you have any questions about rules or qualifications. Please contact the AMP Race Director at email@example.com.
Mandatory Drivers Meeting: 9:30AM (Located 2nd Floor of Club House in the Show Room)